Appledog

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Appledog

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:51 am

I won't argue about anything actually. I can understand your reasonings. You might be correct about my English as well. I think it's unnecessary to make a great deal about one person and dedicate a thread to hang out a person. So many people hides in the shadows. Not now maybe, but earlier. I haven't either said that it's wrong, just that it's IMHO and that I personally don't like it. I might be different from anyone else and I don't care about what others think.

That was a very well measured response. Thank you for that.

Still, I don't exactly agree. In fact, very recently we have seen some new members called out and they did post videos of their work. This not only changed what I thought of them, but they also seemed to take a much more measured stance. It worked well both ways. Of course, I don't assume that will work for all.

I don't know who has been hiding on here and only come out recently, but that's not really relevant to this issue. We have a prima donna calling everyone insane and claiming they are going to start a new style of "taichi" all without having training from any of the big lines (and stating they still want that). Then they try to bash the critical thinking skills of people after admitting that they dropped out of college. LOL. Come off it, man!

I also wouldn't be horribly against the name thing, although, I think most of the long time posters have met each other or others who have and we know who his who in real life. YMMV.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 am

Well, afa names, I'm careful about what I write precisely because I use my own name. I don't write anything I wouldn't mind my boss, my mom, or my kids seeing. But, when it comes to martial arts stuff, it's irrelevant because people have accepted it as a norm. Nobody cares if someone calls himself Taichininja, even if it sounds funny or pretentious to some. It's just not important.

Besides, just because someone uses a complete name doesn't mean that he really owns it ;). Nobody checks identification. And, when it comes to important issues, there's a long history of using pen names because using real names was dangerous.

But, on this type of discussion board, a fake name can be used to fake out other board members. I'm sure it's happened. The "X" who comes back as "Y." In the end, the words will last and matter more than the names.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

If you must know, it's Bond, Ian Bond.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:17 am

Jack. Apple Jack.
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 am

Bao wrote:
cloudz wrote: like to have a bit of fun, because you know it's the net and it shouldn't be terribly serious even if people get togther and speak passionately about the things that move them.

;D Fun is what the board wants!

But I think Appledog is doing fine. Trying to get along with this crowd is not easy.

Though I wonder what outsiders would think about this thread, a whole bunch of aggressive people verbally attacking one person from behind their keyboards. :/ It's unnecessary to create a thread designed to be packed with negativity. Life is too short for this kind of juvenile nonsense. Just IMHO ;)

Maybe not for me to say. I was the first one calling him troll. I think I was mistaken. :P

Showing some Swedish meekness there? 8-)
Trick

Postby Dmitri on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 am

Michael wrote:Jack. Apple Jack.

I'll raise you with:
Bond. Government Bond.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Still, I don't exactly agree. In fact, very recently we have seen some new members called out and they did post videos of their work. This not only changed what I thought of them, but they also seemed to take a much more measured stance. It worked well both ways. Of course, I don't assume that will work for all.

That's indeed a very good point and it makes sense. Thank you for explaining your thoughts.

Trick wrote:Showing some Swedish meekness there? 8-)

Lol! ;D Probably so. Getting more meekish every year. I would sincerely need a good cup of HTFU. ;)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 am

Bao wrote:Trying to get along with this crowd is not easy.

Only if the size of your head is constantly causing you to tip over...

Though I wonder what outsiders would think about this thread, a whole bunch of aggressive people verbally attacking one person from behind their keyboards.

What outsiders? You mean, that whole bunch of judgmental people looking for some mild entertainment from behind their keyboards? :) 'Tis internets...

He is engaging highly selectively, -- that's not a good sign, in my book. You either stand up and fight, or fuck off, but you can't have it both ways, i.e. throw a punch and then sit down for a while and then throw another punch and walk out and then return and throw another punch... It just don't work that way. Answer (it at least address) all questions... or expect to be treated accordingly.

He's also very protective of his anonymity -- also not a good sign, in my book. :P
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:24 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:56 am

I'm going by my own experience with you. I politely asked you three simple questions. You've answered (or even acknowledged) one of them, which you found to be "good", and pretended like the others didn't exist.
And then I watched you act the same way with some others.
And now you complain about being "mobbed"? And by non-IMA people? :) Yer funny.

It's OK though. There was allegedly this guy a couple of thousand years ago who was not only mobbed by the unbelievers, but even unjustly crucified. However, it supposedly turned out pretty well for him in the end, so maybe there's some hope for you as well, -- since you're apparently in a similar boat and all.
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am

Can you self identify as an IMA guy?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:48 pm

i just wanna state for the record that i'ma fully an mma guy
i buy spandex tights that are usually 2 size smaller, that way my bulge looks bigger and more impressive
plus i'm getting that big birdie tattooed on my chest ala mcgregor
so i'ma just sayin i'ma mma guy
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic