LKJ / empty force explanation

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: LKJ / empty force explanation

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:44 am

Wanderer wrote:If we take into account the phenomenal abilities of Sun Lutang, Yang Chengfu, or Wang Xiangzhai, just to name a few, then it would seem that these guys had INCREDIBLE empty force skills. Of course I can only go by what I've read about these men!

I know, right!? If we take into account the phenomenal abilities of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, or Darth Vader, just to name a few, then it would seem that these guys had INCREDIBLE empty force skills. Of course I can only go by what I've read about these men! No wait, scratch that -- I've actually seen them do those things! That's like so totally awesome, OMG!
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Wanderer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

Dmitri wrote:
Wanderer wrote:If we take into account the phenomenal abilities of Sun Lutang, Yang Chengfu, or Wang Xiangzhai, just to name a few, then it would seem that these guys had INCREDIBLE empty force skills. Of course I can only go by what I've read about these men!

I know, right!? If we take into account the phenomenal abilities of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, or Darth Vader, just to name a few, then it would seem that these guys had INCREDIBLE empty force skills. Of course I can only go by what I've read about these men! No wait, scratch that -- I've actually seen them do those things! That's like so totally awesome, OMG!

So according to your 'logic' if you personally can't see, touch, taste, or hear something yourself, it doesn't exist??? LOL I'm sure you were one of the knuckle-draggers in Pastuer's time who scoffed at the idea of bacteria because it couldn't be seen with the naked eye. And for the record I'm a skeptic too when it comes to martial arts claims and abilities, but I don't speak in absolutes with regards to possibilities. I might doubt the hell out of a claim but I don't make the assumption, in this case pertaining to empty force, that it doesn't exist because I personally haven't seen it.

And BTW dude, Wang Xiangzhai had a Japanese student who was an accomplished martial artist - Kenichi Sawai - who gave a detailed description of his first meeting, a challenge actually, with Wang. Long story short: Sawai describes in detail what happened, and it suggests this force is real. Summation: if Wang had these skills it's quite possible that the abilities of Sun Lutang or Yang Chengfu were genuine. Conclusion: Just because no one (that we know of) possesses these skills today doesn't mean that the power doesn't exist! To speak in absolutes means you absolutely know everything! Peace out!!!
Last edited by Wanderer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanderer
Santi

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Wanderer wrote:Sawai describes in detail what happened, and it suggests this force is real

I've heard the same accounts multiple times from multiple people. Here's one relatively well-known and "documented":
http://books.google.com/books?id=-66pC3 ... or&f=false
(click on the text to see the whole page)

I asked Rick Barrett (the author of that book) when I met him, if he could do anything like that, after all those years of practice -- he said "no".

Whenever I ask anyone if they can show me, the answer has inevitably been "no" -- and on those very rare cases when it wasn't "no", there was always some type of an excuse, with the most common one being, "you can get hurt, because you're not ready to receive this powerful and dangerous energy".

And I got tired of all the BS.
And when I saw this, and some other stuff from Mr. Brown, -- that finalized the end to my looking for that stuff, I finally understood what it was.

I remain open to anyone showing it (not that I'm holding my breath), but I'm not actively seeking it out anymore, like I have for a number of years in the past.

Just because no one (that we know of) possesses these skills today doesn't mean that the power doesn't exist!

I bet you can fly if you train really hard. Just wave your hands like a bird (or better yet, just levitate, it's easier on the shoulders) and go! What, just because no one (that we know of) possesses these skills today doesn't mean that the power doesn't exist!

I see that the "training" section in your profile says "Lin Kong Jing (several months)" -- may I ask who do you study with?
TIA
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby donjitsu2 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Wanderer,

It's like you said: you've only read about these guys and have never really seen them in action.

I'd like to think that those figures you pointed out had great fighting abilities and, thus, earned the respect so many of us give them but you always have to be cautious. The thing is, very often, exaggerations occur and some people rush in to eat up those exaggerations like they're the "God's Honest Truth". There was a time when I was the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there's a nugget of truth to some of those stories but I think things have been blown WAY out of proportion. And I still think that LKJ training is worthwhile (I'll explain why in part 3) and would encourage anyone to take up the practice to see if it benefits their current martial arts training (because I think it will).

Just don't be so quick to believe everything you read. The martial arts world is full of grandiose claims.
(Un)Caged Fighter - My Blog!

johnwang wrote:There's no such thing as "impossible"; there's only "you haven't trained hard enough".
donjitsu2
Santi

Postby Wanderer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

donjitsu2 wrote:Wanderer,

It's like you said: you've only read about these guys and have never really seen them in action.

I'd like to think that those figures you pointed out had great fighting abilities and, thus, earned the respect so many of us give them but you always have to be cautious. The thing is, very often, exaggerations occur and some people rush in to eat up those exaggerations like they're the "God's Honest Truth". There was a time when I was the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there's a nugget of truth to some of those stories but I think things have been blown WAY out of proportion. And I still think that LKJ training is worthwhile (I'll explain why in part 3) and would encourage anyone to take up the practice to see if it benefits their current martial arts training (because I think it will).

Just don't be so quick to believe everything you read. The martial arts world is full of grandiose claims.

Hey Donjitsu, I couldn't agree more about exaggerations, in the martial-arts business there IS a tendency to make wild claims, and I'm all for scrutiny, it's just that I can't completely rule out something based on lack of evidence. As I said before I'm skeptical about a lot of what is claimed in martial arts but I leave a small window open for possibility. The truth is, I have not met EVERY martial artist in the world, so I couldn't possibly make a flat out, absolute statement that something doesn't exist simply because I have no proof of it or because the people whom I've met don't have the ability.

The most I can do is to say that something is improbable, which more often than not I usually do anyway; just not a martial-arts absolutist. Another thing too: there ARE documented cases of Yogis performing seemingly miraculous feats that to most of us would seem impossible, so who's to say what humans are capable of, martial or otherwise? As Spock would say: There are always possibilities!

BTW I look forward to reading the conclusion of your LKJ article, veddy interestink!!! (to quote Laugh-In)
Wanderer
Santi

Postby klonk on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:06 pm

If someone declines to say anything is false, what does he mean when he says something is true?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:02 pm

I will agree that there is a subtlety to "empty force" technology but what I have seen as arepresentation of it is bogus. When it does show itself, onlty the ;master' can duplicate it and no one else hence my skepticism. I want to learn juggling so I pick a teacher who has trained others and I see he has done a great job therefore I study with him. Apply this to LKJ (aka empty force" (farce) and we never see a replication in any one of the students. This is common with these type of magic shows. No one can duplicate them convincingly!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby donjitsu2 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:56 am

Finally finished part 3!

The Truth About the Lin Kong Jing

Train Hard,
Josh Skinner

johnwang wrote:There's no such thing as "impossible"; there's only "you haven't trained hard enough".
donjitsu2
Santi

Postby Craig on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:46 am

seriously though, are you shielding?
Craig
Great Old One

Postby donjitsu2 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 am

Damnit Craig!!

You and Nianfong just keep pushing the issue. You want the truth? Huh?

Yeah, I was shielding. I'm still shielding. I'm getting ready to powar up and blast you fools!!!!!!! ;) ;D ;D

donjitsu2
Santi

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm

<cringing in fear> ;D
so if you and master shadow got in a kai blast fight, would he be able to break through your shielding?
Last edited by nianfong on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Re: Energy Shields

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Deluxe Energy Shield: Only $999, plus TTL ( Batteries not included. Accessories sold separately.) ;)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:48 pm

nianfong wrote:<cringing in fear> ;D
so if you and master shadow got in a kai blast fight, would he be able to break through your shielding?

ARE YOU DONE?!?!?!

Good.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Chris Fleming

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:Image

Extraordinarily BAD BREATH can be a devastating weapon indeed! And no physical touch is required. LOL ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That