Chen Yuen San Retreat

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Chen Yuen San Retreat

Postby alexsuffolk on Fri May 15, 2009 8:14 am

'
Last edited by alexsuffolk on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexsuffolk

Postby canard on Fri May 15, 2009 8:38 am

alexsuffolk wrote:Good points GrahamB, and what he continuously taught - 'Make your mind soft...'

......mind like meatloaf :)
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Fri May 15, 2009 8:44 am

I did consider posting some of the 'subtle' work...but Shrfu Chen was next to me and said 'They will just say its fake!' .....

who cares ... honestly!! ;) master chen has nothing to prove here and it will be interesting for those of us that have faith in what we have heard from trusted sources. Post it anyway! :D

all the best

Chris
Last edited by middleway on Fri May 15, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby mat-g on Fri May 15, 2009 8:56 am

mrtoes wrote:Hey Mat, I knew it was intended for the groin but I take it that he hit you close but to the inside of the leg so that you would not have to go to hospital? Mate if that blow actually caught you in the nads then... Ow :o Sounded deep and heavy, I would imagine it would send your vitals up into your eyesockets!

yeah i think i sounded worse than it was, just enough to take the fight out of you. master chen was a nice guy and wasn't out to hurt anyone. it was like he would give you just enough pain to let you know what he was doing would work
mat-g
Santi

Postby mat-g on Fri May 15, 2009 9:00 am

yusuf wrote:
mat-g wrote:
mrtoes wrote:Thanks for posting the links Alex, I enjoyed those. That hard slap to the chaps leg in the first video and the light one to the elbow in the second looked pretty nasty! Seemed to come from nowhere.

hi mrtoes. im the guy in the first clip and that was a slap to the groin not the legs :-X. i think that went on for about 15-20 minutes, like alex said that was quite tame compared to some of the more nasty stuff :o

meh groin shots.. you need to htfu :P ;D

yeah i know. that's what my teacher's always telling me :'( ;D
mat-g
Santi

Postby alexsuffolk on Fri May 15, 2009 9:44 am

Last edited by alexsuffolk on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexsuffolk

Postby mrtoes on Fri May 15, 2009 10:00 am

Cool :)
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby ShortFormMike on Fri May 15, 2009 7:41 pm

middleway wrote:what are you expecting to see? These skills need to be felt IMO. One punch can look very much like any other in a video ... but what is felt can be Vastly different.

chris

to put it simply, what they described in their posts reminded me of what i've seen of ma yueliang on youtube. i guess that's what i was expecting. i don't claim to be an expert but i think i can tell when that stuff is real or fake most of the time. i agree w/ everyone here: POST EVERYTHING. even if i think it's fake, i would not say anything.
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Postby ors on Sat May 16, 2009 7:40 am

Dear Alex!

The clips were good, but haven't add any new view to master Chen's style to me. The clips what are in his blogs are given the same feelings to me. What I like much, not to get this as a critique please! Just wanted to say, that there are any "fake" video, please don't hesitate to show us them as well! My own teacher's apps looks like fake to an untrained eye too... ;)
I would like to ask that what kind of applications are there on the DVD set? Are there "fake kind" as well?

Cheers!

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby alexsuffolk on Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 am

Last edited by alexsuffolk on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexsuffolk

Postby ors on Sat May 16, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks Alex!

I think what you have called "lingkongjinish" would be interesting enough to me! :)
You have mentioned that what I can see in his movements (the "white crane feeling") will be explained, but not the way I think... I would be happy to hear something about this as well...

Thanks a lot for your time and effort!

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby alexsuffolk on Sat May 16, 2009 9:36 am

Last edited by alexsuffolk on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexsuffolk

Postby alexsuffolk on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Please note the films of Mr Chen are no longer available.

Also for all those who asked me, no i dont teach his Taijiquan method.

There are probably others on this site who organise his future teachings and maybe teach one day.
alexsuffolk

Postby Andy_S on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:39 pm

What's going on? Disappearing vid clips? And now Alex doesn't teach Chen's stuff? I could have sworn that someone here said he did...

I recall a couple of years back, a certain master who frequents this forum put up a clip of one of the Hong Kong Yangs doing a Taiji form (Crivens! Can you imagine the intense excitement?) and then having to take it down again after one of said Yang's distant descendents screamed and yelled blue bloody murder: Said clip was filmed by the Yang as part of an application process to teach the president of Taiwan, goddammit and as such, said high-level Taiji was only for the privilaged eyes of those who were "inside the door." The master obligingly removed the clip, but by then - oh no! - it had already spread web-wide and the er, secrets were out!

The funny thing was, there was nothing terribly impressive or unusual about the form - unless, perhaps, there were a couple of 'coded' idiosyncracies hidden in there that are only shown to disciples, and those who don't have 'em don't have the "real deal."

Anyway....there are some "esoteric warriors" hereabouts, that's for damned sure.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Second the what's going on? I was looking forward to the additional clips. Ah well...
AllanF

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That