The Stockholm attack

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Stockholm attack

Postby Bao on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:07 pm

I was in Stockholm just a few blocks away when the truck crashed into the department store. The whole city was kind of shut down yesterday. I had planned to walk in those quarters, so if it happened half an hour later, I might have been just on the street.

They've found the man who did it as well as arrested at least four other persons with connection to ISIS or sympathize with them. So it seems like a group of people who wants to act for ISIS, a similar kind of group to that who planned what happened in Paris a year ago. Of course, this what happened now in Stockholm was a minor thing compared to what Paris has been exposed to. But these people are for real and there are probably many extremists around in Europe planning different attacks. No place in Europe is safe. :(

I seem to pick in these events... For a little more than ten years, the Foreign Minister was murdered, brutally stabbed in a clothes store. That happened in another department store close to this one yesterday. I was there when the stabbing happened and had visited the same clothes store just five minutes earlier. Then there was a terrorist attempt in Stockholm six and a half years ago, but the terrorist made a mistake and blew himself up in an alley with no other casualties. At that time, I worked in a travel agency just three blocks away. :P
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Re: The Stockholm attack

Postby Trick on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Bao wrote:I was in Stockholm just a few blocks away when the truck crashed into the department store. The whole city was kind of shut down yesterday. I had planned to walk in those quarters, so if it happened half an hour later, I might have been just on the street.

They've found the man who did it as well as arrested at least four other persons with connection to ISIS or sympathize with them. So it seems like a group of people who wants to act for ISIS, a similar kind of group to that who planned what happened in Paris a year ago. Of course, this what happened now in Stockholm was a minor thing compared to what Paris has been exposed to. But these people are for real and there are probably many extremists around in Europe planning different attacks. No place in Europe is safe. :(

I seem to pick in these events... For a little more than ten years, the Foreign Minister was murdered, brutally stabbed in a clothes store. That happened in another department store close to this one yesterday. I was there when the stabbing happened and had visited the same clothes store just five minutes earlier. Then there was a terrorist attempt in Stockholm six and a half years ago, but the terrorist made a mistake and blew himself up in an alley with no other casualties. At that time, I worked in a travel agency just three blocks away. :P

Kind of reminds me of a movie i saw some years ago- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195714/ . About the attac, as i understand the Swedish policeforce as been under some heavy criticim for some time for it's inability to solve crimes, but in this incident they worked very efficient, it could be due to that they supposebly held a drill exercise in that area just the day before the attac. Anyway they got hold of the suspect quick, however the same news comes up that the suspect used to be on the police radar but for some reason no longer was.....My thoughts goes to all the victims.
Trick

Postby Finny on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Horrible stuff. Glad to hear you're ok Bao.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:59 am

Just to get i correct, the Swedish security police and the Armed forces held a anti terror drill the day before the attack, it does not say the drill was conducted in the area of the incident. http://www.sakerhetspolisen.se/ovrig...ekampning.html .
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:56 am

Glad to hear you and yours are ok. Heartfelt sympathy for those who were killed in an obviously senseless attack.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 pm

I read today that one of Spotify's executives was killed in the attack.
chud
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic