Ghost stories or weird stuff

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Ghost stories or weird stuff

Postby everything on Thu May 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Anybody got any good stories?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Ghost stories or weird stuff

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 11, 2017 8:12 pm

You might like this, my first published work of fiction, an homage to MR James and HPL :)
Available direct or via Amazon
https://innsmouthgold.selz.com/categories/books

Last edited by RobP3 on Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu May 11, 2017 8:17 pm

RobP3 wrote:You might like this, my first published work of fiction, an homage to MR James and HPL :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6z_tFz ... e=youtu.be

wow,,,scary just looking at the clip :o
good video set up ;)

very "old school" I mean this in a good way
Last edited by windwalker on Fri May 12, 2017 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Fri May 12, 2017 6:40 am

I was in the top 30 amongst 365 submissions for an anthology with "wierd" stuff stories. I think that 22 stories made it. I am satisfied with the comments from the editor, but it hasen't been published so I don't know if I dare sharing it. Maybe I can give you the text in a PM...? Will think about it.... Anyway, the anthology is out now, called A Haunting of Words. I've read a few rejected stories, they were really, really good. So I think it might be worth checking it out. I will order it soon.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri May 12, 2017 9:44 am

This site, Wuxia Dream, has some weird Wuxia stories...like this one:

https://wuxiadream.net/category/god-of-slaughter/
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Wow, a lot of creative talent here. It's always interesting to find out what other cool, interesting stuff RSF people do that isn't MA-related. Congrats, RobP3 and Bao on your writing, published or not.

I know some 2nd hand stories and one first-hand one. Not really scary but still. Here's one.

My brother-in-law was out West in Colorado or somewhere once with some group of other young people. Maybe they were on a ski vacation or something. I believe he was sleeping in a living room. In the middle of the night, the television flickered on and he turned it off. Later he thought he saw some other weird thing - like someone (but not one of his group) looking at him maybe - out of the corner of his eye, but he just closed his eyes again and went to sleep. Now, he seems to have blotted it out of his memory, but we remember his story (from when he told us) pretty well. It would be really interesting to go back to this place (no idea where).
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat May 13, 2017 2:05 am

My Father in his younger days lived for two years in Brazil, he brought home a lot of stuff especially art work. One piece of art where the motife was made of colorful butterfly wings was hung up in my room 'for a very short time'. The art dealer my father bought that picture from told my father that within that picture was another world which one could se into, if one was rightly 'tuned in'??? So, when i was five/six years old, i during a couple of nights saw this pitch black tall figure seemingly dressed in a long coat or cape and wearing a hat slowly stepping out of the wall where the butterfly picture hang, i was of course very affraid and felt paralyzed, but the figure always just stood there. The fourth night or so i gather courage and called for my parents, when they came to my room the dark figure was gone. I explained it all to them and the i was convinced the butterfly picture was the source of my encounter with the dark entity or what ever it was. The art work was removed from my room and later from the apartment, and i never saw the dark figure again. About two year ago i began for some reson to think about this incident and went online to look it up, and i found that more people have also seen the same dark figure, and especially when they was about the same age that i was when i had this encounter. http://thehatmanproject.com. http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/09/a ... e-hat-man/ http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/12/b ... e-hat-man/
Trick

Postby everything on Sat May 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Around age 12 we went on this school field trip. The teachers told us a ghost story around the camp fire about this lady in a white dress. That night I woke up and had to pee, but I looked over toward the restrooms and there was like this white shape --- probably a sheet or whatever prank by the teachers or kids --- that freaked me out enough that I didn't bother going to pee until morning. I still don't know who put whatever there. Now I need to find out.
everything
Wuji

Postby leifeng on Sat May 13, 2017 8:18 pm

I learnt astral projection when I was in high school, so I have a ton of stories. In my experience many of our dreams are influenced by entities so if you become sensitive enough you may become aware of them in the middle of a dream and see them in your room standing close to your body. The scariest thing that happened to me was when I had a dream about me and other people clapping and singing around a fire. Suddenly I sensed an evil entity and then I was in my room experiencing sleep paralysis. There I saw the entity that was creating the illusion. He got angry and asked me to continue clapping. I tried to move but I was completely paralyzed. Then he started to tear my energy and put his hand in my abdomen. I managed to wake myself up but the next day I had a lot of pain so I went to hospital and had an appendectomy.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby everything on Sun May 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Wow that is very scary alright. I don't think I want to learn that much sensitivity.
everything
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Mon May 15, 2017 12:53 am

RobP3 wrote:You might like this, my first published work of fiction, an homage to MR James and HPL :)

Cool! I like both authors. Maybe will check it out sometime. Too bad, there is no example available.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Snork on Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 am

Here's a thread of ghost/weird stories. Nurses always see the weirdest things: http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/whats-your-best-108202.html
Snork
Anjing

Postby everything on Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 am

Thanks really interesting thread.
everything
Wuji

Postby JoeWood on Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 am

About 2 years ago I was helping a friend move back into his childhood home that he inherited after his dad died. There were a couple of other of our mutual friends there helping with the move. He was giving us the initial tour from the front door to the basement where we were going to carry most of his boxes to be put for storage. While walking, he was telling us that his mom always swore that the house was haunted. The three of them went down the steps first and I followed. About halfway down the stairs I felt a cold chill shiver through my spine then all of a sudden the lights went out. When I turned the lights back on I saw that none of them were near a switch & they all accused me of killing the lights to mess with them. Nothing else weird happened that day.
JoeWood
Anjing

Postby everything on Wed May 17, 2017 12:57 pm

That would definitely freak me out.
everything
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic