All down hill from here: BJJ in China

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: All down hill from here: BJJ in China

Postby Bodywork on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Internal skills work just as well on the ground as they do in stand up. We just need to stop looking at internal strength and power as a set of defined wazas and pay attention to the strengths it imparts in the body. The single best inflence BJJ can have is another means to test yourself.
Bodywork

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:37 am

Bodywork wrote:The single best inflence BJJ can have is another means to test yourself.

I'm having a helluva lot of fun working with that. ;)

(BTW Dan, I finally got a different job, so unfortunately chances of me ever getting to Boston area to roll with ya are now slim-to-none... :'( :'( I do hope that karma will somehow find a way, but hey, at least it was awesome while it lasted. Thanks again for your hospitality and everything. 8-))
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby WVMark on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Dmitri wrote:
Bodywork wrote:The single best inflence BJJ can have is another means to test yourself.

I'm having a helluva lot of fun working with that. ;)

(BTW Dan, I finally got a different job, so unfortunately chances of me ever getting to Boston area to roll with ya are now slim-to-none... :'( :'( I do hope that karma will somehow find a way, but hey, at least it was awesome while it lasted. Thanks again for your hospitality and everything. 8-))

If you're in the Atlanta area, work might be sending me down that way next year. Plus, Blade Show is in Atlanta and I might drop down there for that. If you want to get together if I make it, just let me know. I'm definitely not Dan, but I'm working on the same stuff. :)
WVMark
Huajing

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Cool. I am, and I'm always happy to connect with new people, -- especially those who are practicing similar stuff...

Just PM me when you're planning to come by and we'll work out the details.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That