KUNG Fu vs Karate Pay per view

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: KUNG Fu vs Karate Pay per view

Postby yusuf on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

come on guys.. season to be jolly and all that :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Wataaaaa!!!! its tonight. I bet on BT by snake palm right after xingyi's Ma Xing (with a rear naked choke on the ground to finish ;D ).
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Sugarshrimp on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

I am most anxious to see this. I haphazardly predict the karate fellow will dominate.
Sugarshrimp
Santi

Postby Alexander on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Anyone know the outcome?
Alexander
Huajing

Postby Sugarshrimp on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:07 pm

The webcast failed to work. They promised everyone a refund, but they didn't let us know what happened with the fight.
Sugarshrimp
Santi

Postby cerebus on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Sugarshrimp wrote:The webcast failed to work. They promised everyone a refund, but they didn't let us know what happened with the fight.

Wow! That is Seriously fucked up! How friggin' disappointing... :o :(
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:16 am

Maybe they want to broadcast it later on to try and make some money out of it? (Knowing the outcome would spoil it...)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:36 am

If you are surprised at this then it is long overdue to smell the coffee, stretch a bit, splash some water on your face and wake the hell up! ::)
JAB

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:41 am

Jake is there a reason why every time a seminar or event from Maoshan is posted here you have to make disparaging comments about it?
Chris Fleming

Postby shock and awe on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 am

was this through go fight live? cause that worked however I missed the fight, apparently they upload it tomorrow to watch.
shock and awe

Postby cerebus on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:28 am

JAB wrote:If you are surprised at this then it is long overdue to smell the coffee, stretch a bit, splash some water on your face and wake the hell up! ::)

Jake, why would it not be surprising that the webcast would fail? They were already making money from it, right? Now they have to refund the money for the failed webcast. Is that considered normal procedure, to ensure that one has to refund people's money due to technical troubles? If so, what is the supposed purpose of such things? I thought they were doing it to MAKE money not lose it, so yeah I'm a little surprised.
Last edited by cerebus on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby sroberts on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:47 pm

"Fight was canceled because of Equipment Issues - The rules changed and it was going to be a Head Gear Fight and light sparring. Sensei Mo accepted the terms and the promoters were supposed to provide gear.

The real explanation should come from the Fight Promoters.

At no point did the Promoters give the Audience at Large any clear indication if the fight was canceled or not.

There was a confrontation between Novell Bell and Sensei Mo in the auditorium but neither of them could have called the fight on at that point. The Fight was canceled and wasn't on the ticket so the point was Mute"

From comments at http://www.youtube.com/user/WhoInc

Sam
sroberts
Santi

Postby cerebus on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:13 pm

sroberts wrote:"Fight was canceled because of Equipment Issues - The rules changed and it was going to be a Head Gear Fight and light sparring. Sensei Mo accepted the terms and the promoters were supposed to provide gear.

The real explanation should come from the Fight Promoters.

At no point did the Promoters give the Audience at Large any clear indication if the fight was canceled or not.

There was a confrontation between Novell Bell and Sensei Mo in the auditorium but neither of them could have called the fight on at that point. The Fight was canceled and wasn't on the ticket so the point was Mute"

From comments at http://www.youtube.com/user/WhoInc

Sam

Ah. Now THAT is lame. I guess I WAS a little gullible to expect more. Bleah, live & learn... :P
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby shock and awe on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:16 pm

.........................................................................................Doesnt get much more lame than that
shock and awe

Postby yusuf on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 pm

shock and awe wrote:.........................................................................................Doesnt get much more lame than that

totally lame from the planet lame, although the sniping in this thread runs it a close second..
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That