Trying to create a Baji Wiki... Feedback wanted

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Trying to create a Baji Wiki... Feedback wanted

Postby kwameb on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Wow, it's been ages since I've posted here.
Hi all. I'm trying to create an easily accessible, central, English language resource for Bajiquan, simply because I haven't found one that's good enough yet.
At the moment, it's a personal project, so progress is slow, and it's taking time to finalise the style choices, separate fact from fiction (sadly I haven't learned Chinese yet... so that slows things down) and generally keep things going, but I'm trying to add/update an article or two every week, or add to what I'm hoping will be a comprehensive lineage chart (uh-oh... Politics! I'm trying to make it just for posterity but... Yeah).
Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone here would be willing to take a peek and offer feedback/criticism (I realise it is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from perfect, and apologise in advance)?
It is still very small (38 pages atm - several of which are placeholders/very incomplete), but I would really appreciate any feedback (even if you just say which parts are awful so I can fix them - hopefully you'll at least appreciate my aim, if not my execution). I've been trawling this board recently as a guest to glean info, but decided I'll dive back in and start posting again in an effort to pick your brains about things - sadly /r/bajiquan isn't enough at the moment, and I want to also move beyond the collective knowledge of those who I know personally offline.

So what do you reckon, can anyone offer a hand?
I figure I won't post the link until I double check it's cool (I realise this post could come accross as spam/advertising)... but if it is, I'll drop it in a reply.
Last edited by kwameb on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwameb
Anjing

Re: Trying to create a Baji Wiki... Feedback wanted

Postby bailu on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:15 pm

I'd love to take a look.

I don't have any knowledge of Bajiquan, but it has always fascinated me :)
~Medway Tai Chi Society~
www.medwaytaichisociety.tk
bailu
Anjing

Postby kwameb on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

BajiPedia
Again, forgive that it is so mishmash in places.
Last edited by kwameb on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwameb
Anjing

Postby san5324 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Why did you choose to use traditional characters? Its much easier for people to be found when you use simplified ones 八极拳. Ive been practicing baji since 2008 with my teacher who is from Cangzhou. You could mention that the power comes from the sudden opening of the hips and the sudden stops after your stepping ( always slide with the toes over the ground but with the heels lifted so you always have connection).
san5324
Santi

Postby taiwandeutscher on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Thanks for using traditional characters!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby kwameb on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi guys, I apologise for taking a while to reply.
Regarding the characters... To be honest I think I chose them to be more "authentic", as lame as that is.
In future I plan to have BOTH, like the proper Wiki, but I will work on it.

San, I am going to add that now.
kwameb
Anjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan