test no topic

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: test no topic

Postby Michael on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:31 am

Mainland Chinese girl who first got out of car was not killed, but apparently her mom got out to help her and did not survive.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:18 am

Michael wrote:

Mainland Chinese girl who first got out of car was not killed, but apparently her mom got out to help her and did not survive.

I can't understand why anyone would get out in the first place. Opening the window would be stupid too, but getting out. Maybe the girl was impaired in some way. I'd bet that something like that is the reason.

Then again, the rapper Kasper Knight apparently deliberately shot himself in the face and posted it on Facebook.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:39 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:47 am

I'm not surprised those people decided to do a Chinese fire drill (which is what we used to call it) in the middle of a wild animal park. The same thing happened around Guangzhou, a man decided to get out his car to take a leak at an unknown zoo and got eaten alive by a tiger, then the zoo became famous and the business took off.

Over here I notice people have the habit of people pulling to the emergency lane on the freeway to look at their phone or some other little thing while traffic is flying by at 80 mph, I think lot of people don't think about safety.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Kettlebells4U on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Kettlebells4U
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:24 pm

grzegorz wrote:I'm not surprised those people decided to do a Chinese fire drill (which is what we used to call it) in the middle of a wild animal park. The same thing happened around Guangzhou, a man decided to get out his car to take a leak at an unknown zoo and got eaten alive by a tiger, then the zoo became famous and the business took off.

Over here I notice people have the habit of people pulling to the emergency lane on the freeway to look at their phone or some other little thing while traffic is flying by at 80 mph, I think lot of people don't think about safety.

They say speed differential causes accidents and, other than head-ons, being dead stopped next to 80 MPH traffic is potentially risky. Over here in Guangzhou, people constantly just stop their cars in the middle of the freeway or multi-lane road. Was riding my bicycle and changing lanes when I almost hit a car a few days ago because the woman just stopped it in the middle of a 5 lane road where traffic goes 40-50 MPH. It appeared she was rearranging some objects from the rear seat to the trunk to the front seat. Seemed to be enjoying herself. It's not like she's going to be crushed by a concrete truck at any moment.

Other people frequently come to a dead stop on freeways in order to have a lengthy palaver with their invisible friend about whether to veer left or veer right at the junction. That's the normal thing. The outrageous stuff is, well, all over youku and youtube and has NSFW gore tags.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Steve James wrote:Maybe the girl was impaired in some way. I'd bet that something like that is the reason.

Probably not impaired ;) :o
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Do I have to be the one to say this every time?

I blame Obama!

;D
Michael

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Steve James wrote:I can't understand why anyone would get out in the first place. Opening the window would be stupid too, but getting out. Maybe the girl was impaired in some way. I'd bet that something like that is the reason.

They were having an argument so the girl got out of the car. Johnny Manziel was not there to save the day.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:49 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by jimmy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Taste of Death wrote:
Steve James wrote:I can't understand why anyone would get out in the first place. Opening the window would be stupid too, but getting out. Maybe the girl was impaired in some way. I'd bet that something like that is the reason.

They were having an argument so the girl got out of the car. Johnny Manziel was not there to save the day.

I was thinking more along the lines of autism, and that the girl saw the tiger and jumped out before anyone could stop her. Otoh, it could also be a terrible lack of situational awareness.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:42 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jimmy
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:15 am

@Michael, Yeah, I always assumed that the other drivers over there were ready for these things which is why people did them until I saw this which appeared here years ago of a bus driver trying to back up a bus full of passengers to get to an exit he passed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldfgEJpIgKM

Made me realize nope, accidents happen all the time even when people already know that each and every driver out there is completely unpredictable.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:57 am

Made me realize nope, accidents happen all the time even when people already know that each and every driver out there is completely unpredictable.

I was going to say something completely different, until I recalled driving down a nearly empty 2nd Avenue and having a guy just drive into the side of my bus. No way to defend.

Some moves, like backing up on a highway with passengers, are just tragedies waiting to happen. (Btw, I did miss an exit one rush hour morning. I was supposed to take the exit to Manhattan, but instead had to go to Queens. The passengers were not amused :)).
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That