We need a LKJ thread

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

We need a LKJ thread

Postby Taijikid on Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 am

Lets start all over again....

Please Fill in the Blank :o
Taijikid
Anjing

Re: We need a LKJ thread

Postby jjy5016 on Tue May 13, 2008 3:51 pm

I don't know about LKJ but a couple of months ago someone brought up this guy, Max Christensen so I did some research and ended up going to a workshop he had in NJ last weekend.

http://www.kunlunbliss.com/

It sucked.

I mean having to drive to Secaucus. ( I fucking hate New Fucking Jersey )

The workshop on the other hand was great. His stuff seems to be real. His students have some skill and his neigong is very simple and produces immediate results. Some of his stuff is very similar to the more esoteric practices in yiquan and some other qigong systems I've studied.

I practice what I learned at the workshop on a daily basis and feel all the better for it.

Have fun with it.

John
Last edited by jjy5016 on Tue May 13, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Tue May 13, 2008 5:37 pm

ohhh noooo

not you too john

just kidding

there are lots of people at the Tao Bums board that rave about this guy...
they have described lots of weird stuff (including alien encounters) coming along with this practice

would be interested to hear how your practice goes

franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby jjy5016 on Wed May 14, 2008 2:41 am

I don't know about alien encounters (unless you include taking a NYC cab ride) but I found it very interesting. There are some elements similar to things that I experienced with my yiquan teachers and then there are more esoteric things.

I always give things a try before giving them the thumbs up or down Franklin. I feel if I don't then I'd only be cheating myself.

I like it and do think it is beneficial for me.

John
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Wed May 14, 2008 5:21 am

An LKJ thread you say?

Oh, I see... nevermind.
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Wed May 14, 2008 7:56 am

I don't know about alien encounters (unless you include taking a NYC cab ride) but I found it very interesting. There are some elements similar to things that I experienced with my yiquan teachers and then there are more esoteric things.

I always give things a try before giving them the thumbs up or down Franklin. I feel if I don't then I'd only be cheating myself.

I like it and do think it is beneficial for me.

John

cool i try not to judge things before i have given them a chance too.....

mostly just joking with you as this is BTDT ;D

but was serious that many people rave about the practice at the Tao Bums forum and some have described some weird encounters,

franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Taijikid on Wed May 14, 2008 8:06 am

fisherman,

:D :D :D -bow-
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby yusuf on Mon May 19, 2008 12:25 pm

fuck you all.. i can move mountains with the edge of my hand
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed May 21, 2008 9:52 am

GLENDOWER
I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

HOTSPUR
Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?

Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part 1, Act 3, Scene 1
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri May 30, 2008 9:45 am

Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri May 30, 2008 6:42 pm

mmmm.

Many people may find interesting things along the way. Some may even figure out how to use those things.
But the tao that can be spoken of is not the true tao.

It does not cease to bemuse me that this fundamental message is glossed over with "lectures".
For hundreds of years, there is an issue with the way that knowledge is perpetuated.

If the intention is to gather an eye to yourself, there is going to be a very important element missing.
It's that part of what you picked up off that which you do not understand that is this thing I am talking about.

I'm not one to break anyone else rice bowl, but I stay away from food that is not good for me.

:)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat May 31, 2008 3:53 pm

I think the fundamental point in that TTC quote, Darth, is that as soon as you start to take an idea and create a representation of that idea in the physical world in some form, you are straying from the platonic truth of that idea. Like as in, there is one true God, but all attempts to describe it are secondary, flawed, and ultimately meaningless compared to the pure truth.

That doesn't mean that discussion is bad, unnecessary, or pointlesss, just that you shouldn't confuse the model of the solar system that you made out of shiskabob skewers and styrofoam balls is the actual solar system, any more than the Bohr model of the Atom is an actual Atom, or that the addition of concepts such as valence shells change the fundamental worth of his contribution, or its continuing relevance with regard to the process of approaching a complete understanding of atomic physics.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:05 am

Gleh, had not checked that taobums site out in some time and....wow is there is a boatload of ignorance over there.

S- with compassion for em...but wow.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:17 am

http://books.google.com/books?id=zHwoS80noVoC

Free preview of the book Empty Force By Paul Dong and Thomas Raffill. From the blurb:

Ling Kong Jing, the "Empty Force," is the highest martial arts skill in China. This extraordinary technique harnesses the power of chi, the body's vital energy, enabling masters of the art to defend themselves against opponents without making physical contact. The book takes readers step by step from theory to the actual practice [...]

This is only a partial preview copy of the book, but it contains much that is sure to be of interest, including that Wang Xiang Zhai was a closet empty force master (pp. 94-95). Sure. ::) Also, note the warning on p. 108:

Those who are not knocked down [by your LKJ ability] will suffer a greater misfortune, for they will be injured more seriously than those sensitive to chi.

Uh, huh. Use this power responsibly, everyone.

-why-
Last edited by klonk on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Return to Been There Done That