Jerry Alan Johnson biography

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Jerry Alan Johnson biography

Postby 100kilos on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:18 pm

This just came out today if anyone was interested.
[/url]https://www.amazon.com/Masters-Journey-Secret-Memoirs-Warrior-ebook/dp/B01LZTIJC8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475003749&sr=1-1&refinements=p_27%3AJerry+Alan+Johnson[/url]
100kilos
Anjing

Re: Jerry Alan Johnson biography

Postby wetmarble on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:46 pm

$40 for an ebook seems way steep.
wetmarble
Anjing

Postby 100kilos on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Yeah it does. I purchased it anyway and so far all I can say is that.....it seems interesting to put it mildly. He drops a lot of names like Ken Fish and Dan Miller. But a lot of his stories seem very far fetched. He mentions he had blue electricity shoot out of his hands and hit his first wife. I mean if yoda only knew. I only posted it if people were interested but will warn potential buyers it has some doozies of stories in there. Will post more of them if people are interested.
Last edited by 100kilos on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby 100kilos on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:52 am

Just a quick update. I skimmed through the book after I reached a point that he was using something like a voodoo doll to punish a student who stole his magical minerals......I shit you not. I am sure he is good at what he does and this is no way a knock on him or daoist Magic or anything but the stories sound too unbelievable even for me to entertain. The other things I ran into before I started skimming was, launching a master 20 feet with fajing and pinning him on the wall just below the ceiling of the room, having a psychic battle between two qigong masters in China that he won by making an energy ball and hitting the guy in the nuts with it, becoming park book nam student only because to save face of said master (suggested by our very own ken fish, which I hope he sees since he has been mentioned in his book. I hope Dr. Ken gets to read it if he wasn't informed by Jerry that he was even in the book). Did I mention the blue lightning? That happened because his first wife asked why was he was his time on training because it was useless, then he became a Sith Lord shooting lightening at her while she begged him not to light her on fire.........his response after all of this was this is what I can do. :o :o

Save yourself 40$ unless you want to hear about the journey to the east starring Jerry.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby cloudz on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:25 am

wow, sounds really entertaining :D
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:51 pm

100kilos wrote: Did I mention the blue lightning? That happened because his first wife asked why was he was his time on training because it was useless, then he became a Sith Lord shooting lightening at her while she begged him not to light her on fire.........his response after all of this was this is what I can do.

Does he mention what's in the 6 demon bag? Cause that shit will f you up.

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Rhen on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Baguazhang lineage FWIW

Rhen

Postby Rhen on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Rhen

Postby charles on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Rhen, which one are you on the lineage charts? ;-)
charles
Wuji

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:40 pm

I would appreciate someone sending me the sections where he mentions me by name. Years ago he came to study with me and also had me out to California to teach. He purloined some of my proprietary material which he then published in his "Master's training manual". We reached a legal settlement wherein he would remove most of the material and credit what remained. He was also not to claim that he was a student of mine or had my permission to teach any of my materials. As for becoming a student of Master Park - WTF? No, the story was he was claiming to have learned from Master Park (I think he attended a seminar). Master Park told him to cease and desist, then later felt badly that he might cause Jerry to lose face and said that he could become a student if he wanted to (which would have entailed actually studying from Maste Park and doing the work associated with it).
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby willie on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:43 pm

willie

Postby Rhen on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:00 pm

charles wrote:Rhen, which one are you on the lineage charts? ;-)

Not a student of him.

One thing that is suspect is why didn't he go to western or eastern medical school or at least acupuncture or herbs something like many martial artist will do? He went deep in Qigong only. Qigong medically is preventative, restorative, rehabilitative, but it is a very small part of medicine and can actually cause harm. It should be taught in conjunction with conventional medicine. A person with Cancer should not rely on Qigong, nor should someone with mental illness.

In regards to his training: he does mention a whole lot of folks on his Medical Qigong timeline including:
1991-1992 Qigong and Advanced Neigong Training – Shifu Park Bok Nam, Pacific Grove, Ca.
1991-1992 Qigong and Advanced Neigong Training – Shifu Ken Fish, Pacific Grove, Ca.

http://daoistmagic.com/medical-cv/

Bing Lee was also taught by Mike Bingo according to the words of Mike Bingo last year. Someone later said Bing went other places, but well...none of my business.
Last edited by Rhen on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhen

Postby 100kilos on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:36 pm

I sent you a p.m. Dr. Fish. Big trouble and little China is more believable than what I just read in Jerry's book. Could it be qigong sickness from improper training? It's the only thing I can think of after reading what seems to me a man that really believes in such delusions. It was cringe worthy at best like reading a madmans diary. Don't get me wrong I tend to lean towards the esoteric myself but when you start talking about shooting lightning and voodoo dolls I don't need any more red flags.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:16 am

Marital arts, and especially internal Chinese martial arts, seems to be absolutely choc-full of fruit loops.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan