Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:19 am

windwalker quote
now you've done it. :o
by admitting to such you've just destroyed and cred
you might have had... ;)

[img]http://www.ichikung.com/IHC_LowerDT_M.jpg[/ig]
http://www.ichikung.com/html/dantians.php

this talks about dantians btw...rather in depth...[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reading now. thanks. if im honest enough for long enough, you all might be able to see my true nature. who needs cred or rep? no one needs to read this shit if they dont want to. move it to off topic if the mods wnat. i am honest to my self, and i try to be honest to others, to a fault.

were you asking about what I think about my own practice that is out of the ordinary? a lot of it is, but my journey is not a common one i dont' think

It is dangerous for Medical Chi Kung students to bypass the discipline of Lower Dantian cultivation training in an attempt to move quickly into the more advanced intuitive and psychic training of the Upper Dantian (Shen Kung). Such an approach to training may lead to Chi (Qi) deviations and cause emotional instability.

this is what i'm concerned about.
Last edited by bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby Finny on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:28 am

bruised wrote:
just read the wiki but sounds like bull shit, but what do i know.... off topic

please explain why so ridiculous

I'm not teaching but sharing. not sure the distinction here, i maybe could be more sensitive to the difference. i'm ok with being strange and wrong. you seem to speak for a collective "WE". do you speak for all of RSF or MA or what? i have a reasonable basis that i have described. i don't' talk about discussing, i am discussing right now. explain why now, don't say you are happy to, do it.

I have explained why previously, and you seem to ignore or excuse your strange assertions.

Why is it ridiculous?

You are talking about simultaneously measuring "blood pressures in both arms" and aiming to "change the blood pressure of the arms without muscle flexion" and asking me to explain why it's ridiculous? You cannot measure "blood pressures in both arms" - you can measure blood pressure. You can't "change blood pressure of the arms" because there is no such thing.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:30 am

if i had two blood pressure cuffs and the readings were different, you still won't change your thinking. good day sir!

I have studied hemodynamics specifically. have you?
Last edited by bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:33 am

actually a better way to do it would be to hook up two arterial lines in each arm for real time arterial blood pressures of both limbs. I worked in a cardiac cath lab and know for sure that blood pressure in legs is slightly different than blood pressure in arms. some people have illness or constriction that makes this difference semi permanent all the time.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby Finny on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 am

Of course - and completely irrelevant to the supposed 'experiment'.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby robert on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:38 am

Hi John,
Kudos for posting a video, I'm not good enough that I would post a video of myself. Looking at your video of silk reeling warm up the things that you say you feel do not seem possible. You're very stiff; it doesn't look like you've had any internal training. You're not connected. This isn't meant as a criticism, it's just an appraisal.

Here is a video of Chen Bing doing silk reeling. Note the degree of fang song he has. Compare the video of you with this.

http://youtu.be/9Ai7Y9CU_Tw
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:49 am

robert wrote:Hi John,
Kudos for posting a video, I'm not good enough that I would post a video of myself. Looking at your video of silk reeling warm up the things that you say you feel do not seem possible. You're very stiff; it doesn't look like you've had any internal training. You're not connected. This isn't meant as a criticism, it's just an appraisal.

Here is a video of Chen Bing doing silk reeling. Note the degree of fang song he has. Compare the video of you with this.

http://youtu.be/9Ai7Y9CU_Tw

thank you for the view robert. you are right, pretty stiff. if it makes any difference i was focusing on right side hip to right shoulder, some very deep right channel stuff. you can see the trouble with my right shoulder i keep having. when i do silk reeling, what guides my movements is my breath, neutral positions and the first impingement i feel. my body just seems to move by itself really. if i don't expand out or am stiff, i think it's because that orbit had high tensions. i automatically slow down in these "stiff" areas and really just explore the tensions in the orbit i'm trying to complete or isolate. you are able to see my injuries (stiffness) because of the honest expression.
Last edited by bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby robert on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:07 pm

The Chinese have a saying - something like seeking the far, they missed the near. FWIW.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 pm

removed
Last edited by bruised on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby Finny on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Finny
Great Old One

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 pm

leo's chi pretty on point.

edit; notice his jaw movements. a beer on me: i bet he meditates and has high body awareness.
Last edited by bruised on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:58 pm

robert wrote:The Chinese have a saying - something like seeking the far, they missed the near. FWIW.

is the near how to fight better?

i seek excellent baseline to start specific training on how to fight better, but that is not my main goal. main goal: body feels clear, head feels clear.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby Giles on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 am

bruised wrote:
robert wrote:The Chinese have a saying - something like seeking the far, they missed the near. FWIW.

is the near how to fight better?

i seek excellent baseline to start specific training on how to fight better, but that is not my main goal. main goal: body feels clear, head feels clear.

I'd say generally, and almost certainly in your case, the "near" is not about fighting, but about learning to move with "heaven-earth connection", i.e. very gently raising the crown of your head and freeing up your neck, and simultaneously letting your spine and the tissues around it relax downwards through the sacrum and to the tailbone. "Hanging the bucket in the well" is another image for that. Then generally doing your silk-reeling movements in a slower and much more relaxed manner while maintaining this heaven-earth connection. While breathing gently but deeply, and with general body awareness, not focusing on specific 'energies' or 'energy centres'. This should gradually (!!) loosen up and simultaneously connect all parts of your body. After a few months of moving like this, preferably with direct feedback from a teacher, you might be ready for a next stage. Anything else is trying to run before you can walk, and can backfire healthwise as well.
Good luck, enjoy...

PS. My signature line is always this, not specially for the occasion... ;)
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 am

Where is that quote about near and far from? I tried to find the source recently and failed.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am

GrahamB wrote:Where is that quote about near and far from? I tried to find the source recently and failed.

It's in the Classic known as the "Treatise on Tai Chi Chuan" or "Tàijíquán Lùn", attributed to Wang Tsung-yueh (Wang Zongyue). The phrase is shortly before the end of the text. The translations come in lots of variations but the basic idea is pretty clear and consistent. (And of course applicable on many levels, for technique and for life in general).
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan