test no topic

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: test no topic

Postby Dr.Rob on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 am

Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwx5XNhv4dM

Horse: 1, stupid violent asshole of a pitbull: 0

I used to not think about it much in the past, but have watched enough videos now to conclude that this fucking mistake of a breed needs to disappear from the face of this planet.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Dmitri wrote:I used to not think about it much in the past, but have watched enough videos now to conclude that this fucking mistake of a breed needs to disappear from the face of this planet.

That's because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Dogs are dogs. Pit bulls have to be trained to be aggressive, and you can do the same with a chihuahua or a poodle.

That said, there are too many people who breed and train "pit bulls" to fight. They're the "animals." And because of them, it's prudent not to consider any pit bull to be safe. The owner might not be trustworthy or actually in control.

It's a bit like the gun argument. Too many fearful or aggressive individuals choose pit bulls precisely because of their bad reputation. Then they find they've created a monster.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:39 pm

That's not entirely accurate, in that different breeds will have different levels of innate aggression. Pit bulls as a breed have a tendency to be more animal aggressive, but a dog that's bred to the standard should be amazingly tolerant of humans, including children and adults who may be abusive.

That said, they are powerful and energetic dogs, much like any other working breed. I agree absolutely that a dog is a dog is an animal, and it's the owner's responsibility to know what they're getting into and to train appropriately. Unlike humans, dogs have no capacity for right or wrong, and are entirely dependent on their owners for their well being and behavior.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:06 pm

I think when people complain about the breed they are pointing to attacks on humans. To your point, all dogs can be trained to be human tolerant. The question is why pits are responsible for so many attacks.

Of course you're right that different breeds have different innate aggression levels. Then again, there are several breeds --like Danes and St. Bernards-- that have had aggression selectively bred out.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:35 pm

When pit bulls were developed they were specifically bred not to *ever* bite a human. Any dog that showed even the slightest aggression towards humans was not bred, the reason being that dog handlers would wash one another's dogs prior to fighting them and also so that they could separate dogs that were on the fight and possibly in a lot of pain without danger to the owners.

It's likely that asshole humans have bred human aggression back into some pit bulls, but it's not generally true of the breed. It's also generally true that any dog with short hair and an even somewhat muscular build is portrayed as a "pit bull" in the media if an attack is involved. Since most people get a majority of their cultural education via mass media, it's likely that any one of a number of breeds of dogs that bite humans would be reported as a "pit bull". Popular perception also comes into play when fucktards are looking for a tough dog they can make mean-- it's likely they will choose a pit bull or rottweiler because those are some of the strongest and toughest looking dogs. On a per capita basis, little dogs are a lot meaner, but of course you'd have to be both really stupid and really patient to be mortally wounded by a chihuahua.

Getting back to the topic....

--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:09 am

Bhassler wrote:
Dmitri wrote:I used to not think about it much in the past, but have watched enough videos now to conclude that this fucking mistake of a breed needs to disappear from the face of this planet.

That's because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yeah, sure...

"Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982"

It is THE most dangerous dog statistically, because it was specifically bred to fight, just like some others were bred to hunt, or herd, or look ridiculous for dog shows. Unless you advocate that the fighting itself should be made legal again, you have logically a very weak argument.

There is a HUGE gap statistically between how dangerous they are vs ANY other breed:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/ ... tml#slide1

I love dogs, and yes, ultimately humans are the ones responsible for this particular insanity (more so the original breeders/creators, less so current owners).

Steve's comparison with guns is a very good one. I wish guns were never invented, but they're here to stay for better or for worse. But this problem is much easier fixed than the one with guns IMO, given their small percentage and ease of the solution. It's a sad mistake, and it needs to be fixed. Just stop breeding them; plenty other, FAR less-dangerous (and just as strong) breeds out there to have as pets. Let the existing ones live out their days in peace, but no more cute puppies with those fucked up genes.

Sorry for topicness, I had to respond since it was my original post. Over and out.

Where were we...

Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:15 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:56 am

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Dr.Rob
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That