Berlin Workshop

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Berlin Workshop

Postby RobP3 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:51 am

Play Fight meets Systema!

I will be teaching in Berlin in a couple of weeks, along with Bruno Caverna and Tibor Moravcik. It's going to be a great weekend, details at the link below

https://www.facebook.com/events/942107292565811/
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Re: Berlin Workshop

Postby I-mon on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:16 am

Sounds like a blast Rob! I have just recently had some contact from Bruno over the facebooks, he's doing some cool stuff, which I imagine would complement your own very well.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 am

I-mon wrote:Sounds like a blast Rob! I have just recently had some contact from Bruno over the facebooks, he's doing some cool stuff, which I imagine would complement your own very well.

Thanks, looking forward to it, something different for me. Yep Bruno and his people have some great movement, very fluid and strong

Someone sent me this today

https://www.facebook.com/bloghizzle/videos/545368405657280/
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Wow, that sounds really, really interesting as regards the theme and all three of you teachers, and under normal circumstances I would absolutely be there (seeing as how I live in Berlin, and I'm about a 20-minute train ride from the seminar venue). But from 16 to 29 October I'm on holiday with my family on La Palma, Canary Islands.....!!

Which is still :) :D 8-) but now also a little :-\

Rob, I hope you have a great time in Berlin! Shit, man, I wish I wasn't out of town...

But at least now I've found out that there is a "Play-Fight Club" in Berlin pretty much round the corner from me, which I'll check out as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Giles
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:00 am

Ah that's a shame Giles, but hopefully you can hookup with those guys and if all goes well I may be over again the future
Happy holidays!
cheers
Rob
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:00 am

Workshop went very well! There are some video clips floating around, but they are all on FB. Hopefully there will be an "official" clip coming soon
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

That would be very nice to see, Rob. (I don't do Facebook). By the way, I tried out the monthly "Play Fight" meeting here in Berlin a couple of weeks ago. I was feeling curious but also just slightly sceptical when I went there: I didn't know what mix of people and what kind of atmosphere I'd find and I was prepared to slip out again unobtrusively if I found that the event was a little too "touchy feely / explore the erotic side" etc. The origin of the Berlin play fight meeting, I found in some prior research, has a link to the BDSM scene and while I have no problems with what other people choose to do in this respect, it doesn't float my boat and the boundaries of my martial, dance and bodywork/therapy activities lie some distance away.
In fact I found that the atmosphere didn't go that way, and the great majority of people were down-to-earth and likeable folk and I had a good time. I was able to do some fun, easygoing to not-quite-so-easygoing rolling/wrestling/moving with a wide range of people. Sometimes more with a contact improvisation flavour, sometimes with a large partner who was aiming to get me squashed or pinned, although never in a way that got too bitter or grim. I was able to practice relaxing, breathing easy and staying supple under this moderate pressure and trying out a few principles and techniques. I was concerned that people might find me a bit too 'technical' seeing as how some guys (and gals) there seem to be in for a cathartic element as well, but in a feedback round at the end it turned out everyone found it fun to take a turn with me. So a good outing. :)

I hope you'll be coming back again some time for another seminar and with a little more advance warning I would be there if possible!
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:37 am

Nice one!

yep I didn't know what to expect, have never taught in that environment before. But, like you, I found everyone open to the material and very able in terms of their movement. So in the end I just taught the same way I do my regular guys. Hope to be back there next year.

If you get the chance, train with Bruno Caverna, you will enjoy it!

cheers
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups