Update

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Update

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 pm

bruce wrote:below is the thread from red leaves.

Thanks for the info Bruce; at least now everyone can see both sides of the story.

bruce wrote:...had to put up 40 bucks

I think you missed three zeros at the end there. :)
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Dmitri wrote:
bruce wrote:below is the thread from red leaves.

Thanks for the info Bruce; at least now everyone can see both sides of the story.

bruce wrote:...had to put up 40 bucks

I think you missed three zeros at the end there. :)

whooops! 40,000 bucks 40k $40,000.00 ...
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:51 pm

That is it? It's something THAT stupid?

I have been saying stuff like that for years, how come no one wants me to put up $40,000.00?

Personally I think that stipulation means he does not want to fight in the first place though. It's a diversionary tactic to force the opponent to back down, so you can claim victory without having to actualy put it on the line. In other words it's stupid posturing.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Royal Dragon wrote:That is it? It's something THAT stupid?

I have been saying stuff like that for years, how come no one wants me to put up $40,000.00?

Personally I think that stipulation means he does not want to fight in the first place though. It's a diversionary tactic to force the opponent to back down, so you can claim victory without having to actualy put it on the line. In other words it's stupid posturing.

i think it all stems from miscommunication. nick is a pro mma fighter i think he would have some fines or other problems if he does a unsanctioned fight. they could probably just get together and spar/test each other. i personally do not think it needs to be a "no rules" with throat ripping and eye gouging street fight to find out who's skills are better that day. it would probably be a good and entertaining fight nick appears to be in good shape and appears to be good at mma and i think maoshan looks skilled.

just keep the rules simple:
respect for the other fighters safety
stop if the other fighter cant defend themselves, taps or gives up, is knocked out or "corner/friend" throws in the towel.
no strikes to eyes or groin.
no gloves or pads.
wear what ever clothing you like
no weapons
no time limit.

those seem like enough rules to really test your skills and to keep safe. i do not know if it is legal though, so i would check local laws first.
bruce
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Well, cuz you're not on a TV show, silly.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:30 pm

This is the exact same thing (stupid posturing) that happened with Brian and BT in the first place. Brian calls for a full contact stick fight. No protection. Are you fucking kidding me? That is a death match due to the dangers involved. At least one runs the risk of being seriously hurt. BT sounded crazy enough to say ok to it and then it was Brian's turn to stall and stall and stall. It makes me think that he had no intention of fighting BT in the first place. The stakes were serious injury rather than money in this case.

I like Brian's response, that he has heard that people say that he is "still stalking BT". Well, at least he admits that that was what he was doing! Him and others spending all that energy and now apparently threatening BT and Maoshan's lives are pathetic lifeforms that really need to find a girl friend sometime.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby JustinCobb on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:This is the exact same thing (stupid posturing) that happened with Brian and BT in the first place. Brian calls for a full contact stick fight. No protection. Are you fucking kidding me? That is a death match due to the dangers involved. At least one runs the risk of being seriously hurt. BT sounded crazy enough to say ok to it and then it was Brian's turn to stall and stall and stall. It makes me think that he had no intention of fighting BT in the first place. The stakes were serious injury rather than money in this case.

The facts were a little more like this: Brian asked for rules that included protection. BT balked at that and this was the period where the taunting commenced. Brian then asked that the agreement was in a neutral venue. BT insisted on it being on the handball courts in Central Park. Brian finally proposed an alternate setting that he choose randomly off a map, not living in NYC. BT refused to leave Central Park. It went downhill from there.
Last edited by JustinCobb on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustinCobb
Santi

Postby Martin on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:44 pm

You bitches clearly have to much time on your hands - can't even read the above - train more, drink more beer, hit more... :)
Martin
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:47 pm

Martin wrote:You bitches clearly have to much time on your hands - can't even read the above - train more, drink more beer, hit more... :)

Your reading problems may come from too much beer... -drink-
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:10 pm

statements are here for both sides now. this thread is locked.
nianfong
Administrator

Previous

Return to Been There Done That