Moy Lin Shin

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Moy Lin Shin

Postby CrimsonX69 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:03 am

its like everything, with every organization there are the group of assholes....the people from the taoist tai chi society(TTCS) i have come in contact with have all been pleasent and nice, of course eager to encourage people to join their society but never seeming rude or cultish or arrogant to me, i mean the local tkd dojo has alot more of that than the TTCS does at least from my experiences w/ them
CrimsonX69
Santi

Postby Felipe Bidó on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:well, i found it odd that someone promoting an art claiming it for health and longevity would die so young.

Silly dude, he saw that his mission was completed in this planet and he 'trascended'...

(Common response from members of a cult, if their leader died young, or in pain)
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Felipe Bidó wrote:...he saw that his mission was completed on this planet and he 'transcended'...

That must be it. Mission accomplished. Time to go, right? ;)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Moy Linshin: Fraud

Daoist tai chi society: fraudulent tai chi group, but not cult.

We have a compound of sorts here. They are really popular and have been since I was a kid. Most people in my city who went on to study real tai chi studied with them at some point. The people who belong to that group are sanctimonious, can't fight, qigong, tai chi, or even navel gaze their way out of a paper bag, and they are all weird too. Sad thing is that there are like five good teachers in my city and people completely ignore them and go to the taoists, who have considerable advertising power.
This is the kind of tai chi that I will say is more harmful than it is good.
The positioning of the body promotes joint damage in the knees, hips, spine, elbows, and neck. The overly founder loving nature of their group leads to castle cloud fantasies of awesomeness by association. They are really bad. I dislike them with a passion.

/rant over/

I have been ranting a lot today!!!
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Methods on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Im right with you Mix,
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby fisherman on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am

I hear you Mix. We have a group here in the Boulder area that doesn't have the advertising power, but they have a tremendous draw because they are tied in with one of the local colleges.
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:32 am

if they weren't so defenseless and passive, I'd go whoop them all over their school, but you can't beat up pacifists, right?

You can?? -devil-

edit: Moy enthusiasts, that was a joke.
Last edited by mixjourneyman on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 am

Whatever happened to wude, guys!

They can be nutty at times let them follow their path! Why waste energy?
Any Daoists here in da houzle? Did I say that right? I must check with snoop dog!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:44 am

Wude does not equal just letting deluded people do their deluded thing and bringing others down with them.
Part of morality is stopping people from taking bad actions that will affect others. The amount of injuries and damage that has been done through incorrectly practiced taijiquan is just too much to ignore.
The good news is that almost everyone who went on to become prominent in the local taiji community here, ultimately ended up finding teachers outside of Moy's lineage.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:32 pm

mixjourneyman wrote:Wude does not equal just letting deluded people do their deluded thing and bringing others down with them.
Part of morality is stopping people from taking bad actions that will affect others. The amount of injuries and damage that has been done through incorrectly practiced taijiquan is just too much to ignore.
The good news is that almost everyone who went on to become prominent in the local taiji community here, ultimately ended up finding teachers outside of Moy's lineage.

Quite the opposite! When you start labelling, that is when the crap start but it needn't. The label of "delusion" is unfair but one cannot coerce others to follow an 'orthodoxy'.
Freedom in the marketplace. Live and let live as long as people's lives are not in danger! Taijiquan seeks loss (the absolute) but many seek prominence, which is at odds with the concept and philosophy but that is what I have seen. You cannot be rational with those who seek otherwise.

Personally, part of morality is knowing the difference between what is considered bad action or good action and knowing what to do next!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:38 pm

So is that actually a teaching of Mencius that is applied to martial arts, or is that just something you think sounds right?
Truth be told, it is up to the individual to decide what is right or wrong, Chinese theories are great and everything, but in the end, it is our decision to figure out what we will tolerate in ourselves and others.
I dislike that these people are actually causing physical and psychological damage to their students, while setting up a massive profit taking corporate structure that operates as a supposed non profit.
There are times when it is appropriate to out bad people. The Taoist tai chi society has been going for way too long in a path that causes people to end up with problems and in my opinion, they need to be outed so that people will stop equating Taiji and CIMA with wishy washy crap that will hurt your knees, sold by passive aggressive hippies.
I'm going to be blunt and say that the way we do things in my school and martial arts family are pretty direct. That is my attitude and the attitude of my teacher. If you want to deal with something, you don't pussy foot around with it, you just get it done. Perhaps we are too reliant on the xingyi mentality. It is hard to say.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 pm

If you are not willing to say anything has been gotten wrong, no one will listen to you when you say you have gotten something right.

This is why the fashionable stance that no one is ever doing things wrong is self defeating. "Right for you but not right for me" is simply a rhetorical trick. One must ask in the end, how do we differ?

Ooooh...gosh, our "narratives" differ. This is rhetorical smoke and mirrors.

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm

mixjourneyman wrote:So is that actually a teaching of Mencius that is applied to martial arts, or is that just something you think sounds right?
Truth be told, it is up to the individual to decide what is right or wrong, Chinese theories are great and everything, but in the end, it is our decision to figure out what we will tolerate in ourselves and others.
I dislike that these people are actually causing physical and psychological damage to their students, while setting up a massive profit taking corporate structure that operates as a supposed non profit.
There are times when it is appropriate to out bad people. The Taoist tai chi society has been going for way too long in a path that causes people to end up with problems and in my opinion, they need to be outed so that people will stop equating Taiji and CIMA with wishy washy crap that will hurt your knees, sold by passive aggressive hippies.
I'm going to be blunt and say that the way we do things in my school and martial arts family are pretty direct. That is my attitude and the attitude of my teacher. If you want to deal with something, you don't pussy foot around with it, you just get it done. Perhaps we are too reliant on the xingyi mentality. It is hard to say.

I am sure, you of all people know, (for those of us here), it is up to the individual as it wlways was and alwyas will be!
The fact is the selective utility of moral truths in what we choose as long as we benefit. In CMA, I have seen so much of how things work but it falls on deaf ears to those who seek the opposite of what we claim to be seeking! One cannot pretend to be holding an orthodoxy if we start claiming ours is the best and even in spite of of the social ills that we are surrounded by.

Just keeping everything in perspective!
yeniseri
Wuji

Previous

Return to Been There Done That