Let's start a new shaolin temple!

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Let's start a new shaolin temple!

Postby origami_itto on Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:40 am

Appledog wrote:
Bao wrote:1 there’s only one Shaolin temple, the rest are fake and not acknowledged by the real Shaolin Si.

2 all what is taught in and around the modern Shaolin temple is modern wushu.

Okay fine. Let's start a new Jingwu! Or, let's start a new Nanjing Central Martial Arts Institute! Let's do something real.

If you got the guts :)

Alright, I build it, you come out to attend or teach a workshop.

Deal?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:16 am

origami_itto wrote:
Appledog wrote:
Bao wrote:1 there’s only one Shaolin temple, the rest are fake and not acknowledged by the real Shaolin Si.

Okay fine. Let's start a new Jingwu! Or, let's start a new Nanjing Central Martial Arts Institute! Let's do something real.

If you got the guts :)

Alright, I build it, you come out to attend or teach a workshop.

Deal?

We're going to need to incorporate and assign shares. I suggest one share at par value $1, and we issue shares initially based on the amount of money people put into the organization. If you build something you could be assigned shares at assessed value. Class A shares don't get assigned for any other reason. That settles ownership. As for board of directors, yeah both of us would be on it, once things get rolling it will be a little easier to get more people involved, but it will be the usual round of Canadian and US suspects. I don't know US laws re: taxes, so I suggest a Canadian entity for tax purposes.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:42 pm

wasn't/isnt' there a shaolin temple'ish thing down in skane(south sweden). a polish qi-gong guy who had/has some contact with the real shaolin temple built and runs it - ”Yang-torp” or something as that it is called ?
Trick
Huajing

Postby Bao on Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:58 am

origami_itto wrote:Alright, I build it, you come out to attend or teach a workshop.

Deal?

"You" in singular or plural? I can definitely hold a workshop. I'll throw out "inner door secrets" out in the open, don't you worry.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:02 am

Trick wrote:

wasn't/isnt' there a shaolin temple'ish thing down in skane(south sweden). a polish qi-gong guy who had/has some contact with the real shaolin temple built and runs it - ”Yang-torp” or something as that it is called ?

There are schools calling themselves "Shaolin" all over the world. There is still only one (1) Shaolin si.

And the "real" temple is still built recently and have very little to do with the original Shaolin. In the 1960s they still didn't know the exact place of the old temple. It was completely gone, everything.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:12 am

Bao wrote:
origami_itto wrote:Alright, I build it, you come out to attend or teach a workshop.

Deal?

"You" in singular or plural? I can definitely hold a workshop. I'll throw out "inner door secrets" out in the open, don't you worry.

Open invitation for RSFers.

Not promising anybody will pay for your patter, but you can have a place to hock it for a weekend
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:58 pm

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:

There are schools calling themselves "Shaolin" all over the world. There is still only one (1) Shaolin si.

And the "real" temple is still built recently and have very little to do with the original Shaolin. In the 1960s they still didn't know the exact place of the old temple. It was completely gone, everything.

here's the ”temple” https://www.yangtorp.com/shaolinkungfu
the guy that started it was active in malmo back when i still lived there, he had som shaolin monks from china teaching at his place for a time.
I thought you knew about that place since there was quite a hype about it, with the rich and famous of sweden sponsoring it.

about the original shaolin, we all know it was destroyed a couple of time, but back when japan was occupying china Doshin-So the founder of japanese Shorinji-Kempo visited the temple(that was somewhat in ruins)and learned from one of the remsning monks whom according to Wang Xiangzhai also who also visited the temple around the time didn't possesed any real gongfu but only som rudimentary moves.
Doshin-So also claimed to have drawn inspiration from the temples murals to form his shorinji-kempo style.

so the temple ground with some building.still intact with monks around seem to have been there in the 1940's
Last edited by Trick on Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trick
Huajing

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:59 am

Trick wrote:about the original shaolin, we all know it was destroyed a couple of time, but back when japan was occupying china Doshin-So the founder of japanese Shorinji-Kempo visited the temple(that was somewhat in ruins)and learned from one of the remsning monks whom according to Wang Xiangzhai also who also visited the temple around the time didn't possesed any real gongfu but only som rudimentary moves.
Doshin-So also claimed to have drawn inspiration from the temples murals to form his shorinji-kempo style.

so the temple ground with some building.still intact with monks around seem to have been there in the 1940's

The temple was destroyed in 1928. There were no monks left. There was a civil war going on. Doshin-So, or Michiomi Nakano, was stationed in Manchuria. I don't believe that he would go straight into a warzone. The whole story is fishy, doesn't make sense.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:22 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:about the original shaolin, we all know it was destroyed a couple of time, but back when japan was occupying china Doshin-So the founder of japanese Shorinji-Kempo visited the temple(that was somewhat in ruins)and learned from one of the remsning monks whom according to Wang Xiangzhai also who also visited the temple around the time didn't possesed any real gongfu but only som rudimentary moves.

The temple was destroyed in 1928. There were no monks left. There was a civil war going on. Doshin-So, or Michiomi Nakano, was stationed in Manchuria. I don't believe that he would go straight into a warzone. The whole story is fishy, doesn't make sense.

yes however there are some correlations between Doshin-so's.and Wang Xiangzhai's Shaolin visits - for example they mention the same name of the monk each of them met, and Wang mention that the monk only knew about 2 excersises of the xinyiba method, interestingly the two core methods in shorinji kempo shows quite similar to two xingyiba methods.
But the name DS call the gongfu he learned is ”giwamonken” which seemingly does not correlate to xinyiba.

doshin so is said to hav been fluent in Chinese and traveled inland under guise as a buddhist monk.
Actually during that time the Japanese so called ”black dragon society” out of Manchuria supposedly had many agents in the interiors of China, they also operated in the USA and Europe as among things to collect funds for their aganda to keep Russia unstable......Interestlingly one such agent worked out of Stockholm .
Trick
Huajing

Postby Bob on Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:22 am

Bob
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That