Right hand white tiger (lungs) left hand green dragon liver

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Right hand white tiger (lungs) left hand green dragon liver

Postby I-mon on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Void you sound like you are permanently tripping balls. It seems like you're enjoying yourself though so good for you I guess.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby voidisyinyang on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm

I-mon wrote:Void you sound like you are permanently tripping balls. It seems like you're enjoying yourself though so good for you I guess.

My experience with Jim and Chunyi is they work on the Emptiness level - so I feel the center of my brain get very hot - the pineal gland - or the heart get very hot.

So with Chunyi - the healing is a kind of laser holographic energy from the Emptiness. He described once - how someone was bleeding internally and so he created a kind of sac of material - that then when the doctors did the surgery they discovered this sac, exactly as he had visualizing - that had stopped the internal bleeding. He said other healings - the doctors had x-rays - the Mayo Clinic doctors have promoted him. I cite the study by Mayo Clinic Dr. Ann Vincent but there have been several others on record. Chunyi cowrote a chapter with a Mayo Clinic doctor - for a textbook - on complementary healing - Nisha Manek was the doctor. Then a few doctors from the University of Minnesota have also worked with Chunyi.

Anyway so when I did intensive meditation - then the bones got soft and pulsated with qi - but that was in 2000 - a long time ago. I was young and did not know what I was getting into. So then I studied the books - and the best book is "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Wow... The Force is strong with this one. -bow-

(Also getting flashbacks from some post(er)s from EF's hazy past...)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby voidisyinyang on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 pm

I-mon wrote:Void you sound like you are permanently tripping balls. It seems like you're enjoying yourself though so good for you I guess.

Back to your question about how the quantum effects can be scaled up - here is the 2nd author of that quantum biology book. He's an actual biologist - so he explains it better than the physicist. I'm talking about the free radicals -
How does it work in a biological organism?....And how does a field, as weak as the Earth's magnetic field make much of a difference....it shouldn't make much any difference to any biochemical reaction.... In 1976 demonstrated certain chemical reactions involving free radicals were sensitive to magnetic fields. And the reason for that was that the unpaired electrons in free radicals, if they remain entangled, they become sensitive, or the reaction becomes sensitive to magnetic fields. The presence acts as an angle of a magnetic field, relative to the unpaired electron orientation makes a difference to the final products of those reactions....certain chemical reactions were sensitive to magnetic fields.
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby everything on Wed May 02, 2018 10:07 pm

voidisinyang,

sorry, it's hard to follow everything you wrote...

... are you saying we should be standing in santishi with our right hand up. the right hand is not facing the body in any case.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu May 03, 2018 1:13 pm

How about less words and a clip of something
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby voidisyinyang on Thu May 03, 2018 3:07 pm

everything wrote:voidisinyang,

sorry, it's hard to follow everything you wrote...

... are you saying we should be standing in santishi with our right hand up. the right hand is not facing the body in any case.

Thank you for the question. I posted in order to learn - http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/XY_SanTiSh ... TiShi.html
This - to me - shows the Santishi posture is really about the right hand facing down to the left foot. The left foot is yang while the right hand is yin.
When your left hand and left foot are in front during Santi Shi, the posture is called left-side Santi Shi. The opposite situation is referred to as
right-side Santi Shi. You should practice equally on both sides.

So I was told I need to do 2 hours a day of standing active exercise to rebuild my energy. This link gives very detailed instructions.

At the same time, imagine that your right hand is pulling something back and then coordinate this feeling with the
downward force in your left foot. The integration of the feeling in your right hand with the downward press of your left foot will augment the
backward force.

So the concept I did the OP on is the same as this - only I said the yin right hand is opposite to the yang upper body. But he is saying the right hand is against the left foot.

The first step in integration force training is to mentally connect one arm with the leg on the opposite side of your body. Focus first on the
Laogong point of your left hand and then expand this thought to the Yongquan point on your right foot.

and this is the crucial point of the practice - as a philosophy of structural position:

The entities of yin and yang are differentiated within Taiji but are not
yet fully separated....These changes result in the separation of yin and yang and end when yin and
yang become integrated and generate Santi Shi.

So I will study that more and may take up this practice. It is the same principles - only it takes it to a more detailed level - based on the hand with the foot as yin-yang - while standing.
The "moving of yin and yang" exercise I referred to is the hand against the upper body and hand against the lower body - while the feet are not included.

So that is Zhang Yun. What is so fascinating about this - is that as a Westerner we look at the stance and 99% of people are going to have no idea that there is a yin-yang circulation and activation of energy - like licking a 9-volt battery - you connect the positive and negative and so structurally you create a charge. And so in this case it is the right hand and left foot and vice versa.

So thank you for clarifying this for me.

http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/articles.htm

More of his articles there.

http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/TJ_XY_BG/arti_TBX.htm

Yes it is very nice to find a teacher who really understands and explains the principles well. So this connects right back to the Neidan alchemy training.

For example in full lotus - you want the left leg on top so that the "yang embraces the yin" - the yin being the lower body. So I didn't know this for a long time - and so I sat with the right leg on top. You can do this - but it does not store up energy as easily - instead it sends out energy. So I sent out a lot of my energy. But with the left leg on top then you activate the right side of the body more. I go into this - quoting a Chinese medical doctor....

In the
beginning, Xingyi training is very similar to external martial arts training, and then the training
progresses to incorporate high level principles. Because the training methodology is changed inside
instead of outside, many people cannot do this well, even if they do not realize it. Consequently, many
people enjoy low level practice or mistake low level practice for high level skill. In Xingyi training, how
to step over this point is the most difficult thing.

Exactly - so he is really talking about Daoist neidan alchemy.

Unfortunately most people just understand lower level principles, and sometimes therefore mistake low level skill for high
level.

This is so true.

So it is said that although many people practice, it is very rare to find someone who can achieve high level skill.

exactly. So this teacher really explains things well.

When I read how well he understands - it is quite stunning. So this opens up a whole new level of training for me.
It is very common for Xingyi practitioners to remain
at the level of Ming Jin even after many years hard training because they do not know how to progress to the next step (An Jin) and
perhaps do not even realize the need to further progress.

So to understand the high level is very rare indeed. So I am not saying I understand it. I'm just saying the teacher I took classes from is at a high level but he does healing, not fighting. So then it is a kind of reverse practice. He initiates people at a high level and then it's up to us to learn how to build up our foundation properly to keep training. haha.
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby everything on Thu May 03, 2018 7:30 pm

So now you think your right palm should face your left foot. I'm more interested in the health aspects (wider "application"), but on this board, people are more interested in martial arts, so usually we try to stay on that topic. Plus, like others, I cannot follow too much TCM theory or long posts very easily.

Anecdotally I would say that standing in santishi makes me feel more focused and "ready to act". I did an anecdotal test and tried this standing, then played a "shooter". I felt calmer yet more focused and did objectively better. There are too many variables to make much of a conclusion, but subjectively it's about being in the zone. I would say you try to calm down most of your nervous system, but it's ready. I try to do the same thing if I play goalkeeper. Most of the time you are watching alertly, but not doing anything, then suddenly you have to react. Getting your nervous system state, mental state, and whatever tactical body position you need all aligned is pretty difficult. "Fighting" has too many variables, but doing these two activities (the first you're mentally and nervous-system wise going through "fighting" but you're hardly moving, the second you are in a physical competition but again you're hardly moving), you definitely notice some "application", at least subjectively, of trying to bring this all together in a practical way for a specific result achieved through some kind of nervous system action (whether a button push or a diving to ground motion). I haven't noticed any difference with left or right hand up, but doing any kind of qigong, it feels different with hand facing outward or toward you. For me, a "tree hugging" posture is more calming, relaxing, back toward "undifferentiated".
Last edited by everything on Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby voidisyinyang on Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am

everything wrote:So now you think your right palm should face your left foot. I'm more interested in the health aspects (wider "application"), but on this board, people are more interested in martial arts, so usually we try to stay on that topic. Plus, like others, I cannot follow too much TCM theory or long posts very easily.

Anecdotally I would say that standing in santishi makes me feel more focused and "ready to act". I did an anecdotal test and tried this standing, then played a "shooter". I felt calmer yet more focused and did objectively better. There are too many variables to make much of a conclusion, but subjectively it's about being in the zone. I would say you try to calm down most of your nervous system, but it's ready. I try to do the same thing if I play goalkeeper. Most of the time you are watching alertly, but not doing anything, then suddenly you have to react. Getting your nervous system state, mental state, and whatever tactical body position you need all aligned is pretty difficult. "Fighting" has too many variables, but doing these two activities (the first you're mentally and nervous-system wise going through "fighting" but you're hardly moving, the second you are in a physical competition but again you're hardly moving), you definitely notice some "application", at least subjectively, of trying to bring this all together in a practical way for a specific result achieved through some kind of nervous system action (whether a button push or a diving to ground motion). I haven't noticed any difference with left or right hand up, but doing any kind of qigong, it feels different with hand facing outward or toward you. For me, a "tree hugging" posture is more calming, relaxing, back toward "undifferentiated".

Three external harmonies (外三合)

The hands harmonise with the feet

So this is supposed to be the "harmonization" of hands and feet - but notice it is the opposite of what the Chinese daoist alchemy teaching actually is.
The first step in integration force training is to mentally connect one arm with the leg on the opposite side of your body. Focus first on the
Laogong point of your left hand and then expand this thought to the Yongquan point on your right foot....Complete this part of your practice by focusing on the Lao Gong point on your right hand and connecting it to the Yongquan point on your left foot.

https://www.taichi-neigong.net/santishi.html

So the person is "teaching" Santishi but I don't see any mention of the primary "complementary opposites" philosophy.

the mind focuses the energy as a connection between the right hand and left foot and the right foot and the left hand.

So that image says then Harmonize the elbow with the knee - but the Chinese teaching states:
Then, focus your mind on the Quchi
point on your left elbow and connect that thought to the Yanglingquan point on your right knee.

The image has it again as the opposite - a straight right to right alignment.

So this is my main point - the secret of the Daoist alchemy energy training is these opposite alignments - for males - the right hand and upper body, left hand and lower body. Right hand and left foot. Left hand and right foot.

And in meditation then with the eyes closed - the intention is guided by the visualization as spirit - and you are turning the light back around and so accessing the Emptiness as reverse time energy - and this then is the opposites at the same time - so you have reverse time energy at the same time as forward time. You "capture" the reverse time energy with the light turned around - since light does not have rest mass but as energy it can convert anti-matter into mass - from relativistic mass that is reverse time mass or superluminal momentum. This is the "golden key" as the "yin matter" or "yuan jing."
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby voidisyinyang on Fri May 04, 2018 3:16 pm

o.k. did my first 2 hours - switched from right to left at an hour. Awesome meditation training - standing qigong - do "small universe" - the 12 harmonic nodes as standing meditation in Santi Shi posture. Will go for 2 hours every day for 2 years to restore the yin qi energy. Saw nice violet light - stood outside barefoot - did a blog post on it. http://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/05 ... rally.html
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby everything on Fri May 04, 2018 7:34 pm

really interesting thanks.
everything
Wuji

Postby voidisyinyang on Sat May 05, 2018 7:22 pm

everything wrote:really interesting thanks.

To bring the thread back to the OP:

The right path of Intent Boxing (Yi Quan) does not go beyond the ancient postures of old Three Fists and two energies (Qi) of Dragon and Tiger. Two energies of Dragon and Tiger are skills....

http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/xyxy/sanquan.html

So that pretty much corroborates my original claim!!

Quote is from the founder of Yi Quan,
Wang, Xiangzhai
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby everything on Sun May 06, 2018 7:57 pm

I was trying this small experiment. Put your hands about 4-5 inches apart in front of your dan tian, with palms both facing toward you. Try L closer than R, then try R closer than L. It will feel different.
Last edited by everything on Sun May 06, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everything
Wuji

Postby voidisyinyang on Mon May 07, 2018 2:55 pm

everything wrote:I was trying this small experiment. Put your hands about 4-5 inches apart in front of your dan tian, with palms both facing toward you. Try L closer than R, then try R closer than L. It will feel different.

yes males are to put the left hand first which is the dragon (yin qi) and tiger (right hand) is yang qi but for the lower body the left hand is yang and right hand is yin, which is to say males are yin externally - as the yang qi gets lost as the "substance."

Have you seen Santi Shi explained based on dragon and tiger before? or these complementary opposites of the right hand to the left foot and the left hand to the right foot? I can only find those two sources - and just the one is explicit and the other saying it is dragon and tiger qi. Then I found several sites of Western teachers who do not explain this cross or complementary opposites - noncommutative phase as it is called in Western math. So to me this is the secret of the training and yet it does not seem to be well understood by many teachers?!

I will look on the youtube vids of Santi Shi - but from my search of websites - those are the only two hits I got giving this secret of the Santi Shi training.

I noticed that the lower tan t'ien definitely is hot after the training - so this is a good sign that the Yuan qi is being created from the alchemical process of shen under the jing - and the yin-yang qi undivided is the yuan qi.... and the diaphragm muscle is sore....

So the goal is to restore the generative force - as the yin qi energy - which is the first step to activate the T'ai Chi of the ancestral cavity - the third eye - from the lower tan t'ien being filled with yin qi energy. The yin jing has to be converted to yang jing (yin qi) instead of being deconverted into generative fluid as it normally would do so - for males.

And so it has to be restored to a 16 year old - which is different depending on the ancestral generative force of the person, the age of the person, how celibate they have been, how much of their qi they have already used up, etc.

And as I quoted - most people never even get past this first stage of the training and so the training stays on a physical level. But it seems that - the actual Daoist aspect of the training is not even understood by most? No one explained it to me when I first posted on the Santi Shi posture.... Anyway like I said - I am just learning. But it is very affirming to discover the secret of this standing exercise if the same secret of the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality. The author of that book was also a martial artist as well - so he assumed people doing the small universe meditation would also be doing a foundation training in martial arts.
voidisyinyang
Anjing

Postby everything on Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 pm

If I put right hand closer to dantian with left over right, things heat up quickly, but not necessarily in a good way. It's as if the polarity is all messed up. It seems to "generate" qi and heat and sweat (literally), but doesn't seem good.

Martial artists don't seem too interested in qigong or "internal" anything (even on an "internal" board). Even if they are, almost by definition, they will only want to learn a tiny subset of the available knowledge, and then discount anything as not practical (which seems perfectly reasonable to me; I don't have any issue with that). It's most likely better to pursue TCM and qigong knowledge that has nothing to do with MA.

I tried to read some L R stuff on MA sites, but they just said it's "advanced" and don't worry about it until later. Doesn't sound like they had any clue.
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That