The difference between internal and external... now you know

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The difference between internal and external... now you know

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm

I wish someone would pay me to prove I can fight...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Ok so he'll probably just come on here again dodging the question or coming up with something equally evasive as the last one. Ivory tower big talkers are just that.
Chris Fleming

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Basically Wan, the contention is simply that you are a "mouth-boxer" who talks alot of strangeness, but doesn't have any real ability. At least that's my understanding of it...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby yogameditation on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:Ah. The profit driven "master". You expect me to pay you to prove that you can actually fight with your MA skills? What's wrong? Are You Scare?

Did i say money? Anyone? Anyone? All I want is an intelligent exchange. Chi must flow to be chi. An exchange must occur for there to be flow. I want to pour water into a bucket that will later quench my thirst. I want to build a seat that will later support my weary body. Offer me a bucket. Offer me a seat at your table, I will pour your water. I will build your seat.
yogameditation
Santi

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

yogameditation wrote:
Chris Fleming wrote:Ah. The profit driven "master". You expect me to pay you to prove that you can actually fight with your MA skills? What's wrong? Are You Scare?

Did i say money? Anyone? Anyone? All I want is an intelligent exchange. Chi must flow to be chi. An exchange must occur for there to be flow. I want to pour water into a bucket that will later quench my thirst. I want to build a seat that will later support my weary body. Offer me a bucket. Offer me a seat at your table, I will pour your water. I will build your seat.

Whiskey.

Tango.

Foxtrot.

Well, at least this kind of nonsense is what we can expect from you.

You want an exchange?

legendsofkungfu.com

They'll have san shou.
Chris Fleming

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Wan... you sound like a fortune cookie. Or maybe like you're trying too hard to be Master Po from the Kung Fu TV series...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby yogameditation on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:55 pm

ok... I'll check back in a few days... when someone who understands the process of exchange offers me something worth more than my time. Atleast the guys at bullshido had intelligent arguements.
yogameditation
Santi

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Heh, heh. Bye now...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:57 pm

He scares too easily. No fun...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:00 pm

instead of challenging someone to a fight or saying the need to show you a video of their martial skills why not engage them in debate or conversation point by point with the problems some have expressed with the guys comments and youtube videos.

if "you" make challenges "you" should be able and willing to back it up and show what "you" "have" and "do" too.

i guess what i am saying is debate with the guy he will sink or swim on his own. we the members of this forum in my opinion should always remain civil.
bruce
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Or heck, at least offer to fight him yourself. I wanna see a challenge match... ;D
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 pm

cerebus wrote:Or heck, at least offer to fight him yourself. I wanna see a challenge match... ;D

must video and put on youtube lol
bruce
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:11 pm

bruce wrote:
cerebus wrote:Or heck, at least offer to fight him yourself. I wanna see a challenge match... ;D

must video and put on youtube lol

This goes without saying... ;)
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Does this guy have a website? With the right spin, he could be the next "Sifu Z".............
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 pm

bruce wrote:instead of challenging someone to a fight or saying the need to show you a video of their martial skills why not engage them in debate or conversation point by point with the problems some have expressed with the guys comments and youtube videos.

if "you" make challenges "you" should be able and willing to back it up and show what "you" "have" and "do" too.

i guess what i am saying is debate with the guy he will sink or swim on his own. we the members of this forum in my opinion should always remain civil.

I think it may be different if someone is teaching people. It is one thing to say ''The CHI flows with the force of over 9000+ lb's, and thus is superior to a boxer's punch!'', but it is another when they are teaching this to people who potentially wish to train for self defense, martial skill and everything in between.

No need to make him another Sifu Z though, but asking simply to see what he has got, considering he himself posts his videos and addresses the public, isn't anything new. Making big claims often leads to more than one person calling the bluff; some people flourish and can show it without attitude, and others get defensive or talk more game and never try to prove it.

But hell.. having been over at Bushido I'm sure he has had his fair share of ''put up or stfu!''. So I doubt us going any further with a discussion would get to any destination that would satisfy people on this thread.

Hopefully in the end people learning from him have good enough sense about certain things.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That