New style of Tai Chi

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

New style of Tai Chi

Postby Appledog on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:20 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Re: New style of Tai Chi

Postby GrahamB on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:41 am

Do you have a video of your Taichi?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Niall Keane on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:49 am

One of the selling points is that I would guarantee that people would be able to feel and use their chi within the first six months of training at my school -- or they would get their money back. I would also promise that they would achieve some competence at fighting -- again, with a money back guarantee. I think that would be a great eyecatcher in the TCC community, a school that could offer that might become popular.

Wow... the level of arrogance and pure delusion is astounding!

I've read quite a few of your posts now... you admit not being inside-the-door, you admit not having more than forms and tuishou drills, you have failed to produce any evidence of martial ability, as in "fighting"... yet you're talking about setting up a school, not to offer the old and infirm a exercise regime with a bit of esoteric nonsense like many do, no... you're going to guarantee that after 6 months people wil be competent fighters???
Now, I've been coaching fighters for 15 plus years... I've trained many international champs and I'm the national sanda coach... one might say I've some experience in the area?
I have actually trained a handful of lads to be successful in international sanda "open, smaller comps" in 6 months... those lads were already well accustomed to violence form their backgrounds and put in herculean efforts, training 4-6 hours a day, 6 days a week... those kind of people come by once every 5-10 years!!!

But you're going to guarantee Average Joe that he'll be not only fluent in timing, angle and range, but will have a tai chi flavour to his skills, with what? 2-3 1.5hr classes a week?

I don't know pal?

Either you're a troll, rightly taking the royal piss out of some of the martial ignorance among a great number of nei jia hobbiests?

Or if genuine? Given you are so self-assured about it all - you're ability to deliver a superior "product" without the background? As in, you don't seem to feel or understand the expertise of coaching for combat (it is expertise!) is a serious undertaking demanding years of experience to even become aware of all of the different aspects? No, you seem to believe that your genius allows you to skip ahead of all us dumb coaches who have been at it for years? Clearly you feel no responsibility for your would -be students should your untested method fail? I actually, truly now wonder does your unbelievable level of arrogance stem from psychopathy?

Are you off your meds???

You are not alone of course.. saddly... we (who have the experience) have all witnessed the idiot "coach" with zero personal experience, who has set up a school, conned his students in to believing that are training for combat, and when they enter (the coach never does) a full contact competition they get absolutely and dangerously destroyed!!! usually hospitalized. Fighting is serious business!!!! how would yo feel is a student was paralyzed of killed? Would it even matter to you? Or would you blame the student for not using their chi properly?
My Sifu witnessed two athletes killed in HK back in the day, one form a kick to the neck. I've witnessed some devastating injuries being delivered, I myself have broken opponent's arms twice, femur once, ribs several times, cheekbone, nose several times, jaw... etc... I always checked up on them after, your opponent's are wonderful teachers, we owe them respect, but the CUNT of a coach who feeds trusting athletes to the lions to indulge their own Walter Mitty fantasy about being a gungfu badass needs to be imprisoned in my view!

And if the answer is, its not about combat sports and beating combat sport athletes, well then, surely its better for a student to discover if they can actually cope with that level of violence, with a ref and their corner ready to throw in the towel compared to a "street" encounter where the safety is off???
Last edited by Niall Keane on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Emperor has no clothes on!
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:49 am

Along with what Niall, said in terms of "proof" his domain the ring.
Something to note in reading his post over the yrs he also has a wide curriculum based on a traditional approach
offering things for those not interested in the ring events not often mentioned...

You've used the old

TO be completely honest, a product that would blow 90% of the Tai Chi schools I've seen (at least in Canada) completely out of the water in terms of -- well, you name it.
Which is probably what those 90% say and feel about what they do . Odd isn't it. ;)

90% of what?

By your own admission they don't even fulfil your requirements and yet you use them as a yard stick.
IMO the better approach would be to define your niche and allow people to make their own choice based on this.

Or as Peter Ralston did "Intent on revealing the depth and power of this work, in 1978 he became the first non-Asian ever to win the World Championship full-contact martial arts tournament held in the Republic of China."
http://chenghsin.com/founder-whoispeterralston.html
cool name and branding btw

What would you say your accomplishments have been, what would attract you to
your own gym would be one of the questions one might ask themselves
for those intending to open their own gym or create their own style.

As to name and branding, what would you say are the defining characteristics of what you do?
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:55 am

Sorry to interrupt...

Last edited by Bao on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:57 am

iDog Tai-chi
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:36 am

Appledog wrote:I've been considering creating a new style of Tai Chi, and have been thinking of a name to call it. It wouldn't really be an entirely new style of tai chi -- I am actually empowered in the sense that I can take the best of what I know across Yang, Chen, Sun and Wu style and come up with something special. Any thoughts?

You already named it!....'The Best of The Best of The Best of The Best Really Special TAI CHi'
Trick

Postby Appledog on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:45 am

Last edited by Appledog on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:27 am

Appledog wrote:
No, I just said I am not anyone's disciple. Why should that be of any concern? Your teacher isn't part of any lineage either, so what's the big deal?

You dunce !!!

I baishi under Dan Docherty who baishi under Cheng tin-hung...the lad Eddie Wu stated was onetime gate-keeper of Wu Style... Cheng Tin-hung never made that claim.
His tai chi derives from two soures ...
his uncle third desiple of Wu Jian Chuan and his main teacher re . Martially effective tai chi - Qi Min Quan who's father Qi Ke San is mentioned as a disciple of Wu Quan Yu in a book published in 1952 ... Qi Min Quans main teacher was a a monk ching I who learned from Wang Lan-ting..

Basically no matter what way you skin that cat, my lineage is genuine and derived from a line of some of the accepted best fighters of TCC of their time... being a top desciple guarantees they received a full transmission of the art.

That's called a Zhen Chuan, and you actually dare compare it to your self- admitted incomplete, madey-uppy- tai chi boxercise?

Put the cone on your head and face the corner!
The Emperor has no clothes on!
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 am

Appledog
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 am

Appledog, you're getting peer-review. There are people here who've practiced for decades; some who've created their own thing; but none who'd say they'd created a new tcc. Some would even say that they're still learning.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:54 am

Appledog
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:59 am

I asked for some advice

Hey, if you posted on a doctor's board that you had a new form of medicine, you'd be reviewed by doctors. Some might scoff; some might smile; some might not be so kind; some wouldn't bother responding. The reaction is up to you, and you can also wait for more positive responses.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:17 am

Appledog
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan