The Economy: Jokes Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The Economy: Jokes Only Please

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 am

Last edited by gzregorz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Yieldingxxx, Gzregorz, some of your recent contributions have little or no discernible economy tie-in, or are not funny, or both. This thread is for humor about the economy. Candidates and parties are obviously fair game, but the gag should have something to do with the economic situation. The thread has been going strong, on that basis, since 2008. Please do not derail what has so far been an outstanding thread. Thanks.

George Will wrote:"People only insist that a debate stop when they are afraid of what might be learned if it continues."
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:24 pm

klonk wrote:Yieldingxxx, Gzregorz, some of your recent contributions have little or no discernible economy tie-in, or are not funny, or both. This thread is for humor about the economy. Candidates and parties are obviously fair game, but the gag should have something to do with the economic situation. The thread has been going strong, on that basis, since 2008. Please do not derail what has so far been an outstanding thread. Thanks.

George Will wrote:"People only insist that a debate stop when they are afraid of what might be learned if it continues."

i'd actually defend yieldingxxx, and gzregorz, in regard to precisely what you mention.

i may have missed some things. but i'd say they are speaking to the present situation.

re: george will's quotation. it's a good quotation. let's let the debate continue. ;)
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 pm

klonk wrote:Yieldingxxx, Gzregorz, some of your recent contributions have little or no discernible economy tie-in, or are not funny, or both. This thread is for humor about the economy. Candidates and parties are obviously fair game, but the gag should have something to do with the economic situation. The thread has been going strong, on that basis, since 2008. Please do not derail what has so far been an outstanding thread. Thanks.

What kind of Commie state are you running here? That's not in the Constitution!

So this is an economic joke?

klonk wrote:Image

Klonk please! This is just politics as usual coming from you.

What hunger, war debt and the price of gas aren't all part of what's happening with this economy?

Also if this slight offended anyone, you guys are too serious for political satire anyway. I argue politics but I can still have a laugh over it too.

Think Andy Kaufman.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm just saying this: If you take a piss in the well, don't complain about the tea. (Old Chinese saying.)
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 pm

;)

Couldn't resist. Also you proved my point.

Lighten up bro, it's the pit and if we can't have fun on a jokes thread then what's the point?
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:27 am, edited 9 times in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

gzregorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 am

*Sigh*

klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:06 am

Last edited by klonk on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 pm

klonk wrote:*Sigh*

Nice try. ;)

gzregorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:19 pm

gzregorz wrote:
klonk wrote:*Sigh*

Nice try. ;)

G., old chum, perhaps you can see why the following image is off topic. ;D It isn't about the economy and it really isn't funny: It's just a cheap shot.

Best wishes,

Klonk
klonk
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Nice comeback!

But Bush got us into this mess old buddy.

And what's up with presidents and phones!
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 am

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:52 am

klonk
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That