here's some mantak chia ebooks

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

here's some mantak chia ebooks

Postby taoistfist on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:46 am

i just came across this so here they are.
please lets start those chia comments ;D
Last edited by xxxxx on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the night is darkest just before the dawn. and i promise you the dawn is coming.
taoistfist
Anjing

Re: here's some mantak chia ebooks

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Your clicky no worky.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby taoistfist on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:44 pm

fixed
the night is darkest just before the dawn. and i promise you the dawn is coming.
taoistfist
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:15 pm

We don't pass around free e-books of practitioners on the main forum...if you want to trade take it to pms...otherwise this shit is forbidden.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby xxxxx on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:17 pm

What Shawn said.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby bigphatwong on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:45 am

taoistfist wrote:please lets start those chia comments ;D

NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:21 am

Hm. Dunno what the issue is about Chia. If you get past all the spiritual taoist stuff and all its esoteric references, and just focus on the martially applicable stuff -- his descriptions of human anatomy, and neuro-musculo/bio-electro-chemical processes for manipulating the skeleton and fascia/connective tissue for internal structure and power generation -- it is actually pretty sound.

Has anyone actually felt his martially related internal skills firsthand? Just curious.
Last edited by Interloper on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:41 pm

You should go test him out, Interloper.

Pull an Emin Boztepe and go down in history!

Something like..."you concentrate and give love to you anus...WTF!!!" Crash, thump, thump...boot to the head!

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:05 pm

shawnsegler wrote:"you concentrate and give love to you anus...WTF!!!" Crash, thump, thump...boot to the head!

S

That was farking beautiful Shawn, farking beautiful.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:11 pm

shawnsegler wrote:You should go test him out, Interloper.

Pull an Emin Boztepe and go down in history!

Something like..."you concentrate and give love to you anus...WTF!!!" Crash, thump, thump...boot to the head!

S

Yeah, yeah. That's kind of over-the-top. ;D It's easy to get lost in esoteric language. But I wasn't paying attention to his taoist sex-practice stuff, just the qigong and iron shirt concepts that are part and parcel to overall internal body training. Again, once you wade past the taoist esoteric terminology and references, you can see the meat of what he's saying, and it's pretty pragmatic body mechanics.

As for the taoist sex stuff, it's not an interest of mine, but if you have the patience to get through his language, he's actually talking about stuff that may be directly related to manipulating aspects of the nervous system and connective tissues in ways that are not in themselves "sex," but which can enhance sex. Think about how some of those yogis can control their heartbeat, breathing and metabolic processes and realize that this is a part of a larger practice of body control, including that of autonomic responses.

I've met a few people who are decidedly not into tao or fuzzy-wuzzy intercosmic qi relationships, etc., and who are, in fact down-to-earth fighters and martial artists who by happenstance came across internal training. One of them discovered for himself that the very exercises he was using to practice internal structure/power-building also gave him a hell of a buzz, and he apparently thought it was so mind-blowing that he added it to his sex life with great success. ;D
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Tell ya all a funny story that I can't verify.

I had a friend slag Chia pet rotten at a martial arts gig and another guy told him. To get stuffed. He said he "ACTUALLY" jokingly challenged Chia brother about 5 years ago. And Chia's brother gave him a "chi blast" to his face and told him that's what his brother taught him. Sent him spinning.

So if you know the guy suppose to be good...is that what you would expect? So me being nosey I asked a few people who had worked, trained or was in contact with Chia...ex-wife and brother. They felt that in whole time they knew him, it was unremarkable?????

Go figure.
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Link to a previous Mantak Chia thread: BK Frantzis or Mantak Chia system recommendation?
chud
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Saw a clip of a student of his doing "iron vest"....looked rather shitty to me. Didn't seem to actually develop any internal iron vest skill and was really just shitty chi gong postures.
Chris Fleming

Postby chud on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:12 pm

If anyone would care to share a link via PM I'd be interested in checking it out. I have heard good and bad things about Mantak Chia's material, honestly most of it bad, but still I'd be interested in seeing some of his material.
Last edited by chud on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:23 am

His Iron Shirt is lacking any real movement that will help develop the body. The postures used will help to teach you to root through the ground vector and help lead energy there, but you need to develop the body and its ability to take blows.

Have not seen anyone of his students take serious shots. Though there might be someone out there who could.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That