Hong Kong Trip 2016

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Hong Kong Trip 2016

Postby Henry on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:47 pm

so going with a martial arts friend of mine to Hong Kong for 2 weeks in November. looking at going to a couple of the wing chun and chow gar mantis schools.
any other people you would recommend seeing and visiting? i am also interested in researching people who practice Taoist magic, ie wa fu or sun da "Spiritual Boxing"..

thanks in advance,

Henry
Henry
Anjing

Re: Hong Kong Trip 2016

Postby Henry on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 am

whoooshh Tumbleweed.

well trip has been move to october 24th to the 5th november. anyone know of any Kun tao schools or practictioners in hong kong or any teachers who would be worthwhile visiting and meeting in person?
Henry
Anjing

Postby Fubo on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 pm

I can't recommend any of the arts you're asking about beyond any google searches you'd be able to do, but I use to live in HK and know of some groups and teachers.

C.S Tang teaches Gao Bagua, Fu Bagua, Taiji, Xingyi, Yiquan, Longying, White Eyebrow and is a real nice guy. Even if the arts he teaches are of no interest to you, he knows pretty much everyone in HK and could probably point you in the direction of other teachers.

There's a Fu style Bagua group that meets on Saturdays behind the swimming pool in Kowloon park. I think they meet around lunch time or early afternoon, but don't quote me on that cause it's been over 10 years since I've seen them. As far as Fu style goes, they're solid.

Wu style Taiji is strong in HK. If you google it, you should find their website. I believe they have solid throwing curriculum, and some of them spar.

The Hong Kong Chin Wu association runs a Mi Jong Law Hon class that's very good. They have a very strong lineage in HK and a lot of their guys compete in Thai boxing competitions and do well. The Chin Wu also has other classes that maybe of interest.
Last edited by Fubo on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Henry on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:49 am

fubo, thanks very for the reply, having a snoop round, also one of my friends going with me has a family history in li gar and bak mei so we're trying to search out a bit of his families past martial arts relations and family.
Henry
Anjing

Postby Fubo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I see. In that case you may want to connect with CS Tang as he teaches Bak Mei, and will probably have some contacts and maybe interesting to talk with. He has a website which if you google you'll find, and I'd recommend emailing his to arrange a meeting. He's very nice and approachable, and has good English. I'm not his student, but did visit him when I visited last and had a great conversation, and he even deomonstrated some stuff for me. Have a great time, the food is out of this world.
Fubo
Wuji

Return to Request a Teacher