Shantung Black Tiger fist

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Shantung Black Tiger fist

Postby Coiled_Spring on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 pm

To have a Xingyi master for a wife, I am sure Master Meng had to have some skills to impress her for marriage and be safe during personal arguments ;) .

Black Tiger system seems to be a really no-nonsense, brutal and direct martial art descending from the Shaolin temple, which unfortunately suffered the loss of reputation due to secrecy and the popularization of other internal arts.

From what I understood of the bio of Master Meng, he learned only Four forms of the system for the first 10 years!! And completed another four forms after learning the Tongbei system. I somehow always feel that the more covert the art is, the more goods it possesses.
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 am

It appears that other martial systems have also taken something from Black Tiger.

Here is a Black Tiger form done by a Baji stylist :

Can anyone confirm it has always been within Baji Men or was taken from outside (Black Tiger style)?

And then here is the Black Tiger from Wan Lai Sheng's line:

Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 am

It appears that other martial systems have also taken something from Black Tiger.

Here is a Black Tiger form done by a Baji stylist :

Can anyone confirm it has always been within Baji Men or was taken from outside (Black Tiger style)?

And then here is the Black Tiger from Wan Lai Sheng's line:

Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 am

John: I like that story - I can relate. (BTW there has not been a day gone by lately that the Qingzhen restaurant doesn't come up in conversation - I treat a lot of patients from Taiwan and we reminisce about Taipei in the 60's and 70's and all the great old restaurants). When you refer to Huang Guozhen - is that the son of Huan Bonian? Very nice gentleman.

Coiled Spring: The name Heihuquan is given to a lot of forms in a lot of systems - its just a rather impressive sounding name. It does not indicate any association with Heihumen.
Last edited by kenneth fish on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 pm

kenneth fish wrote:When you refer to Huang Guozhen - is that the son of Huan Bonian? Very nice gentleman.

I believe you are right.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Out of curiosity, is there such a beast as a black tiger? Panthers I have heard of, but not tigers.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Andy_S wrote:Out of curiosity, is there such a beast as a black tiger? Panthers I have heard of, but not tigers.

http://underdogsanonymous.blogspot.com/ ... igers.html

Apparently, Black Tigers do actually exist, but they are rare.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:28 am

Doc:

You can't fool me, that's a tiger crossed with a zebra...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby XinKuzi on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:46 am

As far as I recall, all cats can be melanistic. Panther technically refers to the Panthera genus (lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars) but nowadays is usually used to refer to black, or melanistic, large cats (not just jaguar).
XinKuzi
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan