Game of Thrones S7 (SPOILERS)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Game of Thrones S7 (SPOILERS)

Postby GrahamB on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:03 am

GOT has always had a very strong female fan base, which I always found curious as it is basically some sort of male fantasy, or it was..... The first few series were all tits, shagging and fighting..... Although there was a lot of male eye candy on show....

Then all the raping happened and understandably they pissed off a large portion of their own fan base.

Now we're are in a period of 'girl power' as a kind of reaction. I have no problem with that, although the amount of men with litterally no dick is now reaching epic proportions :)

The pendulum swings too far either side but eventually the market will balance out. Ommmmmm......
Last edited by GrahamB on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:20 am

Great show. I just caught the fourth episode (leaked screener) and it was my favorite of the season thus far.

I agree that the gore and rape have been quite intense throughout, but how would things have been back in the day? Well, actually we know that's just how things were not too long ago. AFAICR, the only rape I didn't like was the first as she then fell in love with the horse-lord, although I guess that could have been some sort of Stockholm syndrome after living with a pervy brother as she did for so many years.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Incredibly controversial for sure.

Although the show seems to still have massive appeal.

Not sure what that says about us. There is great art and horrible exploitation all in one.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 pm

She bonded with her horse lord by showing him how to do it missionary instead of doggy, then taught him how to be a more sensual, read feminine, lover, transforming him from the noble savage rapist into a caring husband, a metaphor for modern feminism's transformation of today's men into actual women. I'm sure there was a Cosmo crossover article where he finally found her g-spot, but it was left on the cutting room floor because of patriarchy.

The exact same transformation of savage rapist into sensual lover happened in Quest for Fire and maybe "Clan of the Cave Bear", not sure, but for fantasy films, rape is historically accurate, and that's why they have to show so many dickless dudes in GoT, in order to maintain herstorical balance.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:40 am

Two of the female characters' names appear to be variations on "misandry": Melisandre, the Red Woman, and Missandie, dragon mama's advisor from Naath, where marriages don't exist.
Michael

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 am

The Dragon battle was amazing.

So many unanswered questions though....

How come Sir Davos is correcting Jon Snow on the less/fewer grammar point when two series ago he couldn't even read? -oldman-
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:27 am

#4 was freakin' awesome.
I'm wondering if Jon and D will get married and live happily ever after in the end? Seem like a nice match. Maybe. Then again, this ain't Disney... :)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 am

watched 3 & 4 back to back last night. sweet bliss.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:48 am

D is J's Aunty... Not sure it would be legal.... ;D
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 am

Aunty or kissin' half-sister?
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 am

I predict watery NDE (near death experience) for Jamie, everyone thinks he's dead, he is dead, sort of, maybe Brandon/3ER visits his NDE-scape, while his "death" is reported to Cierce, who is deeply distraught.

Jamie miraculously returns, his gradual softening since losing his hand now completed, disgusted with the pursuit of power he sacrifices himself to save Cierce from Arya, and with his dying breath, begs her to take Tyrion as her hand now that Dragon Mama and Jon Snow have perished in their valiant battle to destroy the Night King, which was only partially successful. The End.

PS—EP 4 rocked.
Last edited by Michael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:32 am

I think Tyrion will end up king, mainly because he definitely doesn't want it.

The theory is that Jon Snow is the son of Ned’s sister, Lyanna, and Rhaegar Targaryen, the brother of Daenerys.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:41 am

Man oh man what an ending. Jamie is weighted down with that hefty looking armor, looking pretty shocked and helpless. What a cliff hanger. NDE would be interesting but it doesn't seem possible. The really big main characters will surely start dying off now. how many episodes are left?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:40 pm

3 eps this season, 8 in the final season, which means only 11 more hours of waiting to see if Sansa gets nekkid.
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:42 pm

GrahamB wrote:The theory is that Jon Snow is the son of Ned’s sister, Lyanna, and Rhaegar Targaryen, the brother of Daenerys.

My GoT genealogy is weak. I thought both Daenerys and Jon were the children of the Mad King.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic