super spiritual

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

super spiritual

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:11 pm

so I got this friend who is a pole dancer. she is also in this 'super spiritual' phase where she is having spiritual words tattooed on her arms and attending spiritual retreats where it looks like they just get pissed up , have sex, dont wash for week and come back spurting out how we should all love and hug each other more, and generaly looking down their nose at the rest of society, whilst elevating themselves up their spirtual ladder.

Now dont get me wrong, im all for self discovery and learning how to better ourselves but a lot of it is becoming very cliche nowadays with people attaining enlightenment after 10 yoga sessions and buying a juicer.

So back to the pole dancer, shes telling me how her legs and thighs are all bruised up from 'the pole' so I tell her about the amazing spiritual benefits and anti bruising properties of dit da jow which she had never heard of. So I send her the link and she tells me she cant use it because animals may have been harmed in the making of it. I showed her it clearly says only herbs and using animal bones etc. is illegal in uk, where this particular jow is made. she tells me she will reseach it as she cant put anything on, in, around her body where animals may have been involved.

At this point I give up. Rant over. Is it just me or does this 'super spiritual' thing needle anybody else or am I just a grumpy git ?

Unfortunately master chan played no part in any of this.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Re: super spiritual

Postby Bill on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:47 pm

You missed your chance to expound upon YYSI 16 Phase Motion (16PM) and how it relates to your 'daikon'.

Who knows where that might have led.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:15 pm

She's veggie too !! Great idea. Who needs YYSI secret phases or the aura when you got immortal daoist love magic :D
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Mr_Wood wrote:She's veggie too !! Great idea. Who needs YYSI secret phases or the aura when you got immortal daoist love magic :D

She uses a pole to dance, maybe she uses her other practices to live
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I know, I shouldn't poke fun, each to their own, just there is something very commercial about it all now which doesnt sit well with me.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby TrainingDummy on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 am

Lend her a copy of Chogyam Trunpa's Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism.
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:42 am

Yes it seem they try so hard, too hard. What is being spiritual ? If there are any spiritual people around they are probably not following any religion/sect, going to retreats and such, or follow a special diet.
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 am

When people become rich, the not particularly motivated become bored. They then start doing stupid s&@t to pass the time.

If you live in a first world country you are effectively rich by any measurable standard.

The good news is that after a few more years of questionable diet, bad lifestyle decisions and aging your friend will need to grow up and get a real job. Of course, that will be at the expense of having wasted her most vital years screwing around.

It sounds like she has embraced the whole "I live in society, but I'm not a part of society" line of garbage.

I've generally found that good for guaranteeing a life of poverty in old age.

I'd keep her at arms distance until she grows up.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Im having a dig at the whole 'industry' which has evolved rather than her as a person. she has her faults as we all do, its just an example, i feel no ill intention towards her whatsoever. I hope she finds what she needs, I just dont beleive the way it is 'packaged' for people who I think actually need it, is the right way about it. Its all a bit fake.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 am

not trying to make a joke here, but have you been friend zoned when you wanted more from her?

she may just be transitioning from 'regular life' to 'there is more out there than I realize' and still trying to figure out what is positive, what is negative in her life as the fog is still clearing. these retreats are generally for spiritual purification - this also means purification of thoughts as well as the physical, which means no sex... no flirting... and usually the people that attend these things are on a different wavelength than those that simply want to get drunk and laid for the sake of getting their rocks off.

Spend time at a few retreats and you'll realize no one is there for a sexual purpose. At the end of a retreat people hug because of the accomplishment, the brotherhood/sisterhood of getting closer to the real you, without the facades we put up to impress others, or to show a false side of ourselves of what we 'think' we need to show those around us.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Peacedog on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 am

A bit off topic, but every time I hear the phrase "super spiritual" I think of this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/user/AwakenWithJP
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 pm

not trying to make a joke here, but have you been friend zoned when you wanted more from her?

not really, although Im not completely against the idea, knowledge of her past and present means I keep myself at arms length.

she may just be transitioning from 'regular life' to 'there is more out there than I realize' and still trying to figure out what is positive, what is negative in her life as the fog is still clearing. these retreats are generally for spiritual purification - this also means purification of thoughts as well as the physical,

yes this makes sense. I know I am just being a miserable old fool and eveyone is entitled to follow the path they see fit for themselves, just I find there are those who use 'being spiritual' as a fashion accessory rather than an honest pursuit and those who are there to cash in on this trend.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Mr_Wood wrote: I know I am just being a miserable old fool and eveyone is entitled to follow the path they see fit for themselves, just I find there are those who use 'being spiritual' as a fashion accessory rather than an honest pursuit and those who are there to cash in on this trend.

Oftentimes have I heard you speak of one who commits a wrong as though he were not one of you, but a stranger unto you and an intruder upon your world.

But I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you,

So the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.

And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree,
So the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all.

Like a procession you walk together towards your god-self.

You are the way and the wayfarers.

http://leb.net/mira/works/prophet/prophet12.html

some thoughts ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Mr_Wood wrote:Unfortunately master chan played no part in any of this.

this is funny

meeks wrote:not trying to make a joke here, but have you been friend zoned when you wanted more from her?

this is possible

definitely sounds annoying, though, in any case.
Last edited by everything on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Peacedog wrote:A bit off topic, but every time I hear the phrase "super spiritual" I think of this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/user/AwakenWithJP

Me too. ;D

I recently met a local medical marijuana worker who was regaling me of her super spiritual fasting regimen, how she's DIED so many times whilst doing DMT, and that she can channel all these super duper saints and gods and goddesses. Trying to explain that ACTUAL DEATH IS DIFFERENT and the training required for spiritual paths is super intense flew right through her skull. She insisted that it was all the same and that she KNEW exactly what I went through. Uh yeah, not gonna hang out again if I can help it bitch - you have no idea what it takes to rip oneself from a crippled meat puddle to functionality again.
greytowhite
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic