Come see the Yak mouthbox me

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Come see the Yak mouthbox me

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:06 pm

It seems the Yak has gotten this notion in his head that his online training can actually help him to defeat (in his own words break me) me.

here is a link to how I am dealing with his unethical deluded individual.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/s ... post975654

he made this BS statement about training your Bagua stepping on concrete as being a good thing.

I explained that concrete is really not that great for training on.

He said he would break me.

Anyone have stats on him?

I am 6'2" 290 and personally trained by my teachers.

He is ?? and onlined trained by his Baguazhang teacher.

hmmm?????
Last edited by Dale Dugas on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Re: Come see the Yak mouthbox me

Postby cerebus on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 pm

He's a big guy as well, but I gotta say that my money would be on you in a challenge match. I often get the feeling that Brian overestimates his own abilities. But that is just my impression of course. Never having worked with either of you I really couldn't say, but I definitely think you'd have several advantages (iron palm abilities, build and strength just being the basic external ones). As I recall, Brian used to be a bit paunchy, don't know if he's worked that off or not, but extra fat is never a fighting advantage...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 pm

... unless you're Roy Nelson, lol. I read the thread and feel a bit annoyed on your behalf now. Man. Oh well.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:36 pm

the thing that is silly is that he is online training with his teacher.

really, online training in gao baguazhang.

he is deluded.
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Dale Dugas wrote:the thing that is silly is that he is online training with his teacher.

really, online training in gao baguazhang.

he is deluded.

Well, that and saying that he's getting better quality training online with the Canadian instructor than any of his previous training, meaning better than he was receiving from Luo De Xiu and his people...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:51 pm

I'd be willing to put in $10 to make a match happen. Surely there are at least a couple hundred other sadistic bastards who would be willing to see the Yak skinned? We could raise the money and use it to buy necessary plane tickets, rent a small venue, and set a small prize for the winner. It'd be great!

If we got a lot of people, we could set it up in Vegas and then make all our money back betting on Dale to win in the first round! (Don't tell the yak, though, or he'll just run away all through the first round out of spite.)
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 pm

wait, wait, wait...

for the stick to drop...
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Oh shit that guy has NO FUCKING IDEA just how extremely one sided a match with Dale would be. It would be over real quick. Fan the fatman must think that whatever bullshit he plays around with will have any chance against someone with real skill.
Chris Fleming

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:21 pm

He admits that his online training is much better than actual person to person instruction from a live person.

He has no idea.

truly has no idea.

sad.
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Dale, I can just imagine this going on in your head:

Patients.....I serve others according to their needs.....smack
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Dale:

I hope you don't actually think that Brian is serious about crossing hands with you to compare skills. :o

As we all know, talk is cheap. He'll talk smack for as long as anyone cares to listen, but he won't commit to a time and place, IMO, and probably wouldn't show up even if he did make such arrangements. Sounds like just another one of his totally lame publicity stunts to me, most likely motivated by personal delusions of grandeur which have no doubt made him a legend in his own mind ::)

I predict that he'll neither put up nor shut up either way. Don't waste your time and energy giving him the pathetic attention he craves, as nothing good will come of it in the end. :-\
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Dale Dugas wrote:It seems the Yak has gotten this notion in his head that his online training can actually help him to defeat (in his own words break me) me.

here is a link to how I am dealing with his unethical deluded individual.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/s ... post975654

he made this BS statement about training your Bagua stepping on concrete as being a good thing.

I explained that concrete is really not that great for training on.

He said he would break me.

Anyone have stats on him?

I am 6'2" 290 and personally trained by my teachers.

He is ?? and onlined trained by his Baguazhang teacher.

hmmm?????

he's on the right.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Wow. That thread escalated from 'don't agree with you' to 'pistols at dawn' very quickly! All seems a bit of a silly and over the top reaction to me...

Dale, after what he did to "emptyflower" we all know here that the guy has no moral character whatsoever. I wouldn't bother with him. As much as a lot of people here would like to see you redistribute his fat cells around his body don't get swayed by the baying pack. He's not worth it.

"The space between heaven and earth is like a bellows.

The shape changes, but not the form;

The more it moves, the more it yields.

More words count less.

Hold fast to the centre."

(Or failing that you could always ask him if he was "staff" in a fight gym for 10 years why is he so fat?) ;D
Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 am

Dale Dugas wrote:He admits that his online training is much better than actual person to person instruction from a live person.

He has no idea.

truly has no idea.

sad.

myself don't have anything to say but let the fhürer talk! :D

Areios
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:34 am

For anyone who wasn't reading the challenge threads in the summer of 2007, Brian was supposed to have a match with Novell Bell, aka Black Taoist, but Brian used every imaginable trick to delay the match and make it impossible to occur.

Brian's only real skill is the gong-fu of eliciting sympathy from people through psychological manipulation. He has built himself a fantasy curriculum by approaching people online, speaking the necessary words —

Hey, bro', I hear you. That <unfortunate thing> that happened to you was wayy wrong. Now what did your teacher tell you about the...?

— to put them at their ease, and then assimilating everything they share about their MA practice. He then turns around and tries to market their material online.
Michael

Next

Return to Been There Done That