Phoenix, Arizona, USA Practice Group for Kenny Gong's Xingyi

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Re: Phoenix, Arizona, USA Practice Group for Kenny Gong's Xingyi

Postby greytowhite on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:50 pm

JMontalbano wrote:Shinging the body down was never a term Kenny Gong ever used. "Sifu" Lloyd does not understand the wood element as taught by Kenny Gong. No wonder since he never met or studied with Kenny Gong. The statement that it does not come from the feet, but comes form the center is also erroneous. Know I'll probably be banned from this site for these comments, but these statements by "Sifu" Lloyd totally misrepresent what Kenny Gong ShingYi is all about.

And yet, Lloyd has video of Kenny Gong using those exact words as well as video of himself in class... ::) For some reason you seem intent on slandering Lloyd from afar and won't touch hands with the man even when he shows up at your door.

Anyway, Lloyd is the most skilled internal stylist I've encountered so far and his son is quite skilled as well. Anyone need only touch hands with him or his son to understand why I study with the man. We are currently working on a distance learning program as well as doing the local practice group. Currently I'm working on a site for the local school as well as the distance learning.

http://xingyibagua.com/
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Well, I'm done training with Lloyd - I'm going to explore taiji and aiki again. I don't have the patience required for learning this system.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby CrushingFist on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm

greytowhite wrote:Well, I'm done training with Lloyd - I'm going to explore taiji and aiki again. I don't have the patience required for learning this system.

what happened?
CrushingFist
Santi

Postby greytowhite on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I had the privilege to practice with the Han Family Yiquan group in Sacramento and I feel as if Lloyd's teachings are too form-based for my liking. I'm much more interested in training Yiquan now and feel that it is a better use of my time. Too bad there aren't any Yiquan groups here in Phoenix. Lloyd is still generously teaching his understanding of the xingyibagua - I just don't care to work that hard for qualities that I can train plainly and systematically.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:46 pm

greytowhite wrote:I had the privilege to practice with the Han Family Yiquan group in Sacramento and I feel as if Lloyd's teachings are too form-based for my liking. I'm much more interested in training Yiquan now and feel that it is a better use of my time. Too bad there aren't any Yiquan groups here in Phoenix. Lloyd is still generously teaching his understanding of the xingyibagua - I just don't care to work that hard for qualities that I can train plainly and systematically.

Did you see the two videos in the 5 Ancestors Fist thread? Nice stuff. And they were having fun sharing it.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby CrushingFist on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:00 pm

greytowhite wrote:
JMontalbano wrote:Shinging the body down was never a term Kenny Gong ever used. "Sifu" Lloyd does not understand the wood element as taught by Kenny Gong. No wonder since he never met or studied with Kenny Gong. The statement that it does not come from the feet, but comes form the center is also erroneous. Know I'll probably be banned from this site for these comments, but these statements by "Sifu" Lloyd totally misrepresent what Kenny Gong ShingYi is all about.

And yet, Lloyd has video of Kenny Gong using those exact words as well as video of himself in class... ::) For some reason you seem intent on slandering Lloyd from afar and won't touch hands with the man even when he shows up at your door.

Anyway, Lloyd is the most skilled internal stylist I've encountered so far and his son is quite skilled as well. Anyone need only touch hands with him or his son to understand why I study with the man. We are currently working on a distance learning program as well as doing the local practice group. Currently I'm working on a site for the local school as well as the distance learning.

http://xingyibagua.com/

greytowhite wrote:Well, I'm done training with Lloyd - I'm going to explore taiji and aiki again. I don't have the patience required for learning this system.

So guess the most skilled internal stylist didn't meet your requirements ?
CrushingFist
Santi

Postby greytowhite on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Lloyd has something very special that most others in the internal arts do not. His son Shawnee is very skilled as well and together they have developed some newbies in the past three years into people with very solid foundations. That said, he is a very difficult person to get along with and some of his students are not to my liking. I'm still working on the system and attend classes on occasion with other instructors locally. Went to some aiki and Eskrima seminars this year. Skill is enough to draw students but a teacher also has to be the kind of person a student wants to learn from and sticking around year after year is difficult with someone like him. There's weird energy around the guy. He's very knowledgeable but "popped" himself meditating or maybe trespassed on some esoteric ground he didn't have permission.
greytowhite
Wuji

Previous

Return to Request a Teacher