Yongquan demo 2003

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Yongquan demo 2003

Postby GrahamB on Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 am

So, this has finally found its way onto the Net - I was in this demo back in 2003 when I was still young - ha! - I'm doing a broadsword form (I can no longer remember), breaking a tile in the air and some other things. It is what it is - some of it is ok, some of it hasn't aged so well... ;D

Interesting iron palm demo at 45 minutes from Donald, breaking a granite pebble - then an iron head thing after that from Doug. Since I was in this demo I know that none of the materials were tampered with - it's all kerb stones and proper bricks.

What's more interesting (to me) is that at the end of the video you can see us training for the demo - I particularly like the last bit where Doug is practicing the 'press' - Ji - technique to a line of people. He does a bit of a crap go at it (too much Li) , so Donald starts moaning to him (they're like an old married couple), then does an absolutely perfect version of what it should be - minimal effort, big results. There you go - the real internal (tm) caught on film ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTKLz7fhz0

Last edited by GrahamB on Fri May 05, 2017 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Yongquan demo 2003

Postby wiesiek on Tue May 09, 2017 1:37 pm

`cause you`re NOT wearing silk pijamas above demo doesn`t count as the TCMA demo,
so
it is the reason of lo number of comment,,, :)
seriously- nice presentation of the style - chick should be quite good after almost 15 more years - if she is still practising.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Re: Yongquan demo 2003

Postby wiesiek on Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am

He is Basilian ground work wizard now, as I recall gossips :D
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Return to Video Links