Taiji??? vs. Sanda

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiji??? vs. Sanda

Postby Trip on Fri May 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Here’s another one.
I don't know if this guy knows Taiji or not.
But, I can say what happens to him is very sad.
Those who did it to him are Not good people.
So, if you’re Squeamish watch out for the end.
It’s pretty mean.
They do next to nothing to help the fallen.

No matter what he claimed it's easy to see the man was not prepared.
I couldn't do that to someone who couldn't fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZAFJpXeDrc
Last edited by Trip on Fri May 12, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trip
Wuji

Re: Taiji??? vs. Sanda

Postby Subitai on Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 pm

And of course...the creator of that YT video chose a Tai Chi Fantasy clip from not only a Kung Fu parody movie (Kung fu Hustle) but a Comedy parody at that! Even with the word "Fantasy" of course, the implication is to condemn all taiji.

And of course...the supposed TC guy is completely unqualified and unprepared for that level of violence.

Not meaning you specifically Trip... but I can't for the life of me understand this new wave of people discussing the whole MMA vs Tai Chi thing. DID everyone forget the 90's ??? Hasn't it been proven that kung fu sux and that all fights go to the ground???

That BJJ is the best and Hoyce will choke everyone? There, problem solved...there was nothing to learn. ::) :P
Subitai
Huajing

Postby wayne hansen on Fri May 12, 2017 11:39 pm

It's interesting watching people jump on each side of the bandwagon on this one
I have no doubts that tai chi works because when I have needed it ,it has been there
I know I would never beat a professional fighter but neither would most martial artists
Most of those saying tai chi doesn't work are people who have never gone down the tai chi path to any degree
It's easy to blame the art and not the self
Get a good teacher,train harder real tai chi won't fail
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Trip on Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 am

wayne hansen wrote:...I have no doubts that tai chi works because when I have needed it ,it has been there...

There's something that disturbs me about this video.
I can’t accurately put my finger on what that is.

I think for me, this beating is not about whether Taiji works. Or, whether Taiji is a fantasy.
I’m more concerned about this particular man being beaten.

In the other one, the Taiji Guy that Xu beat up was just out of his league.
His skills were not as good as his opponent.

This guy though...
I’m not really sure he was there to fight.
Even though he’s standing opposite from the other guy whose clearly got his fist up.
But he seemed oddly comatose. I could even say Zombie like.

There’s no, friends, no students with him.
Was he the janitor? A drunk off the street?

I could be wrong.
It’s possible I’m making too much out of it.
Maybe he is just a guy who lost a fight.
Whatever it was, my heart leans in the direction of what happen to him was not right.
I’m not sold that man deserved what happened to him.
Last edited by Trip on Sat May 13, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trip
Wuji

Postby leifeng on Sat May 13, 2017 5:13 am

I remember watching that a few years ago on Chinese websites and there was no mention of taiji. It was about a drunk guy or something like that.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Sat May 13, 2017 6:35 am

Sure was brave to invite the helpless guy back on the floor just to kick him in the head. Took a lot of balls. The part where he celebrates while the other guy is flat on his face also shows his high level of sanda training.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sat May 13, 2017 6:42 am

leifeng wrote:I remember watching that a few years ago on Chinese websites and there was no mention of taiji. It was about a drunk guy or something like that.

Looks like somebody dug up the clip after the recent incident and decided to further make a mockery of Taiji.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat May 13, 2017 6:45 am

C.J.W. wrote:
leifeng wrote:I remember watching that a few years ago on Chinese websites and there was no mention of taiji. It was about a drunk guy or something like that.

Looks like somebody dug up the clip after the recent incident and decided to further make a mockery of Taiji.

why post it here? I don't quite get the point....why not post clips of what ever "x" style in use showing examples of it
working...why the focus on it not working.

Something that most here say they practice seems kind of
strange...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trip on Sat May 13, 2017 1:47 pm

windwalker wrote:...why the focus on it not working.

If this is for me
I not totally clear on what the “it” is that you think I’m focusing on.
If you mean, I’m focusing on Taiji not working, that belief would be incorrect.

If the post is not directed at me, then disregard my reply.
Trip
Wuji

Postby Trip on Sat May 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for clearing things up for me.
It's appreciated. :)
Trip
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Most people have never been taught the na, shuai, etc of taijiquan so it makes sense that there exists deficiency in conditioning, reality based hits or even falling to the ground.
The most seen visual of taiji fighting are those fellows who repel 5,5,6, etc people without touching them and that is shameful and makes a laughingstock of the potential of what martila taijiquan is. Jus sayin ;D ???
Sanda is specific where elemetns of grappling, throwing, etc exists as part of function and utility.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Subitai on Sat May 13, 2017 5:08 pm

yeniseri wrote:Most people have never been taught the na, shuai, etc of taijiquan so it makes sense that there exists deficiency in conditioning, reality based hits or even falling to the ground.
The most seen visual of taiji fighting are those fellows who repel 5,5,6, etc people without touching them and that is shameful and makes a laughingstock of the potential of what martila taijiquan is. Jus sayin ;D ???
Sanda is specific where elemetns of grappling, throwing, etc exists as part of function and utility.

You talking about this kinda WOO WOO???
Subitai
Huajing

Postby windwalker on Sat May 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Just wondering what is it that you see in the clip posted.
When people talk of Center what do they mean by this, how can they move it, if it can be moved how is this done.

The many other things mentioned are all examples of a method and process in use. Much as in those that break bricks rocks and other things, demonstrate a method and process of delivering energy to an object.

A little more understandable by most and yet still questioned by some and faked by a few.

Both are not examples of fighting.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat May 13, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Subitai on Sat May 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi Windwalker,

If you are asking me specifically. I was just responding to the Text yeniseri wrote, that I highlighted in LARGE size.

IMO, it's videos like that in particular that give the impression of "...a laughingstock of the potential of what martila taijiquan is..."

P.s. Although he spelled martial wrong (least it seems that way), but I didn't want to correct it...he was probably just typing quickly and it happens.
Subitai
Huajing

Postby windwalker on Sat May 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Subitai wrote:Hi Windwalker,

If you are asking me specifically. I was just responding to the Text yeniseri wrote, that I highlighted in LARGE size.

IMO, it's videos like that in particular that give the impression of "...a laughingstock of the potential of what martila taijiquan is..."

P.s. Although he spelled martial wrong (least it seems that way), but I didn't want to correct it...he was probably just typing quickly and it happens.

Just a gen, comment. Not really to anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdPCLDTp20

For those looking, watch the "dantien" area see how its used in this case.
In each time notice the movement. It's more noticeable towards the end of the clip.
Understood "it's not fighting" just as breaking rocks and things is also "not fighting"

If one wants to understand it using physics, I would suggest wave dynamics might be a good start.

As with many things, there is the skill and how to use the skill.
some have the skill but may not really have the usage part of it yet.
Confusion in this, bad mistake to make.

Braking rocks and things people tend to respect it a little more feeling they
can understand it.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat May 13, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links