Chen Yuen San Retreat

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Chen Yuen San Retreat

Postby dragontigerpalm on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Twilight zone
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:49 pm

SNIP
A choice was made. Alex acted in accordance with that choice. It's really his private business. Curious folks always have the option of PM or e-mail.
SNIP

Of course, this may well be Alex's personal business, but he also has the choice of simply being open and transparent and informing the community of what on earth this is all about...ideally on a tailored thread on a martial arts board for martial arts enthusiasts that is dedicated to this very topic. (Yes, you are reading it right: I mean this one.)

With all due respect to all posters:
This is Chinese martial arts we are talking about, not nuclear defense policy, a murder investigation or international espionage.*

Let's keep things in perspective and get a grip.

*Or am I missing something....?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby alexsuffolk on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:05 am

No big deal. We hosted Mr Chen for few weeks so he can meet good students here, which he has.

i decided to cut any link with him as student, and just continue on with the Neijia from my main teacher which i have been doing and teaching all these years.

Have i explained this clearly enough?
alexsuffolk

Postby Andy_S on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 am

Alex:

Well, considering that you were actively promoting him just a couple of weeks ago - on this very board/thread, with clips, testimonials a seminar et al - yet are now, very suddenly cutting all links with him and deleting previous posts, things are hardly clear. (The "duh" question is:"Why this very sudden change of heart?")

As Tom says, it is your business, but this whole board/thread is a public forum. Moreover, there is considerable respect for you as a practitioner/teacher, and considerable interest in Master Chen's method.

Given this, your explanation raises more questions than it answers. (Or at least it does from my perspective: I am sure there will be plenty who will chime in with, "Ah, but you don't understand the culture...")
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby alexsuffolk on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 am

Andy-

Its just that all these years, y'know, i thought i was a real internal boxer, working my root, softening my muscles, honing my intent...i thought i was some kind of internal boxer.....and now i discover actually i am a ....well gosh...how do i put it....damn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5XBIcZemSU

hope this helps Andy.

alex
alexsuffolk

Postby Andy_S on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 am

Whatever.

On the "I thought I was a....well...damn..." front - I'll raise you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pWd8iV4Rz0

Doesn''t get better than Smith and Cooke.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 am

..if you like the guys stuff and him, then go train with him.. if not then don;t..
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby gosao on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 am

??? so.... does this mean we can't haz master Chen DVD's no more? ???
gosao
Huajing

Postby yusuf on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

..i have a whole bunch of clips which a very kind person helped me get off my iphone :) ... If anyone is in touch with Mr Chen, please find out if he agrees, I will send them to anyone who is willing to host them..
Last edited by yusuf on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 am

Tom wrote:
Andy_S wrote:Of course, this may well be Alex's personal business, but he also has the choice of simply being open and transparent and informing the community of what on earth this is all about...ideally on a tailored thread on a martial arts board for martial arts enthusiasts that is dedicated to this very topic. (Yes, you are reading it right: I mean this one.)

And make your job as investigative journalist par excellence all that much easier? 8-)

Well now, you prompted Mr. Kozma to "come out," as they say. Your next assignment is Pyongyang, to talk with the younger Mr. Kim and get those journalists freed.

This thread has gone a bit weird :(
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby bigphatwong on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 am

williamwilson666 wrote:
This thread has gone a bit weird :(

That never happens around here.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby alexsuffolk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:26 am

Yeah must be the Suffolk water...i am sure i was never a lesbian when i lived in Thailand...
alexsuffolk

Postby Andy_S on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Personally, I have been a lesbian in a (rather buff, though I say it myself) man's body all these years.

If only I could afford the operation...you don't want to do these kinds of things on the cheap.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Birmingham on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:29 am

As someone who has been following the thread in the hope of another retreat, i'm a little disappointed, but thanks for getting it on here - even for short period it was, I feel happier in my tai chi for seeing an internal boxer of such standard, so thanks Alex.
Birmingham
Santi

Postby DuncanUS on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 am

Great to see the clips that are still up of Alex's Taiji master at the seminar. I just came across this thread.

Sad to see that other footage has gone and that Alex has now gone quiet on the teachings... but I have to say it is par for the course. :(

I attended a seminar with Alex and Chris in the UK a few years ago (Xingyi seminar) and it was great. But learning for Alex is very difficult. The man is a nomad! :) Getting to the UK from mainland Europe for that seminar was very expensive for me but I thought it was worth the money to meet Alex and establish a relationship. My hopes for learning from him evaporated, however, when he moved to Thailand and then stopped teaching publically.

I guess he's now back in the UK and living in Suffolk.

Chen Yuen San seems exceptional but I don't think people will get the chance to learn his material. His jibengong, which Alex feels is the key to CYS's skills, is only taught to those rare few... and Alex, it seems, is no longer teaching CYS's methods.

Ho-Hum. Learning quality internal, I am beginning to think, is impossible unless you are lucky enough to live close to a real master (if you can find them) and can convince them to teach you the real material.

In my own personal journey I have been lucky to find some quality Silat players and they are very open in what they teach. Sad to say, but I have given up trying to get quality Chinese internal material.

When you are lucky enough to find it.... people don't teach it. :(
DuncanUS
Santi

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That