A Question for the Moderators

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

A Question for the Moderators

Postby Bhassler on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Has anyone told you we love you? Seriously, I think you guys are doing a fine job. Thanks.

That is all.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Re: A Question for the Moderators

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:51 pm

+1000
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Yeah. Lately we found out that what happens in Montreal doesn't necessarily stay in Vegas, and the moderator team response was balanced and restrained. It's what makes this the best forum in its topic area.

Moderation policy is also a part of what makes a certain other board of overlapping subject matter suck a whole bunch, but I don't suppose we need to explain anything that would help them with Allie.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:42 pm

apple polish sucker uppers
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Ah, go on, Strange. Can you think of even one moderator here who does not disagree with my approach to politics, religion, martial arts or all three? And yet I am still here, because...Well, I dunno. Why am I still here?

Not because I kiss up, I can tell you that! I say things here that would not sail at all in some places...which shall not be named.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 pm

:D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:58 am

thanks guys. Not sure if the other mods have seen this post yet. One of the guys described it quite well as 'playing whack-a-mole' with troll baiters, but you still need to discern who's for real and who's just causing shit. I know I've never officially banned anyone until just recently and it was about 5 hours of back and forth with a few other mods getting their feedback and confirmations before going ahead on it, so there really is considerable time spent on whack-a-mole. Seems like some nights it's all quiet on the RSF Front, then I wake up in the morning and there's a 7 page thread from 2am til 8am with troll wars going on and you quickly put on your spiderman costume, log in, and start figuring out who started it all, is it still going on, what's the thread degraded to, etc... before you even determine what the minimalist response should be (usually just a warning).

That's right - Spiderman - cuz putting my underwear on the outside like Superman is just wrong. Plus, I have my mother's thighs.... *sigh*
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby meeks on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:05 am

and as a way of showing gratitude for the thanks....

meeks
Administrator

Postby SunLutang06 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:42 am

Now that's Gross!
I was just having breakfast ::) ;D
SunLutang06
Santi

Postby klonk on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:26 am

Eeew!
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:57 am

told you guys not to suck up
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:27 am

:D
klonk
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 am

i can sell you all some special jow based lube for your love in :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 am

that pic was posted in off the topic by Fong a while back...
meeks
Administrator

Postby Chris McKinley on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:21 am

Where's the rest of the clip? ;D

BTW....+1 on the moderation. A good forum needs neither anarchy nor babysitting, so finding the right balance is a laudable skill. To echo klonk, I left the other forum even before the whole blatant theft issue came up. I left because his Himalayan hirsuit beastiness made it extremely clear that traditional conservative patriots would no longer be welcome on his site and openly encouraged the derision of same on all of his forums. He told me he's going to spit in the face of every serviceman he sees from now on and I responded bluntly that if I ever saw that happen, I'd make the offender piss blood in front of his friends. Apart from that, and the thousands of dollars of marketing advice he stole from me to make his website more popular and lying to me repeatedly about the Devere trademark issue, I've got no beef, or should I say ya*, with the man.
Last edited by Chris McKinley on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris McKinley

Next

Return to Been There Done That