THE STORY OF MASTER CHAN

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: THE STORY OF MASTER CHAN

Postby MaartenSFS on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:11 pm

WTF...? Are you guys sure that this has happened before? When do we put it out of its misery?
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Are you kidding? This really is the most awesome thread all year.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Ian on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:53 am

Does Master Chan have a full name?
Ian

Postby KEND on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:56 am

Could this be an elaborate hoax, possibly being revealed on April 1.
The perpetrator golden dragon y-y [why why]
Gplden dragon definition:[nothing about the Trickster there be very afraid]
Gold dragons are the most powerful of the metallic dragons, and the most dedicated to defeating evil. They spend the bulk of their lives in human form, seeking out evil and punishing wrongdoers to the best of its considerable abilities. Its typical mode of operation runs roughly along the lines of a sting operation: the dragon will listen for stories of dangerous or evil creatures or people, then reveals its true form and metes out punishment. They prefer to turn villains over to law enforcement if available, but will ultimately take whatever actions they deem necessary in order to see justice served. They are best summarized as the paladins of the draconic world. Gold dragons can often be seen talking and teaching their acquired wisdom to humans, elves and other non-hostile races. When forced to fight, gold dragons prefer to converse with intelligent creatures, using Intimidate and Sense Motive to gain the upper hand. Their attitude towards visibly evil characters is not as forgiving though, as it will try to eradicate any evil aspects in its territory. Gold dragons are the nobility and royalty of the metallic dragonkind. From hatching, they are instilled with a sense of order tempered with a benevolent nature. Some gold dragons, however, see the need to impose order on others from the good of all. This sense of doing things “for the greater good” can lead a gold dragon to become a tyrant.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:04 am

Mr_Wood wrote:Do you have a photo of Master Chan ? This would help complete the picture.

Master Chan is rapidly attaining legendary status. tell us more.

Funny you should ask. I saw him in 2004 or 5 I had bought one of those cheap cameras you bring in and get developed. He saw me photographing him and gave me a stern look that meant please no pictures.

When I got back to my home city. Went to drug store develop the film, left it there.

When I came to pick up the photos they told me the negatives was blank.

He can easily be described.

Master Chan is about 5 foot 2. His eyes are very bright, mystical and aware. He is balding tends to where a hat.

The most notable thing is a mocky burn mark about an inch long and oval shaped on his left forehead.

GD Y-Y
Last edited by GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y
Santi

Postby GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:22 am

Ian wrote:Does Master Chan have a full name?

Master Chan is all I know.

He did not teach with an open door, if at all, but this is unknown to me.. He lived in Bostons Chinatown a short walk from the Boston Commons.

I would follow him like a puppy dog into Chinatown and would then leave him in his privacy.

I would often go to kung fu movies in Chinatown and Master Chan would be there to catch a kung fu flix.

GD Y-Y
GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y
Santi

Postby GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 am

KEND said;

Could this be an elaborate hoax, possibly being revealed on April 1.
The perpetrator golden dragon y-y [why why]

Well now. I can tell you already:

THIS AIN'T NO HOAX BABY

Lets say I made this all up. I must be a freaking genius to cause such a stir on this, a very serious martial arts forum.

I knew just what your reactions would be, to the tee:

Skeptical unbelievable to wild to be true absurd no way etc etc and so on.

I will say 80% of you are coming around while some of you retain your angst for such a unique post.

Believe me, I too would consider this as you all have but I can say, I would have an an open mind, for sure.

GD Y-Y
Last edited by GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y
Santi

Postby RobP3 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:39 am

I too met Master Chan in Boston, saw him fight a Wing Chun guy called Chen. It was a long fight but in the end Chen won. In fact Chan got chinned by Chen's Chun. Luckily Master Chan was able to jump on a passing cloud to escape. Must be the same guy right, there can''t be two of them in Boston?
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 am

MaartenSFS wrote:WTF...? Are you guys sure that this has happened before? When do we put it out of its misery?

Dear sir or mam,
I appreciate your concerns.

Your flaw is the, (misery aspect).

There is no misery here.

This tale is one of the most magnificent things that could happen to a lover of kung fu to have his life being protected by a master with such a high leval of kung fu. Who could have asked for anymore.

GD Y-Y
GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y
Santi

Postby GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:47 am

RobP3 wrote:I too met Master Chan in Boston, saw him fight a Wing Chun guy called Chen. It was a long fight but in the end Chen won. In fact Chan got chinned by Chen's Chun. Luckily Master Chan was able to jump on a passing cloud to escape. Must be the same guy right, there can''t be two of them in Boston?

Cute. ::)

Almost poetic.

But

B.S. is always B.S.

;D LOL Rob3

GD Y-Y
Last edited by GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y
Santi

Postby GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am

From Michael P. Garofalo on Chan Seng Feng.

"So, we sometimes look to these fellows, real and imaginary, and ask them "So, old man, what have you learned that can help us?" We listen to their advice, and sometimes follow their recommendations. Sometimes we laugh at them and bang their copper hat. In moments of whimsy, religious fervor or desperation, we give some of them, like Chang San-Feng or Chang Po-Tuan, magical and marvelous powers - to disappear and reappear at will, powers to cause rain to fall, powers to prevent disaster, powers to chase away malevolent spirits, shamanistic skills, techniques for defeating our enemies, methods for calming our troubled souls, and amazing
skills at divination. Most important, and what intrigues most folks, is that these hermit seers might hold the secrets for living over 150 years in good health, or rising from the dead, or pointing to the Way for us to attain eternal life as an Immortal - a Chen Jen: Realized Being."

Much of the same qualities Master Chan has would be very similar to the legendary inventor of Tai Chi Chuan.

I guess we are to regards the legends of this great sage as hogwash and blarney.
I for one will not concede in my attempts here to speak the truth of my friend the great Master Chan.

GD Y-Y
Last edited by GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y
Santi

Postby RobP3 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:36 pm

GOLDEN DRAGON Y-Y wrote:
RobP3 wrote:I too met Master Chan in Boston, saw him fight a Wing Chun guy called Chen. It was a long fight but in the end Chen won. In fact Chan got chinned by Chen's Chun. Luckily Master Chan was able to jump on a passing cloud to escape. Must be the same guy right, there can''t be two of them in Boston?

B.S. is always B.S

It's all true. I tell you who else was there who can verify - Sifu Lee Nova (also known as "Super Nova). It was him who set the whole fight up - well actually it was his wife Eileen. She owned the restaurant on Tyler Street where Wing Chun Chen liked to chow and chat. I don't know if Master Chan ever went in there, see I heard he actually didn't need to eat, his chi was so developed. I think he must have once as local legend says Eileen Nova shouted at him "don't you teach your taoist air into nourishment ways here, you'll put me out of business!"

Did you ever meet Three Finger Wang while you were in those parts? He had mastered the palm technique I hear, though he was almost blind in later years.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:17 pm

A woman I know came across Three Finger Wang some time ago. She told me he could finish off any man or women using his palm technique extremely quickly, all in the flick of his wrist. She never spoke of Master Chan or his yin yang circular fist :o
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Fa Xing on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:12 pm

I literally just read this entire topic, it was the most entertaining thing I've read in awhile.
Dr. Troy Schott
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lead Instructor, Ground Dragon Martial Arts
https://grounddragonma.com/
Fa Xing
Anjing

Postby Finny on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:01 pm

Flashbacks to ACAMAC and good old Ten..
Finny
Great Old One

PreviousNext