The difference between internal and external... now you know

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The difference between internal and external... now you know

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:05 am

Strange wrote:do not pm me, i'll ban you

For me, that's the "RSF quote of 2009" (tm) so far....
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:43 am

Only just seen this - At one point I starting giggling at my desk till tea dribbled out my nose! I gotta get one of them white dresses with wrist bells for hsing i...
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Felipe Bidó on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 am

Dmitri wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:Thanks for accepting my invitation to RSF

Expect some 'thank you' flowers from Felipe for this, Doc. He is so his type! ;D

Ah, nah...lol.

I hate 'holier-than-thou' types, or the ones that come here to 'teach us'. This guy...I don't know what to think about him...lol

... the 8 of spades and the 5 and 6 of clubs are really missing from his deck.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Bär on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:06 am

SpongeBob: But sir, she snuck up on me... in my own dojo.
Mr. Krabs: Are you on some new allergy medication, boy?
SpongeBob: No, sir. Just practicing my karate, sir. Or kare-ah-tay, as some like to call it.
Mr. Krabs: Kare-ah-tay? You should be making me money-ay! With your spatu-lay!
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:19 am

lol. I totally trashed his concept and he deleted my comment and I was nice about it. no swearing, just a simple 4 or 5 line comment on why his theory is egregious.

anyway, I've spent enough time on him. lol
I love it when some dude, still shitting yellow, comes out wearing a robe and telling people what's what.

fuckin retard.

:p
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Darth,
He removed my comment to. I gave him a very detailed reason why his shit is wrong, so much so, I had to change things a hair so I'd keep the charachter count down.
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Why don't you post it here, guys ? I'ld be interested to read it.
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:00 pm

I quite like him - he's entertaining ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:19 pm

I don't know, I call unnecessary roughness on the whole thing. You gotta admit, at least the guy was cool enough to come here to explain himself. Sure he's a bit misguided, but nevertheless he seemed very cordial, and even open to new ideas and ways of doing things. In fact, he was right at the point where he could have been brought around, but you guys chased him away with all the jibes and talking about making him the next Zarcoff and shit. ;D

I think he probably would have shared his stuff if the atmosphere had been a bit more supportive than derisive. We would have had a new poster, and the fighting fairies would have had a new tinkerbell to indoctrinate with their special brand of Bay Area love.

Somewhere in this thread is a simple lesson about honey and vinegar.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:21 pm

They make a terrible douche?
Bär
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:25 pm

;D
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 pm

bruce wrote:instead of challenging someone to a fight or saying the need to show you a video of their martial skills why not engage them in debate or conversation point by point with the problems some have expressed with the guys comments and youtube videos.

if "you" make challenges "you" should be able and willing to back it up and show what "you" "have" and "do" too.

i guess what i am saying is debate with the guy he will sink or swim on his own. we the members of this forum in my opinion should always remain civil.

Actually I did not personally challenge him to fight. I don't know the guy and we all know how those internet challenges go, i.e., they don't. There's nothing to discuss with him. He claims to be an expert, and when asked to show his expertise in a real format, he runs and hides and talks about getting something in return (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean). Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who talks about a fighting art and claims to be a teacher of a fighting art should be able to SHOW some skills, not just TALK all damn day about them in the ivory tower.

Funny how the internal arts can produce so much passive-aggressive responses in so called experts!
Chris Fleming

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:
bruce wrote:instead of challenging someone to a fight or saying the need to show you a video of their martial skills why not engage them in debate or conversation point by point with the problems some have expressed with the guys comments and youtube videos.

if "you" make challenges "you" should be able and willing to back it up and show what "you" "have" and "do" too.

i guess what i am saying is debate with the guy he will sink or swim on his own. we the members of this forum in my opinion should always remain civil.

Actually I did not personally challenge him to fight. I don't know the guy and we all know how those internet challenges go, i.e., they don't. There's nothing to discuss with him. He claims to be an expert, and when asked to show his expertise in a real format, he runs and hides and talks about getting something in return (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean). Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who talks about a fighting art and claims to be a teacher of a fighting art should be able to SHOW some skills, not just TALK all damn day about them in the ivory tower.

Funny how the internal arts can produce so much passive-aggressive responses in so called experts!

any point of contention on any subject will yield passive aggressive behaviours...or at least words in posts.

the guy is wrong because mass x acceleration = force. period.

he was convoluting that simple truth and mangling it into nothingness.

I think there may be a few "issues" at play. I mean come on, what's up with the robes? lol yeesh.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:31 pm

cerebus wrote:Heh, heh. I asked him who his teachers are and how long he has studied. He said he hasn't studied any martial arts, then banned me! ;D :D :D

Whoa I missed this the first time I checked this thread today. :o ;D :o ;D

And there you have it. Case closed?
Chris Fleming

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:06 pm

It seems as if Wan may very well march to the beat of a distant drummer, and certainly a different one than most guys here do, but I also think there's a good chance that he's a 'character actor' who portrays a role that is apparently marketable to a certain crowd. That's his niche, and he appears to be successfully meeting the demand. It's probably not a gig that appeals to most RSF memebers, if any, but what the hell.... "different strokes for different folks". It's what makes the world an interesting place. :)

Given a less hostile reception here, and a fair opportunity to engage in a more open dialogue, I believe the exchange could potentially be quite interesting, and perhaps of benefit to everyone. However, this could only happen, IMO, if Wan is willing to drop the dramatic professional persona of his website, and communicate as just another guy on the forum like everyone else does...well, almost everyone else! ;D

Just my opinion. ;)

Doc
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That