bullshido taking the piss

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: bullshido taking the piss

Postby klonk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:03 pm

3moose1 wrote:I wonder how many forum members here are actual bullshido members...

Sometimes it's obvious. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2001529&postcount=48 ;D
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Very few. Most of us aren't 25 year old virgins living in their gramma's basement.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Yup. But I am going to be a little circumspect about EF members with registration dates on or soon after 5 December 2008. Might be sleepers, you know. The bullshidoka are actually comparing notes on strategy, see the thread D.D. cited--talking about whether it's better to play along for a while.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby partyboy on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:15 pm

3moose1 wrote:I wonder how many forum members here are actual bullshido members...

just look at the join date

...whoops
partyboy

Postby partyboy on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:24 pm

klonk wrote:Yup. But I am going to be a little circumspect about EF members with registration dates on or soon after 5 December 2008. Might be sleepers, you know. The bullshidoka are actually comparing notes on strategy, see the thread D.D. cited--talking about whether it's better to play along for a while.

if you strike us down...

whatever, don't be gay
partyboy

Postby Bodywork on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:43 pm

IMO Internal training is the best training in the world. And I have and continue to discuss it hands on with doubters, and no one walked away making light of it...ever. We've taken apart quite a few MMA and bjj people who thought liitlle of the way we train. We visit various MMA and BJJ clubs and roll on our own. You can either shut up SC , judo and bjj people or you can't.. You either can deliver or you can't. So for those who look at this training and laugh...and maybe they meet you and you really have nothing to show that they can't blow right through, or you shut them up by tossing them and hitting them, it's really all on you. In fact if the internal arts suffer doubt due to hands on experience by its detractors, then there's nothing to say.
Whther or not you really understand all that it can impart to you is on you, no sense resenting someone who calls bullshit when they see someone who's all theory with no real power or skill. Grappling is fairly straightforward stuff for any one claiming to understand internal power. And your strikes should be fight enders. If not...it's homeowrk time. On that day it's not your teacher, not your style, not anyone elses reputation...it's all on you. Your experience displayed in your own body and hands.
Bodywork

Postby TheMagician on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:48 pm

^^^Well said. My old Baji structor would agree with you whole heartedly ;D

"Baji is for developing one's mind, body, and spirit. But sometimes you gotta kick ass!"
TheMagician

Postby Craig on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:51 am

Bär wrote:Very few. Most of us aren't 25 year old virgins living in their gramma's basement.

speak for yourself there bar....

wait...what?
Craig
Great Old One

Postby Cam427 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:53 am

Bodywork wrote:IMO Internal training is the best training in the world. And I have and continue to discuss it hands on with doubters, and no one walked away making light of it...ever. We've taken apart quite a few MMA and bjj people who thought liitlle of the way we train. We visit various MMA and BJJ clubs and roll on our own. You can either shut up SC , judo and bjj people or you can't.. You either can deliver or you can't. So for those who look at this training and laugh...and maybe they meet you and you really have nothing to show that they can't blow right through, or you shut them up by tossing them and hitting them, it's really all on you. In fact if the internal arts suffer doubt due to hands on experience by its detractors, then there's nothing to say.
Whther or not you really understand all that it can impart to you is on you, no sense resenting someone who calls bullshit when they see someone who's all theory with no real power or skill. Grappling is fairly straightforward stuff for any one claiming to understand internal power. And your strikes should be fight enders. If not...it's homeowrk time. On that day it's not your teacher, not your style, not anyone elses reputation...it's all on you. Your experience displayed in your own body and hands.

While it isnt my job to defend Bullshido i think you will find that if you are going to other clubs (BJJ, MMA, TMA, whatever) and training with them and fighting effectively then nobody at Bullshido would make fun of you or your school anyway since it is obviously effective. They have no issue with any particular type of martial art (although there are some that are more commonly bad than others). It is only the people who train badly then claim they cant train with other clubs/arts because they are "too deadly" or cant fight with sensible rules because they "always" use strikes that are illegal, etc they make fun of (because these reasons make no sense). There are plenty of traditional martial artists involved in Bullshido who do very effective TMA styles. I myself spent several years studying Aikido (a style renound for fakery) but I was very fortunate to have a good instructor who taught effective Aikido. The proof to me was that later when i moved to Jujitsu and MMA (because i changed location) I found some of the aikido skills to be very useful.

If you genuinely believe you are learning to fight effectively (which you seem to be since you have proved it) then you should join in with the bullshido community, go to a throwdown, meet some other people from nearby clubs where you can cross-train. Despite the name the throwdown is just a really fun day where you can meet other martial artists and spar with people from other styles and learn from one another. Aggression, bad sportsmanship, etc are not tolerated. It is your opportunity to show others the efectiveness of your style and see some other styles while having a fun day.

FYI. I am a bullshido member but unfortunately am no longer a kid (I am 36). Nor do i live with my grandmother (although with the current mortgage interest rates i wish i did!!). Most Bullshido members are sensible, reasonable, decent people.

Cam
Cam427

Postby ashe on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:47 am

if you join eF specifically to post in response to bullshido, i will ban you.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:07 am

Chris Fleming

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:42 am

Which is really how I've finally come to feel about internet MA.

If you're getting the good stuff, you know it, and there's no need to prove it to anyone.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby TheMagician on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 am

I don't understand why these bullshido guys don't just do their own thing on their forum and let us do our own thing.
TheMagician

Postby cerebus on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:46 am

Meh. Just treat 'em as you would any other child who's trying to be bothersome, and ignore 'em....
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:55 am

Yes. Well. A number of user id's have evaporated since last I looked in on this discussion. It would seem Phrost rather misled his faithful, who charged in ready to go with the message of alive training, reminding me of the line in Kipling:

If ye find that the Bullock can toss you, or the heavy-browed Sambhur can gore;
Ye need not stop work to inform us; we knew it ten seasons before.

The whole unpleasantness could have been avoided if the bullshidoka had paused to read our board for a while to find out what we are talking about, etc. Or, of course, if they had adopted the polite and humble-hearted policy of minding their own business. The lesson I draw from this little episode is that the people over on the bullshido board are lacking wu de, but that doesn't bother them in the least, because they do not know what it is! -shrug-
klonk
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That