The Russians did it.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:16 am

grzegorz wrote:
windwalker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=751e6GHk3Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=751e6GHk3Us

if you can get past his presentation style
he does package and brings to light many aspects in one place
in a time line leading to the present.

Thanks, I am actually listening to this very podcast to understand both sides.

All things being equal the idea that Hillary as president means war with Russia is a bit of a stretch isn't it? These scenarios seem to put the full responsibility of WWIII on the US as it Putin were a saint only wanting world peace. It kind of reminds me of the world blaming the US for 9-11.

I appreciate the recommendation though. Dude is pretty right wing but actually a refreshing change for a Canadian. ;)

For me he has a way of bringing a lot of things to together, of course he has his own bias which at times tends to get in the way...hence "if you can get past his presentation style" In this aspect its hard to find information that is not slanted in either way.

If Russia was doing the same things on the border of the US
as the US does to other countries on theirs in many parts of the world, the US would and has responded to it as a threat.

Look at what happened with "cuba" and the actions taken to remove
or mitigate it.

Actually I dont look at it in those terms, Hillary vs Trump directly.
I do feel that as was pointed out she seems like an extension of present US polices.
I look at who ever was running against her, in this case "Trump" as a possible change agent, which remains to be seen should they
get elected to office.

I do feel that Russia from what I've watched seems to have a very clear outlook and policy towards the Mideast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy5F5nDuXYY
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:03 am

windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 am

As creepy as the last video is I don't think she reacted any differently than all presidents before her did in a wartime conflict.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks for sharing that.

I don't believe anything Putin said. Fair enough that the US, an outsider interfered, but his goal of peace in the Middle East? Then why is he bombing Aleppo after saying he didn't want to get involved in the Sunni/Shia schism? Also how does keeping dictators in power stabilize the Middle East? Are these people going to live forever? Also Putin is mistaken, could be a translation error but the Persians aren't Arabs.

Sounds to me like the same argument Putin gave for invading Ukraine but he changed a few names.

As far as Cuba yes Kennedy sent a fleet to stop the nukes which I believe president should and would have done. And yes, I agree that if were to try deliver nukes to Estonia we would set off WWIII.

Speaking of which Trump says he fully supports Poland as the perfect example of a perfect NATO ally so the US base Poland is probably going to go through either way.

If Putin hadn't invaded Ukraine we would not be in this situation. I believe the Middle East is the stage for the new Cold War a place where both sides can show their force as we did in Cuba, Vietnam and Korea beforehand.

By the way I love how Putin is concerned about keeping Iraqi territory the way it is but has no issues with carving up Ukraine.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:52 am

By the way a young man I work with who loves and listens to freedomain radio podcasts and loves it. He has been trying to get me to listen and wants to know what I think. LOL!
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Greg, there are interviews with Assad, Lavrov and Putin responding to the accusations that you've mentioned. Do you have anything to say about their comments?
Michael

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Michael wrote:Greg, there are interviews with Assad, Lavrov and Putin responding to the accusations that you've mentioned. Do you have anything to say about their comments?

I don't know. I don't watch RT Michael and I don't see any point in watching propaganda videos. I turn to history and their actions the ocassional interview thrown in.

Remember I am a UPS worker. I don't have time to go through everything but what Putin is saying doesn't match up with his actions.

My point was the Putin interview is completely preposterous. He starts by saying he doesn't want to get involved in a Sunni/Shia schism yet all they have done is support the Shia which is then oppressing the Sunni.

If I lived over there and were a Sunni I would probably join IS too. After all the methods of IS and their justice system is pretty much the same as what the Saudis do. I find it interesting that so many want to condemn IS without actually understanding it.

I am pretty much done debating these talking points for now because most of this we've already discussed on the Russian thread.

It looks like Hillary will be elected so I suppose I should become a hoarder and get ready for WWIII since that it what Putin claims is going to happen. What a lovely guy. I can see why he has so many fans.

Oh well if it's the end of the world at least pot will finally be legal in California. May as well enjoy what we have while we can.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:16 pm

By the way I am listening to hour long podcast so I do have skin in the game but I don't believe we need to RT to have an opinion.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:59 am

I can understand not having tons of time for this stuff, but I thought you might want to say something about Putin's, Lavrov's and Assad's answers to these accusations, and I don't think it has anything to do with RT as I'm talking about 20-40 minute unedited interviews where they answer all questions, most of which are not RT. The thing WW keeps posting again and again is from early 2013, I think. There's new stuff to discuss.

After watching Lavrov on CNN, I would love to see a discussion with him and Kerry to see how Kerry (or anyone in the know) would respond to Lavrov. I don't know if what he said is true about the agreement the USA and Russia had not to meddle in each other's domestic affairs and if the USA recently refused to reaffirm it, but so many other verifiable things give Russia more credibility than the USA on Syria.
Last edited by Michael on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 am

Just a cursory look.

I tend to agree with Russia's positions regarding Syria as I understand them at this time..ie .working with and allowing the present gov. to sort things out while not necessarily likening or supporting its policies. The US does not seem to have coherent position nor policy and has in fact destabilized the region. It's continually seems to be in a process tying to address past groups that it allowed or helped to come to power.

A never ending war.

IMO the US is very duplicitous in many of its actions and would not allow the same actions to be taken in what it considers its own sphere of influence and is actively trying to expand that sphere. The Russians are acting as would be expected in this understanding are pushing back..
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:44 am

Michael,

I don't watch them because I can't stomach liars.

The same when W was in office. Life is short and I got better things to do with my time.

We had this same discussion on the Russians thread when people were trying to convince me that Nazis took over Ukraine which was also nothing more than Russian war propaganda I am glad I didn't waste my time on those videos either.

Sure I could watch them but I would rather read a book or do something which is more productive or almost never have time for.

Feel free to present their arguments and I take them on here but I could barely stomach Putin and I refuse to watch him speak any more because I have seen all these men speak before on Syria and I want that time back. ;)

Last time you guys jumped on my back but I am just keeping it 100. I do my research my way and you guys do it your way.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:21 am

By the way when I lived in China some expats tried to bust my balls for refusing to get my news on China's internal affairs from CCTV9 and the China Daily. It still makes me laugh and I am sure now that they left China they realize where I was coming from.

I also don't watch FOX or MSNBC.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:36 pm

I am about halfway through the freedomain podcasts and I expected he leaves out a lot of facts and although he doesn't believe any of stories about Trump groping women and even jokes it which should not be surprise since he doesn't believe the stories, so fair enough yet he jumps on board and believes a Russian rumor that Hillary is a alcoholic. How is it possible that the Russians would know that? How much time has she even spent there for them to make that conclusion and how would it even be possible being that she's all over the world in front of cameras everyday yet there is no footage. Sure she may drink but an alcoholic? Come one. Oh yeah, the story is from RT which dude works for, right?

He also discusses how over the summer the Russians are convinced that we are in a state of war yet leaves out that this has been the belief for many Russians for the last ten years at a minimum.

Anyway I am still listening to it but I am finding a lot of holes and as usual he makes it sound like Russia is a peaceful nation that hates war, yet the whole reason that Poland and the Baltics want closer ties with NATO is because the Russians keep threatening war.

I am not saying the US is much better but I would prefer someone who sees guilt on both sides. But I suppose that does not do so well in sensationalized media which dude constantly rallies against.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Who is threatening a war with whom for what reason again?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic