13 Wounded at Fort Lauderdale Airport

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: 13 Wounded at Fort Lauderdale Airport

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:44 am

He registered on MySpace under the name “Aashiq Hammad” and recorded Islamic religious music on the site three years before he ever deployed to Iraq. In 2007 he was posting on an explosives and weapons forum about mass-downloading Islamic terrorist propaganda videos. He also downloaded three songs – one of them titled “La ilaha illAllah,” which is Arabic for “There is no God but Allah” – the first half of the Muslim declaration of faith, the Shahadah. He lived within walking distance of Alaska’s only mosque.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/who-gave-thi ... eOL4Spl.99

How many times has this narrative played out.
The sad part about this aside from the the families that lost loved ones, or people injured,
is that he did go to the FBI. It's hard to say if he did not have a gun that it would have changed the end result.
A gun is only one of many methods.

My hope will be that the new adm. cleans house in the FBI among other agencies ...to many people serving to long making too many mistakes.

We are lead to believe this guy has mental problems, which I would venture to say that most people who
become "radicalized" probably do.

same story

But psychiatrists and officials who are familiar with the conversations, which continued into the spring of 2009, say they took a remarkable turn: Is it possible, some mused, that Hasan was mentally unstable and unfit to be an Army psychiatrist?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =120313570
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 am

I agree that a gun is one of many methods, but is sure is an easy way to kill a lot of people.

But, in this case, and some others, I simply see "radical Islam" as being the same thing: one of many ways to violently express mental illness. Dylan Roof found another one through Christianity (just take a look at his prison diary). Of course, I am less convinced that Dylan Roof is mentally ill, further detracting from your narrative that Islam is inherently violent or incompatible with Christian-->secular society.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:22 am

I have yet to read or see anything that would tend to convince me that “islam” as an ideology is compatible with anything other then it’s self.
“Radical” Islam describes those attempting to implement a very literal expression of their
“Ideology” / faith.

To point to christians and other faiths for those who attempt the same things I would also express the same feelings about them if they acted out the same way on a large scale.

Islam has yet to go through a reformation

“Saudi Arabia's 2015 beheadings the most in 20 years. The government has already put 151 people to death this year as rights groups continue to call for accountability.”
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/s ... 20862.html

Why would they call for accountability about people expressing their religion within their own countries, who would they hold accountable?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:31 am

Four Saudi men have been beheaded by sword after being convicted of smuggling cannabis into the country, the interior ministry has said.

The government-owned SPA news agency identified the Saudi men on Monday as two sets of brothers - Hadi and Awad al-Motleq, and Mufarraj and Ali al-Yami.

They were beheaded in the southwestern city of Najran, found to have smuggled "a large quantity of hashish" into the country. The government did not say when the executions took place. The beheadings raise to 32 the number of executions announced in Saudi Arabia so far this year, according to a tally by the AFP news agency.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/saudi-arabia-2015-beheadings-20-years-151110052520862.html

for "weed" come on ,
a little pot and one can lose their head :o
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:35 am

I believe China executes the most people, and that has nothing to do with Islam. Likewise, how many Muslims have killed westerners in the past ten years? Then look at how many Muslims have been killed by Western countries in the same time period. We are talking about a difference in the hundreds of thousands. I guess it's all about how you frame it and how narrow your perception is.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 am

Islam is a religion. There are many different ideologies contained within its myriad sects, and even more among individual believers--just like any religion. If you need clarification on what ideology is, I would recommend reading some Terry Eagleton or Louis Althusser, and not getting your definitions of complex philosophical terms from Miriam's or anti-Islam websites.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 am

Islam is a religion. There are many different ideologies contained within its myriad sects, and even more among individual believers--just like any religion. If you need clarification on what ideology is, I would recommend reading some Terry Eagleton or Louis Althusser, and not getting your definitions of complex philosophical terms from Miriam's or anti-Islam websites.

Actually I would say its you who needs the clarification. Its not my definition it is a definition that many commonly use,
like some of the top US Generals the ones tasked to fight it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology# ... pparatuses

"Islamist militancy poses an existential threat on a global scale, and the Muslim faith itself is the source of the problem, he said, describing it as a political ideology, not a religion. He has even at times gone so far as to call it a political ideology that has "metastasized" into a "malignant cancer."

It would help to provide examples showing this "ideology" working out for it's people or places it relocates to.

You seemed to have missed the main point of “chopping heads off :o ” focusing on numbers.
Maybe its the same.

If you feel its a religion of peace not an ideology I would invite you to
Smoke a little mmm, “weed” in Saudi Arabia. and see how it goes...just saying :P
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:19 pm

windwalker wrote:I have yet to read or see anything that would tend to convince me that “islam” as an ideology is compatible with anything other then it’s self.
“Radical” Islam describes those attempting to implement a very literal expression of their
“Ideology” / faith.

To point to christians and other faiths for those who attempt the same things I would also express the same feelings about them if they acted out the same way on a large scale.

Islam has yet to go through a reformation

“Saudi Arabia's 2015 beheadings the most in 20 years. The government has already put 151 people to death this year as rights groups continue to call for accountability.”
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/s ... 20862.html

Why would they call for accountability about people expressing their religion within their own countries, who would they hold accountable?

Tru dat!

When the US "Christian conservatives" (aka radical "ISIS christianity") uses religion it has more to do with an agenda of control (we vs dem) than with an actual expression of concern for mankind. If given a chance, they will use that power to elevate their POV shrouded in a religion that control others to keep the power base. All ths "isms" share that mode of thinking but the great part is that these people are voted into power and democratic feudalism will be the ruling class of how things be done and accomplished.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Wind,

You are getting closer with your wiki link, although you seem to not be understanding what you are reading. And, I'm not sure why I would look to Generals for explanations on religion, ideology, social theory, or philosophy. ??? I thought that would be obvious enough.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:19 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Gotta get my ears lowered. I'll be back.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Gotta get my ears lowered. I'll be back.

ha "old school"
haven't heard that in awhile ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Sorry, but I think those are all false distinctions. I only listened to half of it, as I can only take so much and also have a lot of reading to do.

Just for starters, of course even within Christianity there have been many, many instances of mass warfare (far worse than terrorism in terms of lives lost) over belief. Then, if you want to get into "race:" race is absolutely subjective, as we are all the same race. So no, I don't think that is a thoughtful, correct, or even very well constructed description. I don't think it's honest either, but then we come back to what he was saying in the other video about lenses.

You also avoided my question about death tolls as well as about executions.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:22 pm

You also avoided my question about death tolls as well as about executions

actually I didn't you just ignored it.
It wasn't the number more about the method used.

As to the clip... we have different ideas.

my point in posting the event was to track how the mainstream media handled it.
They did as expected....
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Again, you should think about your lens--a point you brought up. Why is chopping off heads worse than how we kill people here in the States? It's actually not, especially if we are talking about the chair or lethal injection. These methods are often akin to prolonged torture. '

And yes, unless I missed it, you didn't address the difference of hundreds of thousands of deaths. Who is killing who? And for what reasons?

As for the media, it seems like they are still dealing with it. Furthermore, what is the mainstream media? Do you know what the most watched news channel is?

Anyway, I agree that we have different ways of looking at things. I guess that largely comes down to experience, education, and environment? Maybe we could call it ideology? ;D
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic