Tanglang master's balls of steel!

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Tanglang master's balls of steel!

Postby AllanF on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Funny clip esspesially at the end! ;D

AllanF

Re: Tanglang master's balls of steel!

Postby qiphlow on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:14 pm

that was great!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Mut on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:44 pm

I love this clip, thanks for bring it to my attention again.... I believe GM Ip Shui died at 91 so this would been done sometime just before that... which adds to it I think
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:54 pm

this is old one /clip was presented on eF/
but
good fu is like serai on the desert of pretenders
:)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Monkfit Master on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 am

I love that clip. I’ve got it on video but who watches those anymore, so I haven’t seen it in ages. On a serious martial note, as amazing as the technique is he seems to counter this attack by sucking it all inside himself.

My issues with this are:

1) It seems to take him time to prepare (although this could just put on for the cameras).

2) Especially in CMA the strikes used are penetrating, and generally aim for a vital organ like the brain, heart, liver... we’ve all heard "A Karate Punch is like an iron bar when it hits it goes whack. A gung-fu punch is like an iron chain with an iron ball attached to the end and it goes whang and it hurts inside" Bruce Lee (1965). If the testicles are ruptured while inside the pelvis you’ll still bleed the death internally. If he’s uses this technique in conjunction with iron clothing great.

That being said you would have to be an amazing boxer to counter this defence.
Monkfit Master
Santi

Postby Mut on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:39 am

BTW it is not tang lang it is Chow Gar Tong Long ( SPM)
"I've done 19 years of Tae Kwon Do.... I'm a blackbelt third dan.... I don't think I should start with your beginners..." ....phone enquiry I recieved....
Mut
Great Old One

Postby SunLutang06 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:18 am

Hey

This clip is on my Youtube account.
Just wanted to say Hi as i am a longtime lurker.

Yes it is chow gar but i didnt knew anything about it when i put the clip up.

cu
SunLutang06
Santi

Postby Jeice on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Monkfit Master wrote:1)"A Karate Punch is like an iron bar when it hits it goes whack. A gung-fu punch is like an iron chain with an iron ball attached to the end and it goes whang and it hurts inside" Bruce Lee (1965).

2)If the testicles are ruptured while inside the pelvis you’ll still bleed the death internally.

1) Yeah... bruce lee fuckin knew it all, that guy had styles labeled and up on a shelf eh? *nod* yep, no arguments here... quoting bruce lee is almost unfair, its like having chuck norris say "I agree" to your argument. NO COMEBACK POSSIBLE.

2) No... I'm sure even wikipedia can give you a better understanding of the fun things that happen when you pop a testicle. Bleeding to death is definitely not one of them.
Jeice
Anjing

Postby ashe on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:49 pm

SunLutang06 wrote:Hey

This clip is on my Youtube account.
Just wanted to say Hi as i am a longtime lurker.

Yes it is chow gar but i didnt knew anything about it when i put the clip up.

cu

damn! :o cool what a small small world is CMA...

still BTDT.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby juz on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:03 am

Normally I feel great empathy for a dude being hit in the family jewels but strangley not here...great vid...thanks for posting
What I really need right now is a montage....
juz
Anjing

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 am

Jeice wrote:
Monkfit Master wrote:1)"A Karate Punch is like an iron bar when it hits it goes whack. A gung-fu punch is like an iron chain with an iron ball attached to the end and it goes whang and it hurts inside" Bruce Lee (1965).

2)If the testicles are ruptured while inside the pelvis you’ll still bleed the death internally.

1) Yeah... bruce lee fuckin knew it all, that guy had styles labeled and up on a shelf eh? *nod* yep, no arguments here... quoting bruce lee is almost unfair, its like having chuck norris say "I agree" to your argument. NO COMEBACK POSSIBLE.

2) No... I'm sure even wikipedia can give you a better understanding of the fun things that happen when you pop a testicle. Bleeding to death is definitely not one of them.

2) I have heard although I am not sure how truthful it is, that a very hard blow to the jewels can cause the body to go into shock and the shock can be fatal.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby I am... on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Indeed it can. If I recall correctly, there was a man in India a few years back that died when his wife squeezed his testicles forcefully in anger. Maybe not the best way to go :)
http://www.appliedcombat.com

"Once you have firmly decided that you face certain death, overwhelming thoughts of fear will be exhausted in your mind..."
-Hirayama Shiryu-
I am...
Wuji

Postby CaliG on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 pm

qiphlow wrote:that was great!

And insane!
CaliG

Postby TenTigers on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:02 pm

a few things:
ONE-not all strikes are penetrating, and in the heat of battle, many groin kicks are quick snaps, probably not so penetrating. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule-BUT, in SPM, you close off your points-not in some mystical way, but through body posture, leg position, you protect the body and groin, so the penetrating groin kick becomes even more low percentage.
I still want to know how those Juko-Kai guys do it.
TWO-Tanglang/ Tong Long- po-tay-to, po-tah-to. You are talking about a phonetic spelling of a Cantonese word. There are many different and accepted spellings.
TenTigers
Santi

Return to Been There Done That