Challenge Match

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Challenge Match

Postby bruce on Fri May 23, 2008 1:37 pm

CaliG wrote:
bruce wrote:
bruce wrote:to avoid confussion i think there are only 2 people who should talk about this, moashan and the goat. if they want to fight cool if not cool.

again read above.

An "I told you so" post?

Come on Bruce, stop busting balls. :P

Aren't you busy enough with the 5 page thread on crossing your ankles. ;)

Good times with that one. ;D

wink wink lol.
Last edited by bruce on Fri May 23, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri May 23, 2008 1:39 pm

First Meynard, now this!? ;D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri May 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Glad to hear your fortunes are going well, Novell.

We shouldn't any of us hate on the success of one of our own.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Fri May 23, 2008 2:40 pm

true dat.
rock on, novell. I hope to see your movie soon! :)
nianfong
Administrator

Postby dragontigerpalm on Fri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Dmitri wrote:Good post. 8-)

Ditto.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Y. Aksijaha on Fri May 23, 2008 5:27 pm

BLACKTAOIST wrote:As for Brian Phillips I don’t hate him but he has some serious psychological problems.
He is still writing outrageous e-mails, copying files and quotes and slandering and criticizing me to no avail. All his hate and envy hasn’t affected me or my business in anyway. In fact it has actually helped. I guess he’ll have a heart attack when he sees me in an upcoming movie.

If I’ve offended Mr. Phillips to this extent I apologize and ask his forgiveness so he can move on with his life. If it keeps up I plan to take legal action against him. I have enough information in harassing e-mails and pirated you tube footage and letters from the moderators. It’s all about me just finding the free time to pursue this matter.

I’m here to settle old grudges. I apologize as a man. Being I can’t get into his site Emptyflower.net I am sure he will read this post. .

Novell,

Bro.. I'm cool. But dude.. understand.. I've nothing to do with
Nick the Goat or the abg.com jokers or whatever.
I'm not "marshalling the forces of evil" against you. Good
luck with your movies and whatnot.. hope that
pays and you have some fat cashflow from it.

Later
Brian

Additionally Mo hasn't an account over here and wanted me to post this for him...

"Mr. Bell, I am not sure why my name ever came into this. I cannot think of anything that remotely counts as any important issue I might ever have had with you, other than a very entertaining debate we had about who's butt was protruding in a horse stance. I want to assure you, that has not been the guiding bitter light of my life these latest years. I hope both of our horse stances and your ass, are a lot nicer the next time I have to pay that much attention to it. Can't think what else you might have been thinking of, so it can't have been earth shattering. Good luck with your gig.

Mo "
Y. Aksijaha
Santi

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri May 23, 2008 5:51 pm

BT with class! Respect.
Chris Fleming

Postby CaliG on Fri May 23, 2008 11:50 pm

As Tito Ortiz says, "Prepare for the worst and the best will always happen."

Good post BT.

That's what I like to hear and that's why I was so surprised to hear about a gongfu vs. MMA thing. (Although now I realize I wasn't getting the complete picture.)

I completely agree about what you were saying about bagua's evolution. At once time IMAs were big on weapons, then emptyhands and now...well that's up to this generation of IMA players.

I'm not saying we should change the tradition but it should be real to our bodies and what better way to do that then to get out there and try your stuff against people who play a whole different game?

If you live in the States then why not take advantage of some of the things available in the martial arts world here today?

For example is Dung Hai Quan were a young man in the States today I'm sure he'd start his mornings with a few rounds on the speed bag.

Now that's something I'd like to see on youtube. ;D
Last edited by CaliG on Sat May 24, 2008 11:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
CaliG

Postby CaliG on Fri May 23, 2008 11:56 pm

[/quote]wink wink lol.[/quote]

Right back at you big guy. ;)
CaliG

Postby Mut on Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 am

good to see some lovin coming through on the board!
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Sat May 24, 2008 5:43 am

I agree, great post.

Looks like high level attainment to me, mastery of the martial coupled with mastery of the spiritual.

I'll take the post on its face and hope for the best for all of BTs endeavors, both martial, familial and spiritual.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby count on Sat May 24, 2008 5:57 am

Hey Novell, long time. Great to hear about the projects your working on. Good luck with your new career as a movie star. 8-) Maybe you'll be up for an academy award someday and we can say we knew you when. -oldman-
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Yeah, don't be a stranger, BT. I love your work and would love to see more of it.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby bruce on Sat May 24, 2008 2:53 pm

CaliG wrote:
wink wink lol.[/quote]

Right back at you big guy. ;)[/quote]

i like to think i am 5'6" and 125lbs ... a little guy lol. :-)
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Bigcharlie on Tue May 27, 2008 3:45 am

“Now let's look at this for real, 99% of MMA guys can't throw a proper kick (Muay Thai, Kick Boxing), Actual Hand Skills (Boxing) range from mediocre to none existant.”

“No MMAer would survive an encounter against the basic technique of a properly trained practitioner.”

“What your calling MMA fight's are nothing more than tough man fight's.”

“I watched Spike last night and saw a dude Heel kick this guy 3x in the head clean to no avail. 1 of my kicks ( a Heel Kick) is going to crack your skull because I train that way ."

These are direct quotes by Maoshan from the BET website forums. A poster and Maoshan argued over this and the poster asked if Maoshan wanted him to post it on an mma website in which many fighters use. It was posted and Nick Thompson responded. From that point on Maoshan went back and forth on the issue trying to get out of it. He didn't have the money, which is fine, so Nick offered for him to fight one of his lesser known training partners from his gym for free with a bonus for winning (Maoshan loses = 0, Maoshan wins = $$) He offered to fly Maoshan to Wisconsin to fight in a no rules (yes, no rules matches can happen there as there is no sanctioning body or laws against it) fight to get this done. Maoshan claims he's got nothing to prove or apologize for and won't take the fight unless it in Central Park. Since MMA fighting is illegal in NY as well obviously street fighting it is not likely Thompson will be willing to jeopardize his career to fight a no name on the streets.

The truth of the matter is I have 0 respect for this man. He wants to gain favor in these other communities making himself out to be a victim. He 100% started the conflict and he knows it. Furthermore, he knows, as does any other reasonably intelligent person that Nick Thompson would walk through him in a matter of seconds. This is why he put out that ridiculous challenge. Maoshan thinks he's safe as long as Nick isn't dumb enough to have a street fight in central park.

By the way, can some one explain why no rules in the ring is different than in the park? When I said no rules I meant it. He can grab Nicks balls, poke him in the eye, stomp his head on the ground ect.

Maoshan you aren't the victim. You said what you said and pushed it as hard as you could till fighting the goat became to close a reality. Like I said before though there are many other mma guys who issued you challenges privately and you denied them all. Should I post them on here as I have contact to most of them? You haven't fooled anyone. You ran your mouth, you were answered, and in the end you couldn't man up. These are facts. You are a joke.
Last edited by Bigcharlie on Tue May 27, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigcharlie
Santi

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That