Ah, the Yak.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Ah, the Yak.

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:12 pm

I am really disappointed in this thread! :-\

I thought for sure that the Yak would receive a horrific verbal smack-down here, which would encompass several more pages of colorful and insulting vitriol! Oh, well....maybe next time. ;D
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Finny wrote:
northern_mantis wrote:I don't know much of the background to this situation but it's quite shoccking how much of a $£*! this guy must have been for an extended period of time.

We all make mistakes and can generally get through life ok with apologies, trying not to do the same thing again and acknowledging we're none of us perfect.

This guy must of made a conscious decision to do none of those things. It takes real effort to be this hated!

There is a lot of background...

like over a decade of background.

long story short - rumsoaskedfist used to be emptyflower - started by DDV and Felipe and maintained by a few other devoted brethren. It was a small forum attatched to DDVs design website, emptyflower.com

DDV could no longer maintain the forum - the Yak, who had only been a member for a few years, volunteered, purchased the copyright, started 'online bagua courses' and other assorted bullshit that the flower never stood for. I think he took DDV to court and tried to take away his original design website etc, but I am really uninformed on the details and could be getting some fine points wrong.

To shorten it even further to a point that I'm comfortable with my accuracy - HE STOLE MY FLOWER!

Sort of. It was more like he was operating under the Emptyflower name by David Dever's permission, subject to certain restrictions, like not being a commercial entity. When he violated the agreement, David Devere relinquish his permission to use the Emptyflower name, so Yak went and fraudulently filed for the copyright of the name.

I don't remember if it ended up in court, or not, but in all honesty Devere had a really solid case from what we all could see if he was interested in pursuing it. The resources needed to serve justice were not worth it and he let it go, much to our dismay.

So today, the Real Emptyflower is now called "Rumsoakedfist" and some charlatan is parading around like he's the real deal when, in reality, he's a total conman who got away with it.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby affa on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:14 am

16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby Buddy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Haven't been around in a very long time (and won't be for another one). So, just thought I'd bring this around for absolutely no good reason. :)
Have a nice day!
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 am

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Everytime I forget about that whole silly and sorry series of episodes, someone brings it up again. Stop, awready. We've gone over all that. I mean, what's more to say?

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 am

That he's a douchebag and if he's even making one red cent with his stolen bitch-site then he continues to rob all of us and we shouldn't forget that ever.

Time makes people forget and it shouldn't be forgotten that he's an amoral sack of shit who likely continues to cause people grief.

So, fuck him yet again.

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:32 am

Chris Fleming

Postby mrtoes on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 am

shawnsegler wrote:That he's a douchebag and if he's even making one red cent with his stolen bitch-site then he continues to rob all of us and we shouldn't forget that ever

The other site is dead. The other admin has just stepped down from lack of interest. Most forums have threads on the front page that haven't been touched in years.

I wouldn't stress it.

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:57 am

Nobody here is going to forget anything I'm sure.
I'm just tired of seeing this thread, personally... Plus, the man seems to love attention, and this is giving it to him, whether "negative" or not.

I think oblivion is a much better response, in this case, than the various FUs, pictures, etc.

FWIW
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 am

Before this thread dies a death I was wondering if anyone has the sweet artwork which used to be on the other site ?
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby DiaitaDoc on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 pm

DiaitaDoc
Anjing

Postby nianfong on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 pm

you mean the original site? David has it all archived up somewhere. We were trying to restore all the old xingyi info onto another URL, but David kinda dropped of the planet, as he is wont to do. apparently he's getting married soon.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:31 am

yeah from the original site. I like his artwork combined with the past masters etc...Somebody must have saved some of it ? I know I did but that was 2 pc's ago :(

Im gonna start a new thread for sweet artwork stuff etc..
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

My student, forum member Froggie, sent me this:

http://www.ottawakungfu.org/xing-yi/xin ... mptyflower

Haha, look at me. I was young.
Last edited by Felipe Bidó on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That