John Bracy's Ba Gua

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: John Bracy's Ba Gua

Postby cerebus on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:07 pm

The iron palm guy was Brian Gray. Gray was found innocent of any improprieties with minors. Apparently one of Gray's lovers (he is gay) and former student was angry at him and accused him of having begun their relationship when he (the ex-student) was a minor. I guess that wasn't really case.

I remember reading alot of things about the Bracy case years ago, but don't remember the details anymore...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:04 pm

one of my former classmates went out to california to study with John bracy for a good period of time. When I saw him again it was quite sad to hear what had gone on..
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:13 pm

SteveBonzak wrote:Again, unless someone has been convicted of a sex crime, he is innocent.

This makes sense. I mean, so what if the next door neighbor has gone to court like 8 times, he was never charged. So ill let my kids go outside when they want.

:-\
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 pm

For those who have not been around long enough, I do not need to "prove" shit to anyone. I know people personally. I am not going to disgrace them by dragging their names on the web. I have nothing to prove to anyone here.
I cannot speak if he is a "registered" sex offender. So I do not care what you found or did not find.
What I speak of is true. What I speak of is sick. And what I speak of is not something I wish to associate with, even by remote rumor. I just thought I would give a word of warning to the ignorant. You do what you wish with the info.
In my personal and professional opinion the guy is a sick fuck who needs to be jailed. He is the type of cancer the CMA do not need to be affiliated/associated with! He is the epitome of exactly what "MARTIAL ARTISTS" are supposed to be against; bullies who use their position to manipulate, control, and hurt others.
I could give a rats hind end as to how skilled he is. He fucked with minors people! Get a grip on reality, that is not something I wish to be remotely associated with.
Jake
JAB

Postby kshurika on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:40 pm

I had some contact with Mr. Bracy for awhile when I first moved to Orange County. His school was in Costa Mesa, near a school where I taught. One of his instructors was a student of mine for a short while and a good friend of my best friend in Orange County. The story from this instructor at the time that all of this was happening, is that Mr. Bracy was indeed tried, convicted and imprisoned (or jailed) for a sexual offense. During the period of his incarceration, his instructors kept his school going. Nice of them, if somewhat naive.

After his release, Mr. Bracy "screwed up again", according to this person and was returned to government-sponsored housing. His instructors said "f**k it" and the school closed. Also, his wife (who I met briefly - nice woman) divorced him - although I'm not sure if that was after the first or the second incarceration.

A side note, if the preceding doesn't bother you: It has been related to me that Mr. Bracy dumped the great Hebei xing yi master Liang Ke Quan on a street corner here in Orange County and drove away, after he had brought him over here from China. Some Chinese-speaking people took him under their wings until they were able to contact a well-known, local Chinese-speaking martial arts teacher (and former student of Master Liang's), who picked him up and took care of him. (I'm not bringing the instructor into the discussion.)

Here's another great story, from the horse's mouth: A good friend of mine is a former large-scale distributor of marijuana. He had a couple of farms in Mexico. He has since reformed his life and is now an extremely successful body-worker and instructor with his own school and a thriving practice. All of this comes after the ten years he spent in federal prisons, his last several years at Terminal Island, which he described as "an evil place". He got busted because one of his close associates ratted on him to beat "another kind of rap".

Guess who that ratting associate was?
Last edited by kshurika on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kshurika
Wuji

Postby chud on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:58 pm

kshurika wrote:I had some contact with Mr. Bracy for awhile when I first moved to Orange County. His school was in Costa Mesa, near a school where I taught. One of his instructors was a student of mine for a short while and a good friend of my best friend in Orange County. The story from this instructor at the time that all of this was happening, is that Mr. Bracy was indeed tried, convicted and imprisoned (or jailed) for a sexual offense. During the period of his incarceration, his instructors kept his school going. Nice of them, if somewhat naive.

After his release, Mr. Bracy "screwed up again", according to this person and was returned to government-sponsored housing. His instructors said "f**k it" and the school closed. Also, his wife (who I met briefly - nice woman) divorced him - although I'm not sure if that was after the first or the second incarceration.

A side note, if the preceding doesn't bother you: It has been related to me that Mr. Bracy dumped the great Hebei xing yi master Liang Ke Quan on a street corner here in Orange County and drove away, after he had brought him over here from China. Some Chinese-speaking people took him under their wings until they were able to contact a well-known, local Chinese-speaking martial arts teacher (and former student of Master Liang's), who picked him up and took care of him. (I'm not bringing the instructor into the discussion.)

Damn, so he's a repeat offender.
And that story about bringing a teacher over from China and then just dumping him to fend for himself in a strange land, that's messed up.

kshurika wrote:Here's another great story, from the horse's mouth: A good friend of mine is a former large-scale distributor of marijuana. He had a couple of farms in Mexico. He has since reformed his life and is now an extremely successful body-worker and instructor with his own school and a thriving practice. All of this comes after the ten years he spent in federal prisons, his last several years at Terminal Island, which he described as "an evil place". He got busted because one of his close associates ratted on him to beat "another kind of rap".

Guess who that ratting associate was?

It keeps getting worse and worse... :-\

Thanks for sharing these stories kshurika, they're not pleasant to hear, but I think they NEED to be heard in order to clear the air.
Last edited by chud on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Truly a ba gua thread.
Michael

Postby nianfong on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:40 pm

hahaha good one michael... I moved it to BTDT because it became pretty much gossip and badmouthing. I have no idea if he's a sex offender or not, but this doesn't belong in one of our more serious forums.
Last edited by nianfong on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Bär on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:41 pm

...over 20-year-old news. Yawn.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:56 pm

No, sorry sir, not yawn.
I was criticized by a former friend (hate it when someone I held in high esteem does that) for adding to this but one of his former instructors at his school (who was my student at the time and a damned nice guy) was quite candid in his revelation that the seniors of Bracy's school told him to go away and closed the school in their embarrassment.
This sort of shit can never be forgotten. It is a curse and a shame to us all. Targeting children should never be forgotten!
>:(

A Father
Last edited by Buddy on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:34 pm

nianfong wrote:hahaha good one michael... I moved it to BTDT because it became pretty much gossip and badmouthing. I have no idea if he's a sex offender or not, but this doesn't belong in one of our more serious forums.

FYI for anyone who's interested, ba gua is a martial art, a magical symbol, and it means gossip in Chinese culture, although I don't know any stories about the origin of that. Anybody?
Michael

Postby edededed on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:47 pm

I think the latter meaning is only true for Cantonese regions?
edededed
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 pm

no it's commonly used in taiwan mandarin slang too.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby edededed on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:45 pm

Okay, Taiwan AND Hong Kong, then ;)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby kshurika on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:10 pm

I see, so a bagua instructor who is a repeat sex offender does not belong in one of "the more serious forums"? How are you defining "serious"? Who can move his chi fastest and farthest?
kshurika
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That