It aint all that bona fide

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

It aint all that bona fide

Postby PartridgeRun on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:18 am

On another thread someone called the Rumsoaked Fist the bona fide place of online IMA discussion...

You have got to be kidding… This site right here is about as Bona Fide when it comes to IMAs as Pope Ratzinger is a force of good in the world.

If you want to get top-notch, no-bullcrap (mostly) information on the physical why’s and how’s of IMA practice, Aikiweb is the place to go. Anything with Mike Sigman, Rob John, Dan Harden, Rupert Atkinson, Timothy Walters Kleinert, Mark Murray, Hunter Lonsberry et al. in it, will likely present a few good nuggets of useful info. Such knowledge very rarely pops up here, and when it finally does, it ALWAYS gets drowned out by the collective board’s random buzz on things….its the rule around here. I distinctly remember the ridiculous reactions Bodywork’s, Upyu’s, Moling’s and Tadzio’s posts used to get (not saying all of those people are the bulls’ balls or anything, just that based on their postings, they undoubtedly understand the fundamentals of the subject).

Hell, Mike Sigman was quickly booted off the board back in the day because he was here for info and not for the fun of it.

That shouldn’t happen on an IMA board. The members should be able to recognize how the physical reality of IMA is/was reflected in the aforementioned people’s commentaries immediately. Why is this not the case? It must be because so few people really have bona fide IMA skills in the first place.

I’ve trained with three big name teachers here in China and the situation is not different over here.

Even with the big name teachers it’s the same, the same. Few students seem to get it. There are a lot of reasons for that, not least which has to do with the fact that so few realize that IMAs present a radically different way of using the body in the first place.

In short, this board has never had a large share of genuinely knowledgeable people and when it has had’em it chased them off with torch an' pitchforks...as a rule.

Rumsoaked fist is mostly for the fun of - well fun - and the fun of… drama ;D
"The bank was saved, but the people were ruined."
- Henry M. Gouge, circa 1830
“No civilization can survive the physical destruction of its resource base.”
- Bruce Sterling
PartridgeRun
Anjing

Re: It aint all that bona fide

Postby xxxxx on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:26 am

this sort of garbage does not belong in the main forum
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby Bill on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 am

Who really cares what a ignorant bigot like you has to say?
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 am

PartridgeRun wrote:If you want to get top-notch, no-bullcrap (mostly) information on the physical why’s and how’s of IMA practice, Aikiweb is the place to go.

So why don't you stay there? ::)

The only "top-notch, no-bullcrap information on the physical why’s and how’s of IMA practice" is entirely non-verbal in nature and therefore pointing to a discussion board (any discussion board) as Teh Ultimate Source for IMA info is IMHO silly at best.

Moling and Tadzio

These two in the same line with Bodywork? Really?! Alrightythen... :-X

Hell, Mike Sigman was quickly booted off the board back in the day because he was here for info and not for the fun of it.

Now you're just being straight-up funny, right? ;D ;D ::)

In short, this board has never had a large share of genuinely knowledgeable people and when it has had’em it chased them off with torch an' pitchforks...as a rule.

Now it's your turn, as the genuinely knowledgeable person: Shoo! Shoo!

Rumsoaked fist is mostly for the fun of - well fun - and the fun of… drama ;D

Thanks for your opinion and the appropriately-dramatic contribution. ;D :P ::)
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 am

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Did he really list MoLing as an "expert" in his original post. ;D As far as I'm concerned, Mo Ling was just a peer. Tadzio I considered to be a fair bit better than I was but only because I met up with him. Still wasn't really teacher material though. Just a bit farther along than I was at the time.

I've tried checking out Aikiweb but honestly I couldn't get into it.

Sigman? lol He got run off here for being an arrogant prick without the chops to back it up. There's at least half a dozen folks here of his caliber and another half dozen for whom Mike is not in their league.

Three cheers for the fist! . . . even if I am drinking baijiu instead of rum...I'd drink rum if I could afford it. Drank it every day for a week when I was in Thailand last year. :P
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 am

I think Sigman was given a time-out on the original eF due to his role in what was one of the overall nastiest threads ever to be seen on that site (and many another), but was never officially banned. To my knowledge, he was never precluded from posting on this board except by his own preference.

Feel free to set me straight if I'm wrong, but that's how I 'member it.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 am

Besides, PartridgeRun......your bio lists you as only an Aikido practitioner anyway. That's kinda like an Elements user posting about the full Photoshop. :P

Just kidding, dude....I don't have any idea who you are or what you know. I have tried several times to get into reading Aikiweb, but between the constant name-dropping, the passionate arguing over minutiae that have as much to do with real combat as arguing over doily patterns, the near total lack of real life-threatening combat experience, and the ignorantsia being so far up their own asses they get rectum separation anxiety, it just keeps driving me off. These guys like to think of themselves as the Illuminati, but in reality they're on a faulty dimmer switch that occasionally brightens up only long enough to bug zap any idea that doesn't conform to those already enshrined in the Mutual Congratulations Society Charter.

No wait, nevermind, that's Cyberkwoon. Or maybe not.....it's easy to get them confused.
Chris McKinley

Postby Felipe Bidó on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 am

The bit about Mike Sigman is so off the mark, it's funny. You should really check your info before you write. Oh, and Tadzio?. Believe me, I admired the guy like an older brother. And he didn't leave for the reason you post.

Again, check your info before talking nonsense.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Bhassler on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 am

Ignorantsia? Is that a secret society like the freemasons? That's totally awesome! How do I join???
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:08 pm

So you've started a thread on Rumsoakedfist to tell Rumsoakedfist how shit it is.

What does that make you?

And as others have said - you pretty well couldn't be more wrong. But enjoy tellin everyone how it is - hopefully you feel better about yourself now.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Heh, heh. Troll is funneh... ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:24 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:Besides, PartridgeRun......your bio lists you as only an Aikido practitioner anyway. That's kinda like an Elements user posting about the full Photoshop. :P

Lol one of the best disses in a looong time
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am

PartridgeRun wrote:

Sigman was banned for being an asshole. Since that time, I don't care how skilled or nice he is in person, I don't want even want to be near that guy.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Chris Fleming

Postby ambergirl on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:Just kidding, dude....I don't have any idea who you are or what you know. I have tried several times to get into reading Aikiweb, but between the constant name-dropping, the passionate arguing over minutiae that have as much to do with real combat as arguing over doily patterns, the near total lack of real life-threatening combat experience, and the ignorantsia being so far up their own asses they get rectum separation anxiety, it just keeps driving me off. These guys like to think of themselves as the Illuminati, but in reality they're on a faulty dimmer switch that occasionally brightens up only long enough to bug zap any idea that doesn't conform to those already enshrined in the Mutual Congratulations Society Charter.

This could apply to any forum right big boy :D
ambergirl
Santi

Next

Return to Been There Done That