Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby johnbecker on Fri May 20, 2016 8:40 am

Living and working in Beijing for my sins. Not currently practicing with any teachers, just quietly working on the little I've learned and trying to patch up the gaps.
johnbecker
Santi

Postby Mianbao shifu on Mon May 23, 2016 8:26 am

Hello, names Paul, trained XIngyiquan for a few years (about 5), then got drawn into Taijiquan (for about 15 years). Got sick of taijiquan and now looking to see if I can get back to Xingyiquan. No teachers in my area, but I remember Wuxingquan.
Mianbao shifu
Santi

Postby Yeung on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:25 am

Hi I am Yeung, I did a post graduated research project on the pure eccentric movement in Chinese Martial Arts and I developed a health exercise program with impacts on the 12 normal meridians and the associated organs. My interest is in the fundamental issues of Chinese Martial Arts that do not use brute force 不用拙力。
Yeung
Wuji

Postby chud on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Yeung wrote:Hi I am Yeung, I did a post graduated research project on the pure eccentric movement in Chinese Martial Arts and I developed a health exercise program with impacts on the 12 normal meridians and the associated organs.

Sounds very interesting. You should post a video.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Yeung on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

chud wrote:
Yeung wrote:Hi I am Yeung, I did a post graduated research project on the pure eccentric movement in Chinese Martial Arts and I developed a health exercise program with impacts on the 12 normal meridians and the associated organs.

Sounds very interesting. You should post a video.

Thanks, I will as soon as I got the recognition of Holistic Therapist Federation in the UK.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Muddledpuddle on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello, My name is Jordan.

I've been practising martial arts for 3 years now. I try to study and practice everyday. I'm using the arts to combat depression and to help centre and find balance in my life. Currently I'm learning Tai Chi from Ian Sinclair and am learning a great amount of awesome things from him. A truly great teacher.
I have two brother's who mean a lot to me. I try to help them whenever I can.
When I'm not working, I enjoy writing, painting, and playing music. A pint at the bar after a night of studying is always a nice release. I generally have a pint and review my day.
I hope to improve my combative skills while mastering contentment of life, compassion for other beings, and expression in the arts.
I'm glad there's a site like this around with so many seasoned teachers whom divulge information which would take years to gather otherwise. Global Communications a wonderful thing.
Muddledpuddle
Santi

Postby richardg6 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi Lil mouse here. Practice Wu style TCC, Bagua, Yiquan. Started with Southern Praying Mantis in 1966
小老鼠
Xiǎo lǎoshǔ
richardg6
Santi

Postby Shishberg on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi, I'm Dave.

Fairly new to the internal arts. I started studying Yang style Taiji about 2 years ago. About 3 months ago I also started in Bagua (Jiang style, more or less).

In my younger years I learned some Hapkido, and as a kid I did Goju-ryu Karate.
Shishberg
Santi

Postby Serena on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:45 am

`
Last edited by Serena on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serena
Mingjing

Postby BeerlessBoxer on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:15 am

Hello everyone.

During my teenage years I did around 9 years of wadoryu karate and some aikido, but had waaayy too long break before starting with martial arts again. Few years back I started noticing my worsening physical condition becouse of lazy habits and computer work, so I needed to do something about myself.

So I started Yang taichi few years back with ITCCA (grandmaster Chu King Hung), but got fed up with the cultish atmosphere, pricing and too slow and ineffective teaching methods. During last christmas when I had decided to get more serious with my training and felt like ITCCA had very little to offer, I found RSF-forums and learned about Lü Baochun here in Finland, went to practice Yang and Chen taichi with him at the start of this year, and haven't looked back. I feel like I've learned a lot more actual taichi during these last few months, than I learned with ITCCA during the first few years. Also RSF has been tremendously helpful with my own personal path, with access to almost endless amount of information seems priceless.
BeerlessBoxer
Santi

Postby Pavel Macek on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:04 am

Ladies and gentlemen, hello!

My name is Pavel Macek, I am a practitioner of Southern Hung Ga Kyun. As our school focuses on practical usage (i.e. health, strength, and combat), it is named Practical Hung Kyun.

I am also involved in functional movement (FMS) and strength training (StrongFirst), and a MMA fan.

Looking forward to learn and discuss!
Pavel Macek

Practical Hung Kyun | http://www.practicalhungkyun.com
SIMPLEXSTRONG | http://www.simplexstrong.com
Pavel Macek
Mingjing

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:49 am

Pavel Macek wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, hello!

My name is Pavel Macek, I am a practitioner of Southern Hung Ga Kyun. As our school focuses on practical usage (i.e. health, strength, and combat), it is named Practical Hung Kyun.

I am also involved in functional movement (FMS) and strength training (StrongFirst), and a MMA fan.

Looking forward to learn and discuss!

Welcome Pavel. We meet twice in one week. I am the guang ping yang guy from StrongFirst.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Pavel Macek on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 am

Coincidence?

I don't think so, haha :-)
Pavel Macek

Practical Hung Kyun | http://www.practicalhungkyun.com
SIMPLEXSTRONG | http://www.simplexstrong.com
Pavel Macek
Mingjing

Postby Little_Spear on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 am

Hey everyone, I'm Myles. I'm fairly new to martial arts, and have been practicing Hebei Xing Yi Quan over this past year (mostly just San Ti, and Ying Zhou), as well as some physical conditioning striking wall bag, and some Xin Yi Liu He Nei Gong. I assembled a spear and have been using it for mild strength training as well (i think that is my favorite training emphasis). I hope to continue to evolve and adapt as long as my body and mind will allow me to do so. I also hope to forge some friendships and better understanding of the arts through discussions on this forum. ;D
Last edited by Little_Spear on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little_Spear
Santi

Postby Dospac on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:02 pm

I was invited to join the forum by fellow RSF member chud, who's been kind enough to begin teaching me xingyi and bagua. I have no prior training in the internal arts (unless you consider aikido an internal art). The only arts I've trained with some consistency are FMA (Inosanto blend and FCS kali), BJJ (blue belt), JKD/Jun fan (which includes muay Thai and western boxing), capoeira (no way I can do it at my age now), aikido, some kenpo and wing chun.
Even though I started training back in '91, life always got in the way and I've never managed to stay in one system or school for long.
Samo Hung's body with none of the skills. My power animal is the sloth. ;)
Dospac
Santi

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan