test no topic

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: test no topic

Postby Strange on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:52 pm

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:41 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:39 am

marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bao on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 am

Why I don't trust women....

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:29 pm

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Baguaplayer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Hey quick question and I hope I am asking this on this thread:

A few (?) years ago someone posted a whole list of things permissible in bilblical time (like prostituting out your widowed sister) that would fall under scrutiny today.

Anyone remember this or know how I can search it?

Thanks!
Baguaplayer
Great Old One

Postby PatrickH on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Can’t remember exactly where I clipped this from, but there was a similar list from Martin Sheen’s character in the West Wing:

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours.They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? Lev. 20:14)
How do you answer my queries?
PatrickH
Santi

Postby Steve James on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:45 pm

It's like the irony of a guy with a tattoo pointing out that homosexuality was a sin, while not realizing that tattoos were also against the law. But, the question of which laws to follow from the Old Testament was answered in the NT.

Matthew 22:36-40 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

36 “Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus answered: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.
38 This is the first and most important commandment.
39 The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, “Love others as much as you love yourself.”
40 All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets[a] are based on these two commandments.

Well, some would say that his point was that people who claimed to follow "the law" only followed the ones they liked. That is clearly human nature. People who argue differently are crucified.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:56 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:26 am

jimmy
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:52 pm

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 pm

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Bill on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Last edited by Bill on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That