using an jin to seal an opponents root?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: using an jin to seal an opponents root?

Postby klonk on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 am

Somewhere the conversation changed. People are no longer talking about sticking your feet to the floor with magic mojo, but saying something more like, ya know, an jin is useful! And the better you can do it, the more useful it is!

Wow. Who'd a thunk it! Big props to people for bringing that to the attention of CIMA folks. :)
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: using an jin to seal an opponents root?

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:53 am

klonk wrote:Somewhere the conversation changed. People are no longer talking about sticking your feet to the floor with magic mojo, but saying something more like, ya know, an jin is useful! And the better you can do it, the more useful it is!

Wow. Who'd a thunk it! Big props to people for bringing that to the attention of CIMA folks. :)

klonk:

Just keepin' it real, man! :)

If you have something relevant to add that we haven't covered already, I'd love to see it. ;)

Doc
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That