Gu style Taiji ???

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Gu style Taiji ???

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:29 pm

LOL. I would say his meaning is perpicuous.
Chris Fleming

Postby Kolimbursi on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Dmitri wrote:
Kolimbursi wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba0UiaE2mo
of course this is no real traditional form

What do you mean?

i mean this form shown in video is not xxxxyears old, and was originally created out of my knowledge. so it is not traditional

the other vietnamese forms are from vovinam roots wich are traditional
Kolimbursi
Santi

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 pm

I see. May I ask if the tai chi form shown in the first post on this thread is "traditional", or did you create that one?
Thanks
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Kolimbursi on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Dmitri wrote:I see. May I ask if the tai chi form shown in the first post on this thread is "traditional", or did you create that one?
Thanks

i created this one to adjust to music and my own body feeling :) its entertainment purpose at same time.
as martial artist i think you must be able to create new, of course out of every movement im be able to show the actual combat technique.
Last edited by Kolimbursi on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kolimbursi
Santi

Postby Bao on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Kolimbursi, thanks for answering on the thread. That means guts. 8-)

I didn't post the clip with all bad intentions (only a little ;D ). I actually dont know what I should think about what you posted. You know, I also learned some stuff that was very uncommon, or actually I found that nobody else knew about. I have tried to find more about the exercises I learned, tried to find other people who knows the same stuff. But I found nothing. I don't even know if it's genuine, if the guy who taught it to me made it up, or if it's developed as a "family style" and actually have some history. But I like the exercises I was taught and frankly, the method behind it makes much more sense to me then much other "traditional stuff".

With that said, I, and many others on this board, have read tremendous amounts of stuff regarding taijiquan and chinese martial arts. I have never heard about Gu style. I've tried to google, but I found nothing. Please, can you write some more about your style and your teacher. From who did "Gu Dianyi, alias Yunyou Daozhang" learn Gu style? Do you have a lineage chart?

What you showed looks like a mixture of yang style and something else. Frankly, I don't understand it, so maybe you could explain it for me?
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 am

Sure..why should one conform oneself with being traditional? So what if the same thing has been done for hundreds of years, honed, polished, improved, proved, fought with, cured by, and on and on and on by generations of dedicated and passionate men who spent their entire lives at it, and carefully passed on the fire to the next group?

Its also good to be original sometimes. :D
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Minh on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am

Tire
Minh

Previous

Return to Been There Done That