France vs. USA

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: France vs. USA

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:58 pm

The facts is this:

France has had a longer history than the USA.

in that history of some 1300 years, they have won far more battles than the us will ever wage.
They won the US for the founding fathers really. Washington would have been a bloodclot in the snow if not for Lafayette.
France is a Nuclear power.
France gave America Libertarian ideals and the whole concept that they based their declaration of independence and ultimately their republic after.

And, there is a statue of George Washington in France, right in the Left Bank in Paris. It's a beaut too. Will share the photo after I filter out all the not wants.

Seriously, some people simply haven't a clue. lol
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:47 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:The facts is this:

That's where the Europeans are wrong.

The Americas existed long before the Europeans ever arrived.
CaliG

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 am

It is true. Unfortunately, because the Indians have been decimated as a power on the continent, it is mostly the European history that is significant to current events. Of course, we can argue that certain events in Amerindian history influenced the outcome of the meeting with Europeans (same thing with African history), but because the Europeans were the most powerful people on the continent until recently, it is their history that is "more significant" whether this is fair or not.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:44 pm

i like cake!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:59 am

CaliG wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:The facts is this:

That's where the Europeans are wrong.

The Americas existed long before the Europeans ever arrived.

There is no longer that civilization thanks to the immigrants over the last 500 years. the civilization that is now is what has sprung from the last 500 years and the empire of mesoamerica are long gone through genocide, assimilation, oppression and minimization of it in it's entirety to the poorest portion of the populace who's only economical value overall is the quaint tourism values they bring. A most unfortunate truth of the matter and anyone who thinks there is some great nation of natives tat have any real power, you got another thing coming.

My guess is that ultimately and with few exceptions that everyone on this board is of either european or african ancestry, with of course other old world countries as well, displaced into the americas as many of us may be.
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:51 am

there isn't nearly enough cake in this thread.
Ian

Postby Dmitri on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Ian wrote:there isn't nearly enough cake in this thread.

Voila!

Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby JoseFreitas on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:09 pm

I have lived in both France and the Us, and I'm fluent in both french and american... erhh... english. Addmitedly I speak better french but write better english.

France has way better food, wine and cheese (cheese is its own category of food), and the chicks are much prettier.

America has amazing natural scenery and for martial arts its virtual paradise, especially since the $ has been taking a hit...

A hard choice. I like both countries. But if I had to pick a place to live in permanently it'd be France

For americans: few americans realize how much the french commited to the cause of american independence. Remember that back in the days, for a country to commit to building a full navy with the huge battleships they had was like modern armies commiting to arming themselves with hundreds of stealth bombers. The truth is that were it not for those french soldiers and navy.... well.....
JoseFreitas
Anjing

Postby Ian on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 am

that is spectacular.
Ian

Previous

Return to Been There Done That