KUNG Fu vs Karate Pay per view

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

KUNG Fu vs Karate Pay per view

Postby maoshan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 am

This live event is dedicated to martial artists who preserve the old school tradition of testing their skills by issuing and accepting challenges.

Promoted on YouTube in an Internet reality show, this is a challenge between Kung Fu master,
Novell Bell (aka Black Taoist) versus Karate &
JuJitsu master, Mahalia Betha (aka Sensei Mo).

The live bout will be Friday, December 18, 2009
at Essex County College in Newark, New Jersey. Competing under MMA rules, this special event is sanctioned by the State of New Jersey and is being promoted by the legendary Karate pioneer, Karriem Abdallah.

Join us online to watch the fight live and participate in an embedded Facebook chat room.
Pre-fight arrivals and commentary starts at 7pm.
Fight at 8pm.

The online box office opens on Friday,
December 18th at 12 noon EST

http://www.martialartschallengers. com/

maoshan
Great Old One

Re: KUNG Fu vs Karate Pay per view

Postby Bill on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am

Good luck to everyone involved.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:17 am

should be a great event!
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 am

Looking forward to seein' the video...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:13 pm

One has to pay for this??? ::) :-X :-\ :o :'( -puke-
JAB

Postby jasonf on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

JAB wrote:One has to pay for this??? ::) :-X :-\ :o :'( -puke-

Every man must earn a living, if your life and profession are martial arts you must earn money from that...good luck and health to all involved.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:40 am

Are there any preliminary fights? that would be cool to see some of Sensi Mo students vs BT students. Bring back 52 blocks Lyte Burley vs Maoshan!
neijia_boxer

Postby Juan on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:19 pm

JAB wrote:One has to pay for this??? ::) :-X :-\ :o :'( -puke-

lol...glad someone else feels like this. Props to the two fighters for their willingness to test their stuff, but is it me, or are they making this bigger than what it really is?
Juan
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:01 pm

I won't be paying for the whole card- simply because I am not convinced about the quality of the connection to the UK, but I would love to see it-if only on a youtube replay. Very glad it's upsetting the pseudo kickbokers and the Cartmell psycophants. Will be a pleasure to watch two properly trained traditional martial artists compete, even if I think one of them is badly out of his depth.

Best of luck, BT!
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby Juan on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am

William,

I take it that the "pseudo kickboxer" comment was a pot shot at me. First let me clarify, the fight is not upsetting to me, don't know where you got that from. I think it's great that they are testing their skills. What I find is that they are making this fight out to be more that what it really is, two fighters fighting. They are not big names in the sense that professional fighters are big names. But I guess that in order to make a profit they do have to do some promotion. I think it will be an interesting fight but IMO it may not be all that exciting. I may be completely wrong and it could be a great fight. Again, props to them for getting in the ring and testing their stuff, but to me this is not the "Thrilla in Manila" that they are making it seem to be. But again, stepping back and looking at it from a different perspective promotion/hype is needed to make some profit.

Now to the pseudo kickboxer comment, I work too hard in the gym not to take exeption to this. I acknowledge that I am not the best or most talented person in my gym but I work my ass off. I've had some success in the ring and I've had some failures. No one in my gym thinks there is anything "pseudo" about my work ethic. I know that it's really easy to sit down behind a computer when you are miles away from a person to take pot shots. However, if you really feel that I am a pseudo kickboxer I invite you to come and test me. No, I am not making an internet death challenge here, but if you are ever in California please give me a call so we set up some sparring. Then you can make a judgement call on skills. I work out at the Muay Thai Academy in North Hollywood and at Gio's Boxing Club in Burbank if you need to get a hold of me.

Regards,

Juan
Juan
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Juan summarized it pretty well William. You are always welcome to Shenwu if you wish to see how weak any of us Cartmell "psychophants" really are.
Again I was not criticizing the actual fight, just the dramatic build up, and the fact they are charging people to watch it.

You want to talk shit, put your money where your mouth is. This board is a trip!
JAB
JAB

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Why don't all of you guys keep it civil. Mmmmkay?

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 pm

You're the one that's tripping.

Psycho-phant is the politest term I could muster.

And, Juan, sorry, my comment referred to people who train internal martial arts then "sport" like kickboxers in a free-fighting/combat context- completely devoid of their system's shen fa. I'm sorry if my post drew you away from your exacting training.
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby JAB on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:35 pm

No need to be polite. Call it the way you wish. Until you step up, it don't mean shit.
JAB

Postby cerebus on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:49 pm

JAB wrote:No need to be polite. Call it the way you wish. Until you step up, it don't mean shit.

::) Sounds like someone needs to cut back on their caffeine intake.... But hey, feel free to be as cantakerous and grouchy as ya wish, it's your world, we're just in it right?
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That