Traditional Schools Hit Hard?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Traditional Schools Hit Hard?

Postby Kwai Chang Caine on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:24 pm

BJJ ,MMA or whatever you want to call it has it's place but what's going on now is more or less a fad. America = Fast Food Culture! The MMA is geared to giving people instant results as most people nowadays do not want to take the journey or walk a path they just want instant results. Traditional martial arts will be around long after the BJJ/MMA fad has faded. I have nothing against BJJ or MMA but to be quite honest on the street the person that would attack you nine out of ten times will not be alone so that last place you want to end up on the street is the ground! I'll stick to my time tested Kung Fu & leave all the rolling around to the Fast Food Culture people.
Life is just an illusion on the way to death ... Did you think when you die you go to heaven? ... You come to us!
Kwai Chang Caine
Santi

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 am

Kwai Chang Caine wrote:BJJ ,MMA or whatever you want to call it has it's place but what's going on now is more or less a fad. America = Fast Food Culture! The MMA is geared to giving people instant results as most people nowadays do not want to take the journey or walk a path they just want instant results. Traditional martial arts will be around long after the BJJ/MMA fad has faded. I have nothing against BJJ or MMA but to be quite honest on the street the person that would attack you nine out of ten times will not be alone so that last place you want to end up on the street is the ground! I'll stick to my time tested Kung Fu & leave all the rolling around to the Fast Food Culture people.

dude, this is remarkably ignorant.

nuff said
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am

mmmmm...burger.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Kwai Chang Caine on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 am

Not really,

Traditional arts have been around and will continue to be around for a reason. They are time tested. By saying the last place I would like to end up out on the street is on the ground is not as far as I'm concerned ignorant, it's common sense. I grew up in a country where bombs were going off almost every single day & people being killed on the streets in more brutal ways than you can imagine & trust me, where I'm from theres no going to the ground for some ground and pound. You do that well, then thats it. All arts which include BJJ & MMA have something to offer. The big picture is it's not so much the art but more the person walking the walk when it really counts that matters. The Fast Food Culture term I have used might be deemed somewhat sarcastic but it's pretty much true in America. People there get caught up in fads. UFC & whatever, even other sports like soccer. When Beckham came to America you would have thought Jesus had come back to earth. What many in the states didn't know is in reality he was little more than a washed up European bench warmer. My point is most people take well thought out hype as the truth. I'm not saying BJJ or MMA is not valid. I'm saying it's not all it's cracked up to be, that's all. We all have our own opinions.
Life is just an illusion on the way to death ... Did you think when you die you go to heaven? ... You come to us!
Kwai Chang Caine
Santi

Postby Juan on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 am

Kwai Chang Caine wrote: I'll stick to my time tested Kung Fu & leave all the rolling around to the Fast Food Culture people.

lol at time tested kung fu ;D
Juan
Great Old One

Postby Kwai Chang Caine on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 am

On the street the name of the game is to stay on your feet Juan. Rolling around in a cage where the floor gives is one thing. Rolling around the concrete & the street is quite another & even then BJJ is only going to work one on one.
Kwai Chang Caine
Santi

Previous

Return to Been There Done That