Toward a Civil LKJ Testing Protocol

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Toward a Civil LKJ Testing Protocol

Postby klonk on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Perhaps it is sufficient if the examiner understands it is his job not to fall victim to any mind manipulation jiggery pokery. T'would be best if he thinks the LKJ thing is all tripe. Then successful completion of the test by the applicant would be certain to mean something. It would show LKJ works against the unwilling and uncooperative. That's the point we have to test, one way or another.

Even if the examiner is an open-minded sort who entertains the possibility of LKJ, he needs to understand that his role is to remain teakettle uppermost and work the stick as per the test plan, nothing more nor less. To avoid the possibility of the examiner becoming intimidated, and thus more prone to manipulation, he should not watch the LKJ master practicing his forms, which is bound to be pretty distressing.

Last edited by klonk on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That